Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class balance before Mythic ToS

Which classes do you think will be getting buffs and which will be getting the nerf bats?

Monk, DH, Pala DPS all seem to perform way below the pack with their only spec so they'd be the main targets for buffs

Nerfs maybe a bit off affliction

Deleted
    i can see a nerf coming for BRMs unless they want them to be the new druid level of retardness on terms of tanking.

Deleted
    Aff and Vengeance should be nerfed; Ret, Survival, and especially WW should be buffed

DH Havoc damage is horrible atm.

Deleted
    Depends on the Mythic encounters. Once you factor in extra responsibilities or a change in fight dynamics, rankings will change without the need for an extra tuning pass.

Going by Heroic parses most DPS are sufficiently balanced with Affliction, Subtlety and Balance on the higher end and Survival/Windwalker on the lower end. If they bring these more in line we're looking at pretty damn balanced state of affairs.
    No surprise, there's a few fights that benefit multidotters heavily, and Affliction & Balance aren't too bad on single target fights either, which makes them come out firmly on top.

What I play, BM, is on the lower half of the middle of the pack but is performing well, plays well and won't be benched by default. The delta with Marksmanship is sufficiently small that I can play the spec I like without regrets.

No one speaks about Feral ?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Arcane should probably get a buff..

And frost ofcourse /fingerscrossed

Feels like they forgot to also add 3% dmg to Frost while they buffed arcane and fire.

WW seems to need having its FoF nerf reverted as well as an across-the-board 10-15% buff to not suck anymore. And even then, the spec would still be on the lower half of all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Arcane should probably get a buff..

And frost ofcourse /fingerscrossed
    I'm pretty happy with frost tbh. Stack versa and mastery, spec GS and you should be back on 7.2 levels. And as an added bonus you will see >8M crits, pretty hilarious if you ask me.

Is the owl trinket going to be the new 'bracers' for fire?

I dont know what they are waiting for, the picture is clear and there are thousands of logs now

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13

They need to buff Rets , WW and Havoc by at least 5% and bring down affliction and subtlety a bit.

Affliction is fine. What you see in the statistic is people padding useless dmg at Avatar/Inq and a dot class being strong on multi dot fights what a shocker! Look at the other bosses, they are at best middle of the pack overall its balanced. Cant nerf them more or you would simply have to replace them for 6/9 bad fights.

Lets wait til the warcraftlogs dude implements that dmg done to maid on avatar while there is no shield / inq cage add dmg while not in cage does get excluded.

TLDR: dont use the shitty "all bosses" statistics - it includes cheesing / padding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I dont know what they are waiting for, the picture is clear and there are thousands of logs now

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13

They need to buff Rets , WW and Havoc by at least 5% and bring down affliction and subtlety a bit.
    Fortunately, Blizzard has
    a) more data
    b) more brain

than you. That's why no tunings have happened yet. Go through the individual bosses and you will see that affliction has some insane fights but that's mostly due to padding and padding that won't be possible in mythic anyways (Desolate Host).

Ret could use a buff, WW is also not great, and Surv also needs a bit of a boost.

Arcane seems in a weird spot: Lower mid on most fights, rather bottom on others, but then on the doggy and KJ in the top.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Affliction is fine. What you see in the statistic is people padding useless dmg at Avatar/Inq and a dot class being strong on multi dot fights what a shocker! Look at the other bosses, they are at best middle of the pack overall its balanced. Cant nerf them more or you would simply have to replace them for 6/9 bad fights.

Lets wait til the warcraftlogs dude implements that dmg done to maid on avatar while there is no shield / inq cage add dmg while not in cage does get excluded.

TLDR: dont use the shitty "all bosses" statistics - it includes cheesing / padding.
    While you're right, affli is still very strong even at fights that should not be their niche and they are just broken on fights where they should shine by design.
    It gets a tad annoying when some classes have such clear strength and weaknesses while others have very few if any.

On topic: WW probably needs some love and survival... well, I'm not sure why they even bother anymore. No one really plays the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    While you're right, affli is still very strong even at fights that should not be their niche and they are just broken on fights where they should shine by design.
    It gets a tad annoying when some classes have such clear strength and weaknesses while others have very few if any.

On topic: WW probably needs some love and survival... well, I'm not sure why they even bother anymore. No one really plays the damn thing.
    If by "very strong" you mean #13 then something isnt quite right with your definition of very strong . Avatar is cheesed (shadows and afflis top because they always dmg maiden aka produce useless dmg outside of shields) / DI is cheesed (affliction puts a endless dot on cage mob producing useless dmg over the whole duration). Thats the fights that drag us to top the famous "all boss" statistics.

There is really nothing to nerf. Singletarget dmg is bad, aoe is good but not best, multi target dot fight is nice (Desolate Host HC - min maxing with swapping realms for dots.. so much effort has to be rewarded with high dps for realz, its not like you just spam 2 buttons like DH and roflstomp your way to top like other classes).

Instead of focusing on imaginary op classes we should make sure that blizz finally buffs classes who need it the most aka WW / SV.

Deleted
    I feel that Frost DK is forgotten here. Especially since the frost T20 is pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If by "very strong" you mean #13 then something isnt quite right with your definition of very strong . Avatar is cheesed (shadows and afflis top because they always dmg maiden aka produce useless dmg outside of shields) / DI is cheesed (affliction puts a endless dot on cage mob producing useless dmg over the whole duration). Thats the fights that drag us to top the famous "all boss" statistics.

There is really nothing to nerf. Singletarget dmg is bad, aoe is good but not best, multi target dot fight is nice (Desolate Host HC - min maxing with swapping realms for dots.. so much effort has to be rewarded with high dps for realz, its not like you just spam 2 buttons like DH and roflstomp your way to top like other classes).

Instead of focusing on imaginary op classes we should make sure that blizz finally buffs classes who need it the most aka WW / SV.
    Yes, I agree with you. The focus should be on classes that are falling behind.
    I was simply saying that it frustrating for the classes that has clear weaknesses when others have very few or none. Maybe affli is not the best example of that but they are still in a very good spot in this tier, other classes are not as good.

Overall though, of you don't count druid tanks in NH and shadow in EN, the balance is rather good in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes, I agree with you. The focus should be on classes that are falling behind.
    I was simply saying that it frustrating for the classes that has clear weaknesses when others have very few or none. Maybe affli is not the best example of that but they are still in a very good spot in this tier, other classes are not as good.

Overall though, of you don't count druid tanks in NH and shadow in EN, the balance is rather good in Legion.
    warlocks have 2 top tier specs. padding or no padding Blizzard have a huge amount of logs to show what classes are at the bottom with no second dps spec to fall back to and which classes are doing too good, regardless of padding, with no weakness at all.

One can be blind, but the numbers are there and are clear for everyone to see. You can take every fight and same classes shine and same classes are at the bottom.

Changes from blizzard are unavoidable.