Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So are you going to just keep posting the same thread after yours have been locked for being flamebating shitposts?

I'll guess I'll just copy mine too:

No...it's a mistake. Upon which a retraction was then made, and the people responsible resigned (probably pressured to).

I love how everything that validates retarded Trump and his ilk's ideology gets called fake news. Or it acts like its new.

Retractions have happened for decades.

Trump and Trumpettes can't even stick to their own bullshit definitions of their propaganda. In the words of the Orange Glorious Leader:

SAD

I just love how these sycophants will never call out Pizzagate or just Alex Jones and Breitbart in general, which constantly posts blatantly false things.
    The funny thing is, most people I know that call out CNN for being pieces of shit also call out the ones you claim they don't.

I hate hypocritical/fake news wherever it comes from, be it CNN, Breitbart, Fox news, Huffpost, etc.

Though I just LOVE how people seem to love to go "BUT BUT BREITBART!!!" anytime someone points out CNN has done shady shit.

It's like, Cool, so you say Breitbart is a shithole but are running it as a comparison to your News, meaning you are literally saying "Breitbart is full of fake news and misinformation aswell!" meaning you are accepting your news is just as biased and fucking retarded.

protip: I eyeroll as much Breitbart/Fox News shit as I do CNN and who in the fuck with a reasonable mind would even take Alex Jones seriously, I'm still convinced he's just a satirical character made to Troll both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You mean like Fox News? CONSTANTLY? And they don't post very many retractions, even if they are shown that they are wrong.
    Fox news is as retarded and corrupt as Rupert Murdoch, the Man that owns them. But passing off one Companies horrid actions because "BUT BUT THEY DO IT TOO" is just idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post

They need to site their sources before they post news!
    Ofcourse they don't. Look up why not.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Similar cases of what?

The fuck are you even talking about? lol.

Please inform me of the conspiracy at work here regarding a news organization retracting a story with false information in it. Is this some more 8D Chess going on?
    Why are you so angry about this? Seriously. The thread is legit so is the information in it. It makes you look bad if you can't take a little criticism without losing your damn mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Why are you so angry about this? Seriously. The thread is legit so is the information in it. It makes you look bad if you can't take a little criticism without losing your damn mind.
    Naw, it's not.

Naw, it's not.
    What isn't legit in the thread? please tell us

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Theyve been posting nonsense and offering retractions a day later for months.

CNN should NOT be applauded for this. They should be researching their stories and fact checking them, none of this "anonymous sources" bullshit, before they print.

Post bullshit, watch it spread like wildfire, post retraction, noone cares. Damage is done and the lie is out there.

You would have to be extremely naive to think these 3 resigned of their own volition. CNN needed to show some heads rolled for it and next week theyll be back to screaming RUSSIA with no facts for ratings.

In contrary to what trumpeters say, this shows CNN is NOT a fake news outlet.
    This is how a responsible people react to a mistake, meanwhile Trump himself tweeted pure bullcrap multiple times and no one has resigned yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    There is a difference between mistakes and flat out misinformation.
    Not reading up on the story since that's totally irrelevant to this discussion but flat out misinformation is found on pro-trump sites who publish dogshit and never bother to adjust the article. If the editors of CNN retracted a story then that byitself is how news should work unless ofc they retraced the story out of pressure.

CNN retracted...that's what a responsible news-agency does or they update their article if new information comes up after publishing

on the other hand I can still find horseshit articles about obamaphones on the website of fox

http://insider.foxnews.com/tag/obama-phones

CNN is kinda shit, but I'm glad they actually did something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Theyve been posting nonsense and offering retractions a day later for months.

CNN should NOT be applauded for this. They should be researching their stories and fact checking them, none of this "anonymous sources" bullshit, before they print.

Post bullshit, watch it spread like wildfire, post retraction, noone cares. Damage is done and the lie is out there.

You would have to be extremely naive to think these 3 resigned of their own volition. CNN needed to show some heads rolled for it and next week theyll be back to screaming RUSSIA with no facts for ratings.
    How many stories did they retract? Please provide any evidence for this claim
    Anonymous sources are research and part of fact checking if done proper, you wouldn't have many leaks if people had to give their names after-all.

I see many claims in that few words you just wrote but nothing to support any claims

Good, time for all that obvious media bullshit to stop and some people to get fired.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Not reading up on the story since that's totally irrelevant to this discussion but flat out misinformation is found on pro-trump sites who publish dogshit and never bother to adjust the article. If the editors of CNN retracted a story then that byitself is how news should work unless ofc they retraced the story out of pressure.

CNN retracted...that's what a responsible news-agency does or they update their article if new information comes up after publishing

on the other hand I can still find horseshit articles about obamaphones on the website of fox

http://insider.foxnews.com/tag/obama-phones
    Retracting 1 story out of 100s of over-exaggerated biases many fabricated pieces does not mean they are responsible. It just means they weren't stupid enough to leave something so amateurish and easily debunked on their page.

Once again, just go "BUT DA PRO TRUMP SITES DOES IT!" is not a reasonable defence or worthwhile deflection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    CNN is kinda shit, but I'm glad they actually did something good.
    I'd say doing something stupid and correcting it doesn't make it good, it moreso comes out as a net neutral.

Retracting 1 story out of 100s of over-exaggerated biases many fabricated pieces does not mean they are responsible. It just means they weren't stupid enough to leave something so amateurish and easily debunked on their page.

Once again, just go "BUT DA PRO TRUMP SITES DOES IT!" is not a reasonable defence or worthwhile deflection.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say doing something stupid and correcting it doesn't make it good, it moreso comes out as a net neutral.
    Ignoring the first part of you're rant since it's allot of claims but no substance the comparison to fox is to show the difference between a responsible news agency that knows how to retract or adjust a story vs a irresponsible one that doesn't bother to adjust horseshit stories.

Deflecting would be just to say ''LOOKK AT FOXX'' but I neither have time or the patience the difference between beyond what I just wrote.

I think its hilariously delusional to think that CNN (or any large newstation, fox, nbc, msnbc, ect) is being "destroyed by memes."

Its a level of delusion so ridiculous that you can't possibly think people actually believe it. Like seeing a picture of the "skeptic" community at Vidcon at a Dennys and then looking at the caption saying, "We're changing the world" and laugh your ass off.

It'd be really fascinating to see a case study of the insular bubble nature of 4chan and other internet cesspits and how they think they're changing the world with shitposting and memes.
    Once again, you are conflating the two things, its the same as saying 'It's absurd that a *BOOK* could change anything in the world, its just a bunch of pieces of paper that are bound together!' What is changing things are these ideas that are rapidly spreading due to the free flow of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Is this the neoliberalism you are talking about or a different one?
    I am talking about the neoliberalism that combines crony capitalism with the abuse of government power. It is much like how communism is radically different when put into practice vs how it is defined in a textbook.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be really fascinating to see a case study of the insular bubble nature of 4chan and other internet cesspits and how they think they're changing the world with shitposting and memes.
    I think it'd be really fascinating to see your reaction to what you've just said after you read a book about memes, iirc it's by Dawkins, science and stuff, basically it's where the term originates. There would be no memes without that book. Which is evidence enough against your delusions. Memes do change the world.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I think it'd be really fascinating to see your reaction to what you've just said after you read a book about memes, iirc it's by Dawkins, science and stuff, basically it's where the term originates. There would be no memes without that book. Which is evidence enough against your delusions. Memes do change the world.
    Surely you realize both can be true, right? Furthermore its pretty laughable to compare the shitposting 7th graders of 4chan with Dawkins. With "science and stuff."

lololol.

Clearly Dawkins' work is equivalent to opportunistic retards like Sargon of Akkad whining about Anita Sarkeesian on youtube. Got me there.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-27 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely you realize both can be true, right? Furthermore its pretty laughable to compare the retarded shitposting 7th graders of 4chan with Dawkins. With "science and stuff."

lololol.
    I wasn't comparing them, duh.... I was talking about memes. Read the fucking book, mate.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I wasn't comparing them, duh.... I was talking about memes. Read the fucking book, mate.
    Oh ok so you're just randomly bringing up offtopic shit. Got it. I don't really care about the origins of the word meme.

Is entirely irrelevant to the actual point, where the world isn't actually being changed with shitposting and memes. Its a bubble those shitposters have built around themselves (Ironically while they yell about everybody else being in them), only for most people to tell them to fuck off in every other aspect of life. Funny how they're now driving away former members of the group by becoming so biased and agenda-driven, much like groups like Atheism+ did.

but im sure pepe will solve all.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-27 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok so you're just randomly bringing up offtopic shit. Got it. I don't really care about the origins of the word meme.

Is entirely irrelevant to the actual point, where the world isn't actually being changed with shitposting and memes.
    And here you are talking about memes and having a hard stance about them not changing the world. Looks like they've changed you. And if they can change you, they can change everybody else, and that's like THE WORLD, man.

Go on, use memes to deflect, kek approves.

But seriously, read the book, so you would know what memes actually are, how they work and WHY they work.

I expected them to not even bother removing anything that would be anti-Trump and I was pleasantly surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.