Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Google did not prevent them from sending out there own, they just appear lower on the search results. How is that preventing it. If it is on the internet google finds it.
    So now you're changing your argument from "Google is not a monopoly" to "Google did not prevent them from sending their own".

The vast majority of searches do not go past the first few links. Google, by unfairly prioritizing their own products over others was knowingly giving them a massive advantage over their competition. This is called being anti-competitive and is fact, illegal in a good chunk of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Comply or don't do business in EU countries. How is that not blackmail?

"We accomplish this mission by behaving like... a cartel."

The EU is controlled by Germany who was a fascist state at the beginning through the mid 20th century and controlled Europe by military force. Fast forward to today, they are still that same fascist state which now controls Europe economically through the EU.
    So according to you the entire justice system is blackmail.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-06-27 at 05:13 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Why are Americans always taking these kind of things personally?
    I know its super weird because they will not see one dime of that so called "profit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Hence blackmail... the EU just wasn't getting their cut.
    The basic concept of following the laws and regulations on any given market is not blackmail.
    Its common business practice in the western world.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    The recent "incidents" says otherwise.

Solidarity? Where was EU solidarity when we took massive amount of immigrants from Chechnya and Ukraine? Also most of the ppl in Poland don't want immigrants here, so the current goverment realizes the will of the ppl...are You a democrat? So there You have it, democracy.
    Nobody wants to take immigrants or refugees that's a normal human response dating back to when the Roman empire was still present.

Might want to look into how much funds and support you have been receiving since you joined the EU, might also want to factor in that right of free travel for workers and how much that is earning your nation.

Speaking of democratic values while Poland politics goes after journalists, cute

Anyway believe what you want about the EU, the matter of fact is in this topic specifically the EU has been actively working with Google to prevent this ultimate step, Google rejected adjustments over a long period of time if you do not respect laws that's your choice i however enjoy the highest consumer protection the EU has installed for it's subjects over the entire globe and will continue to find these to be a good thing for us, the consumer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Ok. Google and all its products should pull out of the EU.

Have fun with Bing.
    They would lose more money that way. It's better to just pay the fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single law in existence anywhere is literally "comply with this or face the consequences".

Our entire justice system is blackmail! Such amazing logic! /s

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The basic concept of following the laws and regulations on any given market is not blackmail.
    Its common business practice in the western world.
    Didn't you know? Laws are blackmail. Murder laws are blackmail too. If you want to participate in society, you can't kill people. Obviously blackmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    So according to you all the entire just system is black mail.
    Isn't it obvious? The police blackmails you to prevent you from killing people on the streets. The government blackmails its people with taxes. Air companies blackmail their customers with seat belts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you know? Laws are blackmail. Murder laws are blackmail too. If you want to participate in society, you can't kill people. Obviously blackmail.
    I'm not an American teenager on a forum so no I did not know
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    1. They got an army of lawyers to bury everyone in paper
    2. They will earn that back easily

Crime pays off as long as the benefits outweigh the fines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Google had a fair amount of time to comply but they disagreed and refused.
    Lets see if they appeal.

Just waiting for the American comments 'If you dont like how Google do business dont use it'
    If you don't like how Google do business don't use it

i mean really.....its simple

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Isn't it obvious? The police blackmails you to prevent you from killing people on the streets. The government blackmails its people with taxes. Air companies blackmail their customers with seat belts.
    Can I sue the government for blackmail? Would that be considered blackmail as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

If you don't like the laws of a particular region then don't do business in it.

I mean really.....its simple

It's not the consumers job to sniff out anti-competitive behaviour. The consumer, in most cases, has no way of knowing. This is why there was a 2 year investigation leading up to this fine by an organization who's purpose to look out for the consumer and prevent anti-competitive practices.

Follow the law or face the consequences. But I suppose all laws are blackmail, from a certain perspective.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Can I sue the government for blackmail? Would that be considered blackmail as well?
    Yes it would. Prohibiting blackmailing is blackmailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    You pointed nothing.

As for the second statement. I think the current goveremnt took a better way to deal with EU and perssure from the EU than the previous ones who were just pets of Merkel. Ofc i am not a fan of the current goverment, since it introduces a lot social oriented legislations (such as 500+, 500zl for every child in the family, which in general is 700- because to give someone 500 You have to take 700 because the officials who take and give money cost too), that i am not fan off, but from the 2 major political parties here i prefer them over those puppets. And like it or not, Poland is going to be a strong part of the eastern Europe and i hope V4 will keep together not bowing to the Merkel and Macron and other EU officials that want to subdue all the countries to their will. I am also not that afraid of the future in my country, well maybe i earn a little less than ppl in UK or any other western country, but at least i can safely eat my launch in restaruant not beeing thrown at with molotov koktail. Anyways i think we've driven far from the main topic of the thread so i guess we should be back on track.
    Ah, I see we have an enlightened JKM supporter here. The same brilliant math of 500+ actually costing 700 PLN per child, because when you have few thousand workers in administration (mostly already existing ones that were reorganized for this program) for millions of children that make only few k a month you totally end up with 200 PLN per child and not cents per child. The amazing idea that PO was pets to EU instead of partners and that the current government turning Poland into a pariah is a better way. The victimhood mentality that Merkel and Macron are out to get poor innocent Poland when in the real world they want it to fulfill its obligations. Your kind never ceases to fascinate me. And please, PiS' diplomacy is just a shit show and we're losing influence even in V4 because of it. Strong part of anything my ass.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-27 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

True banana logic right there. Holy crap, think it through then post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Nobody wants to take immigrants or refugees that's a normal human response dating back to when the Roman empire was still present.

Might want to look into how much funds and support you have been receiving since you joined the EU, might also want to factor in that right of free travel for workers and how much that is earning your nation.

Speaking of democratic values while Poland politics goes after journalists, cute

Anyway believe what you want about the EU, the matter of fact is in this topic specifically the EU has been actively working with Google to prevent this ultimate step, Google rejected adjustments over a long period of time if you do not respect laws that's your choice i however enjoy the highest consumer protection the EU has installed for it's subjects over the entire globe and will continue to find these to be a good thing for us, the consumer.
    I am not a democrat so i dont give a damn about democratic values in Poland. No doubt that Polish ppl benfited from open work borders, i don't deny that, i also don't deny that we get more money from the EU than we give back, but as in the book of Bastiat which i mentioned here multiple times, what is seen and what is not seen, in the bigger picture we only suffer from it, because we have to accept whetever the hell EU wants from us and not everything is good so in the long run we loose more than we gain. And when some countries stood up to the idiotic politics of the EU we are threatened, and i hope V4 wont stand back now.

Sooner or later this "consumer" friendly laws ill bite You in the ass, mark my words .

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Ah, I see we have an enlightened JKM supporter here. The same brilliant math of 500+ actually costing 700 PLN per child, because when you have few thousand workers in administration (mostly already existing ones that were reorganized for this program) for millions of children that make only few k a month you totally end up with 200 PLN per child and not cents per child. The amazing idea that PO was pets to EU instead of partners and that the current government turning Poland into a pariah is a better way. The victimhood mentality that Merkel and Macron are out to get poor innocent Poland when in the real world they want it to fulfill its obligations. Your kind never ceases to fascinate me. And please, PiS' diplomacy is just a shit show we're losing influence even in V4. Strong part of anything my ass.
    Oh i see another KODziarz, i assume descendant of the communists.

10+ Year Old Account

So according to you all the entire just system is black mail.
    Let me just highlight a few things for you:
    http://www.euintheus.org/who-we-are/...uropean-union/

The EU is unlike anything else—it isn’t a government, an association of states, or an international organization. Rather, the 28 Member States have relinquished part of their sovereignty to EU institutions, with many decisions made at the European level.
    The European Union has delivered more than 60 years of peace, stability, and prosperity in Europe, helped raise our citizens’ living standards, launched a single European currency (the euro), and is progressively building a single Europe-wide free market for goods, services, people, and capital.
    We are engaged in rebuilding lives and communities in areas of conflict such as Afghanistan. We support efforts to achieve peace in the Middle East, promote sound environmental practices, and contribute to global efforts to control nuclear proliferation. European judicial, law enforcement, and security officials cooperate with the US and other partners to combat terrorism and transnational crime.
    The EU and our Member States are the largest providers of official development assistance around the world, and we are involved in other areas that support development and reduce poverty, such as peacekeeping, election observing, and providing humanitarian and reconstruction aid in the wake of natural disasters and conflict.
    First, they admit they are not a government. So they have no right or business acting like one by enforcing wackadoo laws through fines... that in fact are the complete opposite of promoting "free trade".

Nice strawman though.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me just highlight a few things for you:
    http://www.euintheus.org/who-we-are/...uropean-union/

First, they admit they are not a government. So they have no right or business acting like one by enforcing wackadoo laws through fines... that in fact are the complete opposite of promoting "free trade".

Nice strawman though.
    They have every fucking right you nit wit. The EU is an intergovernmental organization that was granted the rights to create and enforce these laws by the individual governments who granted them this authority.

it's not a strawman if I just reiterate your retarded logic.

First of all, it's comply or get fined. Second, comply or face the consequences applies to all law. Is all law blackmail? Are you by any chance a sovereign citizen genius?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.