Poll: Which state?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Ukraine, they already have free travel with the EU.
    Ukraine is in Eastern Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Shithole
    Shithole
    Shithole
    and more Shithole

I doubt you'd want more shitholes in the union.
    Butt-hurt that Turkey is no longer welcome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Ukraine, they already have free travel with the EU.
    This topic is about the possibility of non-European countries joining the EU. Ukraine is part of Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    How about all the saudi and qatar funded mosques popping up over Europe spewing hate against the liberal west and the jews?
    Or weak politicians bending knee to (the)one religion while ignoring the rest?
    That's not even close to being the same thing as Europe being overtaken and turned into a Islamic theocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    This topic is about the possibility of non-European countries joining the EU. Ukraine is part of Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not even close to being the same thing as Europe being overtaken and turned into a Islamic theocracy.
    To quote the anti-Trump extremists "BUT OMFG THATS HOW IT STARTS EVERYONE NEEDS TO FUCKING PANIC RIGHT NOW #RESIST"

I personally dont think the EU will survive long enough to worry about expanding beyond Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Azerbaijan out of those as well as Georgia may have the best shot.
    That would cause some serious tensions with Russia, tho. Actually, I don't think any countries who are heavily influenced by Russian culture would be a good fit.

Cultures are just too different. It would never work. There's enough difficulties as it is with Czeck Republic and Poland for example. I don't think the EU can take any more of this.

Ofc we don't know what's gonna happen several decades, but history moves slowly when it comes to some stuff.

Deleted
    In a few decades there is no such thing as a EU.

Maybe a Franco-Prussian empire, but no EU.

Australia, they let us into Eurovision, surely we can get into the EU.

None of those countries have a chance at joining the EU. Reason? They're not in Europe. Not sure why anyone would think the EU has an interest in any country outside of Europe. The only reason Turkey was even considered is because of that little speck of soil they hold on the European side of the Bosporus.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    None of those countries have a chance at joining the EU. Reason? They're not in Europe. Not sure why anyone would think the EU has an interest in any country outside of Europe. The only reason Turkey was even considered is because of that little speck of soil they hold on the European side of the Bosporus.
    Don't be dump. It's not because of little Thracian soil. Turkey is the buffer between what lies in the East and Europe. Has a strong army, a big market and had an objective of going up to European standards in certain matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What counts as shithole for you?
    A country with a shit tone of problem in different matters. Good enough for you?

Deleted
    Don't be dump. It's not because of little Thracian soil. Turkey is the buffer between what lies in the East and Europe. Has a strong army, a big market and had an objective of going up to European standards in certain matters.
    No, its because the United states wants them in the EU, that's the only reason.

The "little Thracian soil" is the only thing that got you a foot in the door. That strong army doesn't gain you any respect, so no idea why you mention it. Russia's armed forces are arguably more respectable than the Turkish one, yet they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of joining the EU. The Turkish market can deal with the EU with or without being in the EU. But economically speaking, Turkey doesn't have much to offer. Certainly not as much as the US or China, which are the big players the EU is trying to match up with.

And losing sight of the European standards is what probably will close the door to the EU for the foreseeable time. Unless someone smartens up and turns the ship around. But I don't see that happening. Too many emotions, not enough thinking. Which really is just how one gets to know the average Turk. All emotional rage and no reasoning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No, its because the United states wants them in the EU, that's the only reason.
    First time I ever heard of it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    First time I ever heard of it.
    It's been a foreign policy goal of the US to have Turkey join for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    It's been a foreign policy goal of the US to have Turkey join for decades.
    Good thing that the US doesn't do EU policy for us then. Because Turkey has no place in Europe. Not the way they're acting now.

Deleted
    Good thing that the US doesn't do EU policy for us then. Because Turkey has no place in Europe. Not the way they're acting now.
    Wonder who was a huge proponent for expansion into eastern Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Europeans in general seem far too anti-Israel to ever let Israel into the EU. Also not too sure Israelis would even WANT to join the EU.

Armenia is pretty deeply entrenched in Russia's sphere of influence.

Georgia might do it, I could see that, especially to troll Russia.
    Only to find themselves steamrolled again the moment they air the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Shithole
    Shithole
    Shithole
    and more Shithole

I doubt you'd want more shitholes in the union.
    I agree there. And that opinion includes long-standing candidates that may have looked promising once. Sorry.

Australia.

Eurovision was just the beginning.

I hope they will take all of them , so the European Union will be more unstable.

Deleted
    None of those, I hope.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    I hope they will take all of them , so the European Union will be more unstable.
    What would you gain by an unstable EU?