Gateways and Portals in Tomb of Sargeras

So, I'm currently wondering how everyone is using their gateways and portals for maximum performance in Tomb. A couple of fights are very obvious, like putting your platform at the back on Fallen Avatar, or having it on the shared debuff spot on Soul Machine dude.

Others aren't so straightforward. Has anyone found good usage on other bosses?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    So, I'm currently wondering how everyone is using their gateways and portals for maximum performance in Tomb. A couple of fights are very obvious, like putting your platform at the back on Fallen Avatar, or having it on the shared debuff spot on Soul Machine dude.

Others aren't so straightforward. Has anyone found good usage on other bosses?

Well I killed 4 bosses on HC yesterday so I can try to be of some help if I can:

Goroth: I use demonic circle around middle to instantly return to some pillar to hide after moving the debuff away, and use portal between 2 quadrants of the room to help others change sides when the quadrant of the floor gets dirty

Inquisition: I use demonic portal in the middle back, to quickly avoid debuff zones and not get stacks of torment and also to move debuff away for a dispel. personally I used portal to help tank mindlessly kite the whirlwind of the boss

Harjatan: used both on the side to help me and others drop debuffs on the side of room

Sisters of the moon: Invaluable! Used circle to one edge of room to quickly swap debuffs, and portal connecting one edge to the other to help myself and others with debuff swapping again.

Mistress Sazhine: just had a few tries , even though risky if u fk up, u can use circle to troll the whirlwinds, move forward then tele behind them, ignoring the mechanic that needs u to kill add to have the slime that blocks the tornado

will try to give u more insight tonight after raid

Deleted
    Well I killed 4 bosses on HC yesterday so I can try to be of some help if I can:

Goroth: I use demonic circle around middle to instantly return to some pillar to hide after moving the debuff away, and use portal between 2 quadrants of the room to help others change sides when the quadrant of the floor gets dirty

Inquisition: I use demonic portal in the middle back, to quickly avoid debuff zones and not get stacks of torment and also to move debuff away for a dispel. personally I used portal to help tank mindlessly kite the whirlwind of the boss

Harjatan: used both on the side to help me and others drop debuffs on the side of room

Sisters of the moon: Invaluable! Used circle to one edge of room to quickly swap debuffs, and portal connecting one edge to the other to help myself and others with debuff swapping again.

Mistress Sazhine: just had a few tries , even though risky if u fk up, u can use circle to troll the tornado, move forward then tele behind them, ignoring the mechanic that needs u to kill add to have the slime that blocks the tornado

Deleted
    Maiden of Vigilance: For faster travel time between the light and fel sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Atsui View Post

Mistress Sazhine: just had a few tries , even though risky if u fk up, u can use circle to troll the tornado, move forward then tele behind them, ignoring the mechanic that needs u to kill add to have the slime that blocks the tornado

I had some similar experiences.

On Goroth I used the circle to get out of the raid rather than get back in. Come to think of it your way is better.

On Inquisition I played it almost exactly like you did.

Harjatan I laid a circle down but didn't get hit by any mechanics at all.

Sazhine we got to 1% like 5 times but just kept getting wiped by tornadoes. I mainly used my circle to avoid the big fishy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiljaeden Gateway reveals the whole area while you travel through it.

I'm really glad there seem to be lots of potential for Gateway and Portal (and, hell, Norgannon's) to shine in here.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That seems maybe a tad unintended. I mean, I'm definitely going to use it, but I'd be surprised if it stayed

Deleted
    Continuing where I left off I am on 7/9 HC TOS now yay!

Desolate Host: circle at the point where debuffs meet ( thats obvious) and portal on the back side just in front of the pond u switch realms. When I get withered in incorporeal , switch to corporeal, and portal to other side to avoid dissonance.

Maiden: I put portal before encounter start connecting both sides to allow my raid to quickly position after the first infusion.
    Maybe too safe and cost me some dps, but I kept re-casting circle on every side I was standing after infusion changes the simple reason being : if u fail the bomb pushback, just demonic circle up, so the mechanic was really stress-free (warlock cheat) but oh well , dead dps= no dps

Idk about everyone else but the most useful gateway palcement for my guild was on heroic fallen avatar, coz our tank seemed t have trouble kiting the maiden from one side to the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Interesting, I'll have to try that out tonight. Good info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Interesting, I'll have to try that out tonight. Good info.
    the reveal lasts far less than 1 second, so be prepared. But yeah it works but too hard to rely on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    the reveal lasts far less than 1 second, so be prepared. But yeah it works but too hard to rely on it.
    Oh it's only during travel, for some reason I was expecting the action to bug the visuals. Just as well I suppose.

Must say I have found use for my personal port on most fights.

Goroth - Move to middle/edges quickly
    Inquisition - Move to edge to point spikes away from people/move away from spikes if you are in the way and to get away from purple goo instantly.
    Harjatan - Help with kiting/drop goo
    Mistress - Can be used intelligently to avoid tornadoes in clutch situations and jelly fish stun
    Sisters - Avoiding glaives in clutch situations(they are coming at you from all directions), swap debuffs
    Desolate - Depends on realm. Spirit - insta port to where scream is supposed to be dropped off. Corp - Drop off spear and get in range of spirit healers or to drop off purple wedges(need to be careful if using port for this - we had dedicated spots assigned to individual people, so worked for me)
    Maiden - Quick travel to other side to stack for ball pickup/negate effects of being thrown in air
    Avatar - Get to back of room instantly
    Kiljaeden - Negate effect of being thrown away by purple thing

This is what I ended up using it for on heroic after watching videos/doing normal. We got to 8/9 and put a few tries in on Kiljaiden.