Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Megathread] Jim Sterling [Inquisition] Videos

This thread is for people to post any and all the Jim Inquisition videos that they want. Please keep any and all posts about his videos to this thread only. Any other threads opened will be closed.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-06-29 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Adjusted Title. Thanks DarkAmbient

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This gave me quite the chuckle, but honestly being able to discuss these videos on these forums is interesting so I can't blame Jt too much.

Finally, it is here, JT's personal lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    This gave me quite the chuckle, but honestly being able to discuss these videos on these forums is interesting so I can't blame Jt too much.
    //JT never added anything to discuss tho.

10+ Year Old Account

TLDW:
    In short. Sony is being odd with how it wants to handle cross play. Even Nintendo is being open to cross platform play. Sony may be doing this because you need an Xbox Live account to play Minecraft even on the Switch (and thus the PS4). Cross play across platforms is a general good idea anyway. All Rocket league's devs say they need is Sony to agree to do it. Sony has not really given decent reasons behind their stance against it. The only one they have given is that they need to protect the children, but... Nintendo is allowing Cross play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Finally, it is here, JT's personal lair.

//JT never added anything to discuss tho.
    I mean, the video was the point of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean, the video was the point of discussion.
    I call that subscribing to Jim on Youtube. No reason for anyone to just be posting all of his videos here. That said, I think Jim does good work.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

TLDW:
    In short. Sony is being odd with how it wants to handle cross play. Even Nintendo is being open to cross platform play. Sony may be doing this because you need an Xbox Live account to play Minecraft even on the Switch (and thus the PS4). Cross play across platforms is a general good idea anyway. All Rocket league's devs say they need is Sony to agree to do it. Sony has not really given decent reasons behind their stance against it. The only one they have given is that they need to protect the children, but... Nintendo is allowing Cross play
    And the microsoft trying to control what goes on in their servers is why Sony says no to Rocket League. All microsot need to do is stop being controlling and Sony will say yes. Sony has said this before, the ball is in their court. Jim Sterling took a simplistic approach not getting into the nitty gritty of it trying to lump it all on Sony when Sony has stated they are open for it, just Microsoft needs to play ball and stop being so controlling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I call that subscribing to Jim on Youtube. No reason for anyone to just be posting all of his videos here. That said, I think Jim does good work.
    Yes, but where are you going to discuss it? You could discuss it on his video's comments section, but some people prefer to have their discussion on video games here and even if I don't agree with Jim, his videos are generally pretty thought provoking.

Obviously having a thread for every single video was obnoxious, but now we have a megathread to discuss it, which I think is justified.

That Jim guy annoys the heck out of me. He's so smug and also smug. He's usually right though. That annoys me even more.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

TLDW:
    Sony is outselling Xbox 3:1 in Europe and 2:1 in NA. Sony likely sees Cross-Platform as unnecessary due to not needing to boost their Multiplayer crowds like their competitors and cares little for the gimmick if it would require their uses to log in with other companies accounts.

They already have cross-platform with PC, why lower yourself to mixing with Xbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Sony is outselling Xbox 3:1 in Europe and 2:1 in NA. Sony likely sees Cross-Platform as unnecessary due to not needing to boost their Multiplayer crowds like their competitors and cares little for the gimmick if it would require their uses to log in with other companies accounts.

They already have cross-platform with PC, why lower yourself to mixing with Xbox.
    To improve gaming experiences for all. Imagine the fun it can be to take on the opposite console team! Much more fun than twitter epeen

To improve gaming experiences for all. Imagine the fun it can be to take on the opposite console team! Much more fun than twitter epeen
    Sure as long as microsoft uses the rules everyone has been prior to now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The fact that you have to have a MS account and must log into it on another console, raises my uncertainty of how much control Microsoft wants over the ecosystem. That's always been a key factor for them. They wanted FFXI and FFXIV in an enclosed "Microsoft controlled" ecosystem. They refused to allow crossplay. With FFXIV, it's been stalled during discussions with Microsoft, leading me to think their mentality hasn't changed as much as it seems.

We won't know for a while, but something about it just makes me skeptical their plans & intentions are as sunshine and rainbows as Microsoft wants us to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That Jim guy annoys the heck out of me. He's so smug and also smug. He's usually right though. That annoys me even more.
    He's confident and it shows in his demeanor, and that usually draws people in. Whether you agree or not with what's being said, you usually listen to people that exude confidence and it gets a conversation or discussion going.

I like Jim, personally, but completely understand why he could be irritating to some.

They've already said though to Microsoft they are willing to talk with them. But Microsoft needs to let go of their desire for outright control of how games run in their platform when crossplay is involved. This is why Sony has been ok with PC and Nintendo since all the way back in 2002 with FFXI.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    He's confident and it shows in his demeanor, and that usually draws people in. Whether you agree or not with what's being said, you usually listen to people that exude confidence and it gets a conversation or discussion going.

I like Jim, personally, but completely understand why he could be irritating to some.
    He sounds like an asshole tbh. If some guy talked like that irl to you, you'd punch him in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    He sounds like an asshole tbh. If some guy talked like that irl to you, you'd punch him in the face.
    Yeah...but he's not talking to me like that IRL, he's on a youtube video talking about video games dressed like a mobster from the 1920s. It's part of the act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The fact that you have to have a MS account and must log into it on another console, raises my uncertainty of how much control Microsoft wants over the ecosystem. That's always been a key factor for them. They wanted FFXI and FFXIV in an enclosed "Microsoft controlled" ecosystem. They refused to allow crossplay. With FFXIV, it's been stalled during discussions with Microsoft, leading me to think their mentality hasn't changed as much as it seems.

We won't know for a while, but something about it just makes me skeptical their plans & intentions are as sunshine and rainbows as Microsoft wants us to believe.
    Except why is this not Sony's argument? Instead they did the "think of the children" argument. Meanwhile Nintendo is lulzing

10+ Year Old Account
    Except why is this not Sony's argument? Instead they did the "think of the children" argument. Meanwhile Nintendo is lulzing
    Never, ever, ever, discuss business publicly when you're one of the business involved. Things get ugly real fast.