Deleted

"We are a 4-day-raiding guild. 24/7 raiding is optional."

BDG 12% on Sisters of a Moon.
    Guess it will go down tonight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldamar View Post
    BDG 12% on Sisters of a Moon.
    Guess it will go down tonight as well.
    Wouldnt bet on that, it was shakey as fk and they aint coming out of P2 anywhere consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    "We are a 4-day-raiding guild. 24/7 raiding is optional."
    95%of"casual/hardcore"guilds.txt

Quote Originally Posted by legionrace View Post
    :thinking:

Again, college students and neets. Let's not pretend a majority of them are anything else.
    Unfortunately nobody measures unemployment very well, but yes, the majority of people who spend 80+ hours for weeks at a time every new raid are NEETs, and it's not surprising that there are far more of these in areas where you can get by without employment for long periods of time.

What I'd like to see is what happens when you get sponsorships that are sufficient to actually be a justifiable career for top N guilds (not just a random shitty sponsorship for the world 1 guild). The competitions in SC2 / League / DotA are only as interesting as they are because people go hard for big piles of cash, and most seriously competitive things are the same way. Setting the world record for highest skydive? Oh look a massive sponsorship by Red Bull. Olympic competitions? Fat cash from sponsorships. Professional sports? They get paid more than actors, doctors, and the top 0.1% in most STEM fields.

It's too bad PvE competition is hard to turn into a spectator sport. If it could actually pull 100k+ viewers on multiple streams for progression races, it'd be decent advertising for companies to pour money into. But then again, the WoW "hardcore" community is such a bunch of pussies that they're never going to be into doing something like that because "muh strats." It makes me think they don't actually want competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Wouldnt bet on that, it was shakey as fk and they aint coming out of P2 anywhere consistent.
    Might be. But I think once they sort out avoiding those glaves ( Glaive storm, not that one from a cat ) they are good to go. Alos kudos to Cherry for talking with guys on chat while topping the dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Unfortunately nobody measures unemployment very well, but yes, the majority of people who spend 80+ hours for weeks at a time every new raid are NEETs, and it's not surprising that there are far more of these in areas where you can get by without employment for long periods of time.

What I'd like to see is what happens when you get sponsorships that are sufficient to actually be a justifiable career for top N guilds (not just a random shitty sponsorship for the world 1 guild). The competitions in SC2 / League / DotA are only as interesting as they are because people go hard for big piles of cash, and most seriously competitive things are the same way. Setting the world record for highest skydive? Oh look a massive sponsorship by Red Bull. Olympic competitions? Fat cash from sponsorships. Professional sports? They get paid more than actors, doctors, and the top 0.1% in most STEM fields.

It's too bad PvE competition is hard to turn into a spectator sport. If it could actually pull 100k+ viewers on multiple streams for progression races, it'd be decent advertising for companies to pour money into. But then again, the WoW "hardcore" community is such a bunch of pussies that they're never going to be into doing something like that because "muh strats." It makes me think they don't actually want competition.
    nobody wants to watch the 200 wipes it took to get to the kill. It's impossible to turn this into anything like pvp or sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    But then again, the WoW "hardcore" community is such a bunch of pussies that they're never going to be into doing something like that because "muh strats." It makes me think they don't actually want competition.
    Lmao this is so stupid. Strategy is 80% of killing a new boss. That's where the skill is. It's quite clear when you look at some top 20 guilds that progress after videos come out, how reduced the wipe count is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I would watch that
    and? people like watching paint dry, the vast majority wouldn't watch it like they watch pvp and sports.

LOL money in a game about killing computerized dragons.

Streaming has 0 value to an entire raid team. 1 person streams and that money gets split 25ish ways? They'd rather just sell mounts and pilots for $1500+ and guarantee world 1st versus streaming and giving any other guild even the slighest bit of help on their end.

LOL money in a game about killing computerized dragons.

Streaming has 0 value to an entire raid team. 1 person streams and that money gets split 25ish ways? They'd rather just sell mounts and pilots for $1500+ and guarantee world 1st versus streaming and giving any other guild even the slighest bit of help on their end.
    Or if blizzard could pony up 20 thousand usd each tier as a prize for the winner. Participation would increase and more people would no life for the first 2 weeks. Can fund a prize pool through pet sale. The dev team though just doesn't care. They rather spend time making bizarre changes to the game that make zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    and? people like watching paint dry, the vast majority wouldn't watch it like they watch pvp and sports.
    and people like watching baseball which is more boring than paint drying, but i don't deny it is popular

Where is Prime in all of this? Are they rising yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Or if blizzard could pony up 20 thousand usd each tier as a prize for the winner. Participation would increase and more people would no life for the first 2 weeks.
    What does blizzard gain? Nobody would publically stream progression at that level so casual interest won't go up and I doubt any guild would go to the extent of method/exorsus. Maybe 1 Korean guild and some US guild? But that's not worth losing 40k a year. Also, that's 20k split among 25 people for first? That's $800 per person. basically minimum wage for 2 weeks despite "working" 3 times as much. Not even considering 2nd, 3rd, 4-8th prizes.

They don't do anything deserving of money.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Lmao this is so stupid. Strategy is 80% of killing a new boss. That's where the skill is. It's quite clear when you look at some top 20 guilds that progress after videos come out, how reduced the wipe count is.
    Strategy is maybe 10% of killing a new boss, and mostly only if you're undergeared and trying to compensate for a lack of throughput, which isn't really an issue when you're going into the raid at 930 (which is what it drops). Execution is the vast vast majority of it.

If you think everyone kills a boss the same way because they watched Method's video and that nobody could kill it without watching that video, you've never done any content without a guide in your life apparently. It's not hard to read mechanics or do the 5 pulls it takes to figure most of the shit out. Most guilds don't go do exploratory pulls in heroic to test out little things, but go watch the last 40 WF kill videos and notice how many times that's the deciding factor (hint: it's 0, literally 0).

Surprisingly, nobody did Cenarius or Il'gynoth like Method did and yet despite doing both the "hard way" they still wouldn't have been WF cheesing both fights like Exorsus did.

Inb4 you ignore actual data and evidence that strategy is completely irrelevant and appeal to authority. Inb4 some third string player from Method's bench comes in and says their strats are so important that someone who knows them would automatically get world 5th ignoring the 60+ hours per week that guild put in to get the rank, or the fact that they were in that position all the way up to the last boss, meaning clearly the only thing that mattered was le strats, especially when there's literally nothing on the fight you can do in a clever way that would give an advantage (aside from use an addon).

Are there only three guilds left in the whole US region that do progression when the servers come up or whats going on there?

Plastkin what guild are you in?

Easy/Limit day raid as soon as servers are up. Easy did Mythic, Limit did splits. A few casual Mythic guilds also day raid "just cause" and start as late as 2-4pm EST. A guild on my server that's us 40 world 130 have been in ToS for 2 hours now.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    and people like watching baseball which is more boring than paint drying, but i don't deny it is popular
    that's a shitty comparison and you know it. You lost the argument. Just because a few people would watch a guild wipe 200 times doesn't mean there is enough people wanting to watch to make it a thing. There are people are blizzard way smarter then you or I and if this was a thing they could make money off of they would have done it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Are there only three guilds left in the whole US region that do progression when the servers come up or whats going on there?
    we're all at work making bank while you're still poor. It's why the us has all the rich people and all the poors live in EU/Asia.

What does blizzard gain? Nobody would publically stream progression at that level so casual interest won't go up and I doubt any guild would go to the extent of method/exorsus. Maybe 1 Korean guild and some US guild? But that's not worth losing 40k a year. Also, that's 20k split among 25 people for first? That's $800 per person. basically minimum wage for 2 weeks despite "working" 3 times as much. Not even considering 2nd, 3rd, 4-8th prizes.

They don't do anything deserving of money.
    Money from the pet sale and advertisement for the game. It's a lowball figure that is better than what you get now. What's your problem?