Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

NO BUFFS to retribution

Even though Retribution Paladins aren't even close to be considered as a good DPS at this moment, they still didn't receive any buff.

How do you feel about it? Do you anticipate one more set of class tuning Buffs/Nerfs before Mythic ToS?

We are below mediocre , which is good.
    Which means no nerfs.
    Which means we're pretty decent, pretty balanced and overall pretty.

It's worthy to note no dps balance changes have been issued in pve yet. They're still going over data is what they said.

what Blizzard also doesnt seen to realize is that ret damage is also buff up by that retard retribution passive, that roughly increases the overall damage by 2-3% on charts

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    THen you should check the front page
    Oh I didn't see that lol. Well... that's... interesting...

Havoc, Survival and Windwalker, if you take the time to look at parses from the first week of Tomb, those 3 specs are the bottom 3 specs. So really not a surprise that they started with those specs. Ret, while not performing well, is still out performing all 3 of those specs. It's out performing Frost DK as well, and they didn't get any buffs either. Even jumping up from the 75th percentile to the MAX doesn't change that, Ret is still out performing all 4 of those other specs.

There is also the issue of almost no one having their 4 piece yet and very few people having the new legendaries, so rankings are bound to be affected as more people step into their gear from Tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Havoc, Survival and Windwalker, if you take the time to look at parses from the first week of Tomb, those 3 specs are the bottom 3 specs. So really not a surprise that they started with those specs. Ret, while not performing well, is still out performing all 3 of those specs. It's out performing Frost DK as well, and they didn't get any buffs either. Even jumping up from the 75th percentile to the MAX doesn't change that, Ret is still out performing all 4 of those other specs.

There is also the issue of almost no one having their 4 piece yet and very few people having the new legendaries, so rankings are bound to be affected as more people step into their gear from Tomb.
    Ret's getting massively inflated by the amount of deaths being carried in your average heroic kill right now. Even KJ isn't sensitive to half the raid being dead if you make it to p3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Without the Retribution passive, we're bottom. We should be way higher on the chart with that much Retribution uptime. We're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ret's getting massively inflated by the amount of deaths being carried in your average heroic kill right now. Even KJ isn't sensitive to half the raid being dead if you make it to p3.
    Retribution passive is no concern and out of equation, as per their statement.
    It fits #fantasy and is not an issue at all.
    poerhaps it is their grand vision for Retribution - to be slightly below medium, yet so fething balanced at the very same time.

This is exactly why I am GLAD my first 3 legos early in the xpac were so bad that I re-rolled my hunter.

I really dont understand what class fantasy Blizzard is going for ret paladin but it aint even close to what ret paladins should be like.

- - - Updated - - -

the way u are talking u dont seem to know much about ret paladins and dont compare classes that actually have another dps spec paladin dps's can only go ret point.
    our 4 set is nothing fancy and and we are equaly likely to have it like any other class legos nothing that way better than waist and whispers

Quote Originally Posted by AoinoMiku View Post
    I really dont understand what class fantasy Blizzard is going for ret paladin but it aint even close to what ret paladins should be like.

- - - Updated - - -

the way u are talking u dont seem to know much about ret paladins and dont compare classes that actually have another dps spec paladin dps's can only go ret point.
    our 4 set is nothing fancy and and we are equaly likely to have it like any other class legos nothing that way better than waist and whispers
    I don't have to know anything about Ret to look at the buffs they're putting out and look at the logs and see why they are putting those buffs out. They are buffing the 3 most under performing specs, period, end of story. And yes, specs performing worse than Ret deserve to be buffed more than Ret. Also, and this applies to any tuning pass, just because they started with those 3 specs doesn't mean Ret won't see any buffs. But that's exactly like how all you Ret players are behaving.

You're not the bottom spec, yet you pitch a fit when the actual bottom specs get buffs before you do. I'm a Hunter, yet you don't seem me rightfully complaining that as a pure DPS class, we don't have a single spec in the top 5. And we are getting beat out by two multi role classes, Unholy DK and Shadow Priests, AND all 3 of our specs are getting beat by 2 out of the 3 Rogue specs.

You also fail to grasp what moving into Tomb gear will really do to shake up those rankings. Ret T20 may not be that great, but it's also not great for a lot of other specs too. So some specs that are doing well now, while still in their T19 gear, won't be doing so well as they move into T20 gear. Also, as a class that files multiple roles, it is perfectly acceptable, and darn right appropriate, for your DPS spec to be near the bottom of the pack. There is no reason for Ret to be one of the top DPS specs, ever, yet it's held that position plenty of times over the years.

There is no reason for Ret to be one of the top DPS specs, ever, yet it's held that position plenty of times over the years.
    There is a reason not to be the bottom IT IS OUR ONLY DPS SPEC we dont have 2 other to swap too, if u only have a single fucking dps spec u should never be at the bottom u should be around middle of the pack. And yes u need to know about ret paladins to actually understand the charts, ret paladin's damage is inflated cause of a toon of deaths and even like that we are quite low. If u check our single target is really shit we are bottom on 3 bosses. And thing is Mythic is starting in 1-2 days so yeah I do think they should buff more than 3 specs when the charts look like that.

You're not the bottom spec, yet you pitch a fit when the actual bottom specs get buffs before you do. I'm a Hunter, yet you don't seem me rightfully complaining that as a pure DPS class, we don't have a single spec in the top 5. And we are getting beat out by two multi role classes, Unholy DK and Shadow Priests, AND all 3 of our specs are getting beat by 2 out of the 3 Rogue specs.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, simply because of this:

Retribution
    Requires Paladin (Retribution)
    Requires level 70
    When any party or raid member within 40 yards dies, you gain 20% increased damage done and 30% reduced damage taken for 20 sec.

I don't have to know anything about Ret to look at the buffs they're putting out and look at the logs and see why they are putting those buffs out. They are buffing the 3 most under performing specs, period, end of story. And yes, specs performing worse than Ret deserve to be buffed more than Ret. Also, and this applies to any tuning pass, just because they started with those 3 specs doesn't mean Ret won't see any buffs. But that's exactly like how all you Ret players are behaving.

You also fail to grasp what moving into Tomb gear will really do to shake up those rankings. Ret T20 may not be that great, but it's also not great for a lot of other specs too. So some specs that are doing well now, while still in their T19 gear, won't be doing so well as they move into T20 gear. Also, as a class that files multiple roles, it is perfectly acceptable, and darn right appropriate, for your DPS spec to be near the bottom of the pack. There is no reason for Ret to be one of the top DPS specs, ever, yet it's held that position plenty of times over the years.
    Hybrid tax hasnt been a thing for years, stop pretending it still is. Go back to your hunter forums you clearly have no idea what your talking about.

Also, as a class that files multiple roles, it is perfectly acceptable, and darn right appropriate, for your DPS spec to be near the bottom of the pack. There is no reason for Ret to be one of the top DPS specs, ever, yet it's held that position plenty of times over the years.
    LOL at your hybrid tax, it's so 2004 you make me want to play my PS2 again.

Also applying your hybrid tax pov, I think all tanks must be bad, because there's no pure tank classes so they can fill different roles. Same logic to heals, we can't have good healing classes in game, because you know, all healers are also hybrids so they must be bad too!!!

You can go now to your hunter forums with pride: your hybrid taxing resolved WoW balance problems.

Usually i love parsing orange... Even if its on Normal. But being halfway down the dps meter or mlre likely close to the tanks, makes me feel so carried.

On Maiden... 835k = 97 percentile, afflock qith 970k... At 90 percentile...

I mean, cmon...

Madness will consume you!!!

There is no reason for Ret to be one of the top DPS specs, ever, yet it's held that position plenty of times over the years.
    It did?

Coukd you please be more specific on actually when that happened and what do you mean with "no reason to be one of the top dps" ?
    There must be a reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Without the Retribution passive, we're bottom. We should be way higher on the chart with that much Retribution uptime. We're not.
    Retribution passive shouldn't even be in the consideration as to whether our class gets buffed or nerfed, if people are dying they're fucking up.

I'll hold out on the "sky is falling" reaction until most people get their T20 4pc. Remember the start of Legion? We got buffed after, but of course keep the QQ ongoing, its pretty much how class survive the nerf hammer over the years.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Retribution passive shouldn't even be in the consideration as to whether our class gets buffed or nerfed, if people are dying they're fucking up.

I'll hold out on the "sky is falling" reaction until most people get their T20 4pc. Remember the start of Legion? We got buffed after, but of course keep the QQ ongoing, its pretty much how class survive the nerf hammer over the years.
    ... only for ret to be nerfed again because they didn't want a ret paladin to be anywhere near the top.

The QQ is justified. Ret's been treated like shit for a long time, the spec is poorly designed and the devs who are in charge of it have little to no clue.