Clickable Runes that changes you to Guldan

Why have i not seen any posts on this yet. Anyone know anything about this or the purpose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOy3SE7Prh0
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

This is awesometastic. But it will be disabled in 2 weeks when the PUG tears will make the ocean levels rise.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-06-25 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can see there isn't really a purpose behind it, besides killing your raid. Which in it self is the best reason.

For those that are too lazy to watch the video : in the ToS raid, you can find several runes on walls which were put by Gul'dan in Warcraft 3. Interacting with them gives a debuff (Curse of Gul'dan) transforms you into Gul'Dan : you can attack npcs/allies (= players in the raid) and you may use 3 abilities from the Nighthold boss (forgot the names). Pulling a boss cancels the debuff.

There's no way that they'll allow this in LFR... I can't imagine the amount of shitstorms that would occur.

Seems like a fun easter egg to have a little fun in the raid though. I wonder if there's a lore reason behind these runes that turns you into Gul'dan, I know that these same runes were made by Gul'dan in WC3 while he ventured deeper into the tomb where he eventually meets his end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    There's no way that they'll allow this in LFR... I can't imagine the amount of shitstorms that would occur.

Seems like a fun easter egg to have a little fun in the raid though. I wonder if there's a lore reason behind these runes that turns you into Gul'dan, I know that these same runes were made by Gul'dan in WC3 while he ventured deeper into the tomb where he eventually meets his end.
    only works once per rune per run, so it wont be that bad, plus hes easy to kill
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I feel like there has to be some point to this, but I can't imagine what.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This is awesometastic. But it will be disabled in 2 weeks when the PUG tears will make the ocean levels rise.
    That makes no sense, there were crystals in the il'gynoth room that let you kill your raid, and it wasn't removed.

I found out the hard way you can get killed by your raid after using the glyph.

Everyone runs past after dropping into the water, I look around and see the glyph, click on it and get turned into Gul'dan.
    I say on discord "hey guys I'm Gul'dan! turn around, look!"
    Nothing for a few seconds and then the raid lead says "We can kill you"
    I go "what? no no no no no no no no no" while trying to run away......

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I know that these same runes were made by Gul'dan in WC3
    It was in WC2, in WC3 you only see his memories from runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That makes no sense, there were crystals in the il'gynoth room that let you kill your raid, and it wasn't removed.
    Those didn't give you a cleave that hit for 8mil either. You can cast most of your abilities still too, including sneaking up in stealth (still visible, but no hostile nameplate).
    I'll be surprised if they stay in LFR, as people find out where they are there will definitely be a lot of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Those didn't give you a cleave that hit for 8mil either. You can cast most of your abilities still too, including sneaking up in stealth (still visible, but no hostile nameplate).
    I'll be surprised if they stay in LFR, as people find out where they are there will definitely be a lot of trolling.
    Cleave hit that hits for 8mil? Yeah neither of them gave you that lol. The Fel scythe does like 3mil dmg.

But no, it didn't give me a cleave, it let me use my own abilities, which will get me many many more kills than the gul'dan pvp thing, as unless I'm in melee range, it becomes difficult to kill someone.

"You can cast most of your abilities still too" MOST? really? And by most you mean an extremely selective few right?

Not sure why people are so scared of a troll killing 1-3 people in lfr on trash, when this isn't nearly as easy to kill people with, as the il'gynoth crystals were.

Not sure why people are so scared of a troll killing 1-3 people in lfr on trash, when this isn't nearly as easy to kill people with, as the il'gynoth crystals were.
    I can already see the incoming Jaylock thread. "I decided to slum it in ToS LFR and turned into Gul'Dan, the raid killed me! Do you think people should do this?"
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Cleave hit that hits for 8mil? Yeah neither of them gave you that lol. The Fel scythe does like 3mil dmg.

But no, it didn't give me a cleave, it let me use my own abilities, which will get me many many more kills than the gul'dan pvp thing, as unless I'm in melee range, it becomes difficult to kill someone.

"You can cast most of your abilities still too" MOST? really? And by most you mean an extremely selective few right?

You are disarmed, that's all. Not silenced or pacified. Druids can cast everything, even if your action bars are hidden. The abilities scale with gear- at 915/920 the beam ticks for ~500k and the Fel Scythe does 8mil before armor/talent reduction, two-shotting tanks and instakilling anyone else. I don't care what kind of shitshow LFR is, just pointing out how powerful the transformation is.