Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wish we'd have more gem slots and more enchant options again such as in wrath or cata. Also dislike the legendary/artifact stuff, although it was definitely fun for now, I prefer the old system with regular gear drops. Not a fan of titan forged. It's definitely better than it was in WoD though, although that's not saying much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That's a No to my question.
    I take it you are a logical positivist then? (you are outdated, if so)

PROOF that formal education must be done away with and we must go back to the classics. Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    system is almost perfect

current loot system is garbage but not because of rng or anything - its garbage because blizzard made crafting gear garbage and removed badge/vp gear - making life of casuals hell- if they brought it back system would be more then perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

aww cant pvn nobs without full conquest gear ? what a shame

pvp system is better then ever because what counts is skills not being in full conquest gear and depending fully on overgearing the f... out of competition

No I can PvP just fine I used it for alts to gear up and have fun. Different play style that got changed in Legion. And what is the best PvP is when no one has gear naked pvp is best pvp where gear does not count at all set stats and health. Its just Blizz has not used the templates right. And yes PvP should be about skill not gear.

And when everyone had the same Arena pvp gear there was no out gearing people at all. It needs to go back to the BC Wotlk or even Legion Model everyone had BIS for there class and was better. Came down to skill not gear.
    Last edited by Starscream101; 2017-06-23 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not a fan.

On one hand, I've never cared so little about gear as I care about it now.
    However - on other hand. I've never been so stressed and angry about gear as I have during this expac.

Either way, none of it feels very fun and it's definitely not something I look forward to. I mostly groan when I must get upgrades and fiddle with stats.

Legendaries have caused a lot of resentment among players. The choice of adding throughput legendaries was a really bad one. Those altered the way some specs played - and became a 'must'. It did not feel good to get Sephus'z in the first months. Especially when someone else rolled in two BiS legos. It drove people apart - and that a very bad design choice for a game like WoW.

Warforging and Titanforging fall along the same RNG ballpart, but the problem with these is that getting the procs was/is way too common. At one point during EN I didn't have a single piece equipped that didn't have some kind of WF/TF proc. It became something you expected. And it felt BAD to get a normal 880 tier piece from Mythic EN, because you had to replace some TF procced shitpiece with it.

When we get conditioned to gear proccing up so often, getting a normal gear feels bad. It shouldn’t feel bad.
    Normal loot should be what we're expecting to get. But instead we were expecting procced pieces. I think they've silently rolled back the proc chances in the latest patches, gear doesn't seem to proc quite at same rate anymore - but that feeling is still there. It sucked

Now having said all that - since I stopped raiding mythics mid-EN - I really haven't cared at all. And I don't need to. Heroic bosses die just fine and my performance on meters seems acceptable. I uninstalled Pawn. I don't even look at stats anymore because they make me vomit in my mouth, I just equip the pieces if they're higher ilvl.

Blizzard keeps adjusting have fixing and buffing and nerfing and releasing goddamn boring DevQ&A's about numbers - but the truth is that if you're not raiding Mythics - none of it matters at all. For most of the playerbase - their actions just don't have any visible effect at all. It makes the devQ&A's sort of pointless to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I take it you are a logical positivist then? (you are outdated, if so)

PROOF that formal education must be done away with and we must go back to the classics. Haha.
    I have no clue what you're trying to say here. But it doesn't seem to have anything to do with what I asked.

I asked for proof of the claim that raids are in fact balanced around WF/TF itemlevels of the previous raid/bosses, when they are supposed to be balanced around the baseline itemlevels. Anyone can say they are, that doesn't make it a fact. That's like me saying the sky is falling when it's really staying exactly where it's always been.

Deleted
    Hmm.. my post got eaten by something. Oh well. Reposting.

I'm not a fan.

On one hand, I've never cared so little about gear as I care about it now.
    However - on other hand. I've never been so stressed and angry about gear as I have been during this expac.

Either way, none of it feels very fun and it's definitely not something I look forward to. I mostly groan when I must get upgrades and fiddle with stats.

Legendaries have caused a lot of resentment among players. The choice of adding throughput legendaries was a really bad one. Those altered the way some specs played - and became a 'must'. It did not feel good to get Sephus'z in the first months. Especially when someone else rolled in two BiS legos. It drove people apart - and that a very bad design choice for a game like WoW.

Warforging and Titanforging fall along the same RNG ballpart, but the problem with these is that getting the procs was/is way too common. At one point during EN I didn't have a single piece equipped that didn't have some kind of WF/TF proc. It became something you expected. And it felt BAD to get a normal 880 tier piece from Mythic EN, because you had to replace some TF procced shitpiece with it.

When we get conditioned to gear proccing up so often, getting a normal gear feels bad. It shouldn’t feel bad.
    Normal loot should be what we're expecting to get. But instead we were expecting procced pieces. I think they've silently rolled back the proc chances in the latest patches, gear doesn't seem to proc quite at same rate anymore - but that feeling is still there. It sucked

Now having said all that - since I stopped raiding mythics mid-EN - I really haven't cared at all. And I don't need to. Heroic bosses die just fine and my performance on meters seems acceptable. I uninstalled Pawn. I don't even look at stats anymore because they make me vomit in my mouth, I just equip the pieces if they're higher ilvl.

Blizzard keeps adjusting have fixing and buffing and nerfing and releasing goddamn boring DevQ&A's about numbers - but the truth is that if you're not raiding Mythics - none of it matters at all. For most of the playerbase - their actions just don't have any visible effect at all. It makes the devQ&A's sort of pointless to be honest.

dont worry - the things you all dislike will be gone next xpac and replaced by something that will be disliked by someone. who will then become the vocal ones on the forums.

its never going to stop.

I enjoy pretty much everything about the current equipment system. The AP system in particular is what has been needed for ages. A generalized currency thats available simply for playing however you want, that strengthens your character at levelcap.

The only thing that kinda annoys me is how few equipment slots I actually have after taking the weapon slot, 2 legendaries, and 4 tier piece slots out of consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Yes, it's fun to get an 880 TF from a WQ or NH LFR, but it also disconnects reward from effort too much. I like things like the WQ gear system... that lets me get to a base level quickly (I'm thinking Pre-Broken Shore) and it made me powerful enough that I could do things in the world without undue annoyance. But TFing LFR gear and the like made things like regular mythic useless for gear since they dropped 840 (not to mention heroics which drop what, 830?).

I like SOME level of proc on loot but I think the wide variance in them was bad for the game and for tuning the raids, etc. I like some connection between achieving something in the content and the rewards that content gives.

I also think they messed up secondary stats a lot early on. For a team that has dropped enchants, gems and glyphs because those were supposedly too complex for the average player, this was an amusing fuckup. Wait, gemming etc was hard but figuring out the various secondaries wasn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is easily the worst the loot system has ever been in WoW. You have no control over your own rewards. Your path to upgrades is dictated more by dice rolls than your own input.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    No, the gearsystem has been getting progressively worse since Cata.

- MoPs first raids, tier 14, was the last tier to use to "old" gearsystem, where there was no chance of gear "proccing" improved versions of itself.
    - ToT added Thunderforged, which was a proc that added a flat 6+ iLvls to the piece, could not proc on tierpieces. This continued in SoO, just renamed Warforged.
    - WoD kept the same 6+ iLvl proc, but now there was also a chance of proccing a socket. You could have TF or socket, or you could have both if you were really lucky. The system now also worked on tierpieces.
    - Then Legion arrived and went balls to the wall insane on RNG. Random TF procs that could increase the iLvl by crazy amounts, on top of D3 style Legendaries (not so much an issue now, as ppl start getting most of them / Blizz managed to balance them better), but it was really unbalanced and completely random earlier in the expansion.

My issue has always been that whenever you get a good item, let's say your BiS Mythic trinket, in the past you would have been really happy about it, but now, whenever you get a non TF/socket version of your BiS gear, it feels like a letdown, because you know it's still a shit piece compared to the TF/socket version of it. This feeling has been getting progressively worse and more annoying every expansion since they added TFing.
    but thats the problem with people mentality and something what blizzard actively fights with - they were very clear that chasing BiS lists is something they dont want in game - its the problem of 1 % of junkies who cant be happy with gear no matter what - something that blizzard should ignore - general playerbase loves titanforging - so f... few forum dwellers they are so insignificant that anyone sane would ignore them

i would if my wife would let me buy a new modem that doesn't restart almost every hour

10+ Year Old Account
    laughtin at people say tbc was best, all you did was arena or raid to gear
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Loot is incredibly boring atm.

-stats are reduced to near nothing and you rarely have to make a meaningful loot decision anymore. in most cases a rule of ilvl + it doesn't have my worst stat will suffice.
    -titanforging is just too over the top atm, it needs to have some limits on it. (e.g. professions can upgrade ilvls somehow or less ilvl range on titanforfing).

the big thing with titanforging is that it can be fun if it happens to you, but since it's RNG it can also easily create non-fun situations especially in a group context.

I hat er the randomness a bit. I hate the fact that I got 6 bracers in a row in the weekly mythic+ chest. I hate the fact that someone can be lying on the floor dead the whole fight , and then still get a BiS Titanforge, whilst you can top the meters for the whole tier and not even see the item drop for yourself, let alone a titanforged one.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Stopped caring about gear when Wrath ended!! I collect mounts and pets so thats where i aim my energy plus i know the catch up system will always let me get into the new tier of raiding if i so choose too.

I think they went over the top with titanforged gear. I would have WF only and would be 5+ 10+ ilvl on the gear. Would be a nice bonus but not mandatory to farm for 30+ titanforged ilvl.
    I Like the idea of the mythic + dungeons and the gear but would be the same top would be 10+ ilvl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are people acting as though LFR players are running around in 915 average gear because of titanforging? If you took 1000 people from each bracket (an LFR, normal, heroic and mythic raider) and compared their average ilvl, I bet you £5000 that you'd see a clearly defined pattern in difficulty vs ilvl.

Do you REALLY give a shit that a guy got a 910 BTI from LFR Ursoc? Just let him have his moment, it doesn't affect anything in the grand scheme of things.

Legendary system could be better though, I still don't know why they haven't included any kind of targeting yet. I know 0 people that have gotten one from relinquished tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I quite like the current system but I agree some tweaks are needed:

3.Give players clearer information about their badluck streaks, why can't players see what their chance of acquiring a legendary is?
    There, you hit the mark, friend. All the shady deals about the legendary "drop rates" and such just make me wish this system never existed.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laronda View Post
    Why are people acting as though LFR players are running around in 915 average gear because of titanforging? If you took 1000 people from each bracket (an LFR, normal, heroic and mythic raider) and compared their average ilvl, I bet you £5000 that you'd see a clearly defined pattern in difficulty vs ilvl.

Do you REALLY give a shit that a guy got a 910 BTI from LFR Ursoc? Just let him have his moment, it doesn't affect anything in the grand scheme of things.

Legendary system could be better though, I still don't know why they haven't included any kind of targeting yet. I know 0 people that have gotten one from relinquished tokens.
    No, that not i really care about.

What bugs me is that i need to run old raids for certain trinkets.
    Or the the rest of the melee in my guild get 5-10 Ilvl ahead beacuse they can use non tier leggos, and that most of my gear proccs 5 ilvl above. Or get some sucky extra stat.
    of that de fact that you are stuck at a certain ilvl without those proccs.