Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Why the hell is Damage Dealer called DPS?

It should be just DD
    DPS = Damage Per Second

Not that logical but...

as a paladin use legendary helm - use self heal after 3 and 4th stacks - let other tank taunt after 5th - was no problem doing it like that at 910 pala tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nah, Monks roll their face across the KB and don't even notice the boss is actually hitting them. Every other tank spec is far inferior to brewmaster here.
    Rather than rolling their faces across KB, you can use your teleport + rolls as Monk to almost completely evade the entire Felclaws phase(as it is duration based) if your melee are ready to make a run for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Because K stands for kilo which is 1000. KK means 1000 * 1000 = 1,000,000. That has some sense. NHC means nothing.
    NHC means non-heroic. It comes from the fact that before SOO, there technically wasn't a normal difficulty. What was called normal then is actually heroic. So heroic is the baseline and you refer to normal as NHC (non-heroic)

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    It's still manageable, but definitely did feel like a jump from pretty much every other boss. The last boss I remember thinking 'hey this guy weirdly hits way harder than any of the other bosses' at first was Archimonde, so I guess that tracks.

Ultimately we found the most issues with the weird timing between fel clwas/armageddon in phase 2, where he'll often cast armageddon right after finishing his felclaws, so we ultimately had to figure out which was worse: delaying the tank swap and having them eat more melee hits with 5 stacks of felclaws, or doing the swap and the person who still has 5 stacks going to eat a meteor that's going to do double damage. We ultimately went with the former, since that's still technically healable, rather than having a decent chance at just going from 100-0 instantly. everything before/after that is fine though, just having to deal with felclaws
    We don't let tanks soak armageddon hail. We have dps deal with that using immunities / cheat death / cauterize
    Last edited by Magicpot; 2017-06-24 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    NHC is like a german way of saying normal

Nicht being not - N
    and the HC is....Heroic.

therefore, NHC = Not Heroic = Normal

Weird i know...

LFR and mythic are also not heroic.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Rather than rolling their faces across KB, you can use your teleport + rolls as Monk to almost completely evade the entire Felclaws phase(as it is duration based) if your melee are ready to make a run for it.
    The damage is so irrelevant on a monk, I dunno why you would do this unless you like screwing over positioning and losing raid dps on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The damage is so irrelevant on a monk, I dunno why you would do this unless you like screwing over positioning and losing raid dps on the boss.
    Maybe on normal, even on heroic... but Mythic might be a different story. Monks would be effectively be able to solo tank the boss, unless there is a mythic-only phase of the boss that requires 2 tanks.

Maybe on normal, even on heroic... but Mythic might be a different story. Monks would be effectively be able to solo tank the boss, unless there is a mythic-only phase of the boss that requires 2 tanks.
    If a Monk is going to solo tank the boss, they're going to do it without your dumb "look at my super pro cheese no one cares about or will use" strat.

Anything that involves a boss running around the platform like a jackass unnecessarily is not a mythic strat any serious guild is going to use. Proper positioning is literally half the battle in downing a hard boss.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-24 at 11:50 PM.

Screwing over your entire raid's positioning on a heavily positioning based fight like KJ doesn't seem like the best idea to me. Especially since Monks are arguably the best tanks in terms of mitigating damage as it is anyway.

I tanked this boss on Normal with my Prot OS, and Warriors are pretty good at it. Shield block the first two stacks, Demo Shout/Trinket/external if needed starting from the third, Arti ability for the last two. Worked very well once I got the hang of it. It was cool to see a boss for which a Warrior's toolkit is actually good for once!

If you want some concrete advice, you should post logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    We tried having one tank take 3 and the other 2, that worked slightly better but we still had random times where our tanks would randomly get dumpstered from 60%+ HP with mitigation up.
    That means that you had a tank with at least 2 stacks (maybe 3) tank the entire time? Of course he got destroyed.

Not to mention that:
    1. Paladins can't have 100 % up-time on Shield of the Righteous unlike some other tank classes, so it's going to be super hard to actually not take unmitigated hits.
    2. When the next Fel Claws comes, both of your tanks still have the debuff. Meaning that one of them likely has to go to 5 stacks anyway at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    We tried having one Tank take all 5 felclaws, that didn't work at all.
    That's how you do it and there isn't that much to it. What exactly didn't work at all?

1 tank takes all hits (max 5, sometimes less it the boss casts some other abilities during the buff and doesn't melee).
    Then the other tank takes over and tanks the boss with no debuff, suddenly he doesn't hit that hard.

Just be prepared and use your cooldowns, there is nothing else to use them on.
    Make sure to have SotR up, pop a heal (Hand of the Protector) after the 2nd hit (and again after the 3rd or 4th if you have the helm) and pop a cooldown on top (AD with 3 relics or Eye of Tyr with the Shoulders will be ready every time; if you have neither, just alternate).

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    you took 6 stacks?

And yes you're the best tank classes for it.
    I tanked it to 10 at one point on my killing pull. The other tank died at 5 and brez was still coming off CD. 6 isn't hard. Ilevel 906.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I tanked it to 10 at one point on my killing pull. The other tank died at 5 and brez was still coming off CD. 6 isn't hard. Ilevel 906.
    10 is logical. 6 is not.

Understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10 is logical. 6 is not.

Understand?
    You can purposely put it off kilter to help manage cooldowns. Most tanks don't need any sort of cooldown or much mitigation for 4. Most need at least some mitigation ready for 5. I assume that's why he said 5-6, as it's a viable strategy depending on your cotank.

If you have 6 it means the other tank took 4 and taunted after the first claw of the move.

you took 6 stacks?

And yes you're the best tank classes for it.
    Monks are pretty damn good at it, our pally tank died early into an attempt, and then our monk tank survived till 10 stacks on heroic. (Would have gone further, but we called wipe)

On the top of paladins specifically it's gonna happen on a new hard hitting prog fight that you need a few pulls to sort out a cd rotation that works I can't really comment if people can't figure it out after 10+ pulls tho. I'm sure prot pala discord has had some decent discussion on it but the pinned chart itself is useless. All it tells you to do is have sotr up and have eye of tyr up (which you only can on all of them with shoulders). Like I fully admit i got smashed on normal mode even (running max dps build) as i just wasn't prepared but we still killed boss 2nd pull. I'm very confident in handling him on heroic it's just a matter of planning cd's and also playing somewhat conservative and taking some big autos to have sotr charges ready for claws.

In general felclaws is kinda weird, we have 2 examples where 1 specific leggo makes the mechanic super super easy compared to not having it. That's prot pally shoulders which let you eye of tyr every felclaws and DH boots which let you fiery brand every felclaws. Feelsbadman. Overall i'm glad bosses are hitting harder in general (even early heroic bosses on 30 man were crushing tbh) it's just quite unexpected compared to the rest of legion so allow some time to adjust i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well it used to be damage dealer for damage dealer, nowadays its dps, despite everyone dealing dps, not only damage dealers.
    and everyone was damage dealer beofre, too, so Im kinda missing the point? But why would N suddenly abbreviate as NHC? especially when nowadays we got 3 non-HC difficulties? it just makes no sense whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    and everyone was damage dealer beofre, too, so Im kinda missing the point? But why would N suddenly abbreviate as NHC? especially when nowadays we got 3 non-HC difficulties? it just makes no sense whatsoever
    If you're questioning why he said NHC you should question yourself for abbreviating Heroic as "HC" when a simple H does the job.

N, H, M. So hard to understand those simple abbreviations.

So hard. Should probably start abbreviating Mythic as MC LUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Because K stands for kilo which is 1000. KK means 1000 * 1000 = 1,000,000. That has some sense. NHC means nothing.
    Actually NHC does have a meaning - it means Not Heroic. Its just not clear if you mean LFR, Normal or Mythic.

Tanked this in a pug on my 911 DH tank alt, he hits hard for sure but it wasnt that hard to survive tbh. just use your AM and tank cds when needed.

Heroic will probably be another story though.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-06-25 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    It's still manageable, but definitely did feel like a jump from pretty much every other boss. The last boss I remember thinking 'hey this guy weirdly hits way harder than any of the other bosses' at first was Archimonde, so I guess that tracks.

Ultimately we found the most issues with the weird timing between fel clwas/armageddon in phase 2, where he'll often cast armageddon right after finishing his felclaws, so we ultimately had to figure out which was worse: delaying the tank swap and having them eat more melee hits with 5 stacks of felclaws, or doing the swap and the person who still has 5 stacks going to eat a meteor that's going to do double damage. We ultimately went with the former, since that's still technically healable, rather than having a decent chance at just going from 100-0 instantly. everything before/after that is fine though, just having to deal with felclaws
    You shouldn't be taking metor with felclaw debuff on you as a tank.
    Unless you have immunity bop/bubble.