Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    *comes back into the thread with his brand new tan*
    *tips his sun glasses and reads the OP*

Good thing I've been gone for a week. My god, if you think this is leftist propaganda you might want to take a hard look at your self. Its okay to want to vet Refugees more. Its okay to want them to assimilate, but to call this video leftist propaganda is a joke and totally demeans the significance of actual propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *comes back into the thread with his brand new tan*
    *tips his sun glasses and reads the OP*

Good thing I've been gone for a week. My god, if you think this is leftist propaganda you might want to take a hard look at your self. Its okay to want to vet Refugees more. Its okay to want them to assimilate, but to call this video leftist propaganda is a joke and totally demeans the significance of actual propaganda.
    "information of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

That's the definition. How does it fail to meet the definition. Be specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    "information of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

That's the definition. How does it fail to meet the definition. Be specific.
    Its misleading?

Its misleading?
    You tell me is it biased or misleading to represent refugees almost exclusively as young girls when they are almost exclusively not young girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    You tell me is it biased or misleading to represent refugees almost exclusively as young girls when they are almost exclusively not young girls.
    Wow, kinda a stretch there. I remember a toy from back in the day called stretch arm strong. I feel you are reading to deeply into it without doing much research on your own, which is an oxymoron when you think about it.

Wow, kinda a stretch there. I remember a toy from back in the day called stretch arm strong. I feel you are reading to deeply into it without doing much research on your own, which is an oxymoron when you think about it.
    You didn't answer: is it biased or misleading to represent refugees almost exclusively as young girls when they are almost exclusively not young girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't answer: is it biased or misleading to represent refugees almost exclusively as young girls when they are almost exclusively not young girls.
    Is it that biased? I didn't notice it. Just seemed like another video to me. Nothing new or special. Perhaps you should delve deeper into the topic before being angry over propaganda everywhere round you from the first video you see.

Do you like propaganda videos guys? I was wrong propaganda do not mean anything bad, because it still contain some truth:

Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-26 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Is it that biased? I didn't notice it. Just seemed like another video to me. Nothing new or special. Perhaps you should delve deeper into the topic before being angry over propaganda everywhere round you from the first video you see.
    A better suggestion is you stop going around telling people what is or isn't propaganda when you clearly have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    A better suggestion is you stop going around telling people what is or isn't propaganda when you clearly have no idea.
    I see a lot of irony here.

Trying to claim that this is propaganda is literally right propaganda.

Deleted
    OP, you are a completely clueless person.

One has to have a very small mind to think that all emmigrants are just trouble makers.

I deal with refugees twice every week for 3 hours. They are good people and they are doing their best to make it here (and i will tell you by experience it isnt easy). Theres rotten apples eveywhere and you can't judge them all for what a few do. That is racism and is complete detached from the reality of the vast majorities of refugees that are trying to adapt.

You would be better off making a case for their religious habits (the burka). That i could get behind, but not beeing truly terrible to honest people who are victims of war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Do you understand what white privilege actually is? It does not require white people to treat you better because you're white. It can be anyone. If you're treated better because you're white then you are enjoying white privilege, who is doing it is inconsequential.
    yes - which is why as a theoretical construct collapses once you leave the west.
    Asians being racist, has nothing to do with white people.

I see a lot of irony here.
    another word you don't understand the meaning of.

10+ Year Old Account
    another word you don't understand the meaning of.
    Is Cinderella propaganda because a girl will get a prince? Does it mislead you into thinking any girl will get a prince?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yes - which is why as a theoretical construct collapses once you leave the west.
    It doesn't though. If you're being treated better because of being white, it's white privilege. This applies even in countries that do not have a white majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It doesn't though. If you're being treated better because of being white, it's white privilege. This applies even in countries that do not have a white majority.
    That's not "white privilege" it's simple prejudice, Every group has those things depending on who you are and where you are, hence singling out white people as being somehow unique recipients of it is blatantly racist, and certainly bigoted. as I suggested before, you need a basic logic class.

Google has a campaign to highlight minorities that bettered the world. If you'd noticed, every google doodle in the last year or two have been dedicated to non-whites and they don't make doodles for Christian holidays iirc (can't remember this clearly, I don't think they made an Easter or Christmas one).

Google isn't a racist evil company. They're promoting globalism and cultural awareness. The only thing they've done recently to piss off the alt-right is said something like "we don't make doodles for religious holidays" as their excuse for not making one for Easter, then turned around and made one for Ramadan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Google has a campaign to highlight minorities that bettered the world. If you'd noticed, every google doodle in the last year or two have been dedicated to non-whites and they don't make doodles for Christian holidays iirc (can't remember this clearly, I don't think they made an Easter or Christmas one).

Google isn't a racist evil company. They're promoting globalism and cultural awareness. The only thing they've done recently to piss off the alt-right is said something like "we don't make doodles for religious holidays" as their excuse for not making one for Easter, then turned around and made one for Ramadan.
    I mean its not hard to piss them off.

Is Cinderella propaganda because a girl will get a prince? Does it mislead you into thinking any girl will get a prince?
    While you could argue that, no, rather this is being argued by the left regarding sexism and gender stereotyphes, I would like to point out two major differences between Cinderella and this story.
    Cinderella has never been, since its inception and in all its interations, something else than a fictional story. It has not been sold to any audience, especially not an adult audience, as representitive of facts or as a true story. Cinderella's whole appeal is based on the difference between harsh reality and fantasy and us rooting for the girl against all odds. Cinderella makes no claim that all girls can have a prince, rather it is about this one girl getting to have hers and how wonderfull that is. Thats what makes the story special to us.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-06-26 at 02:45 PM.