Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "See, i dislike Trump and even leave my family for it! Hate me, and everyone that dislikes Trump!"

I've had to cut off some people too, but thankfully that number is one I can count on one hand only.

I feel comfortable in saying this as I have plenty of Republican... REAL Republican... friends who I've had very heated argued with constantly over the Bush Admin, and yet they hate Dumbass Donnie Dump and can remain friends with them no problem.

As I've said before, Deplorable Dumbass Donnie Dump is rather like the movie "They Live" - but instead of wearing a funky pair of sunglasses, you just have to play a clip of Dummy Don-Don spouting his garbled toddler speak and suddenly you see can which people all around you are human while the others transform into racist inhuman banshees before your very eyes as Dum-Dum Donnie validates their long-brooding hatred.

On the flipside, I've grown much closer to my mother thanks to Dumbass Dump (not that we werent' close before) but man, it's fun to talk with her about the Dump. I've often said "I know somebody is horrible when my Mother constantly swears about them, and I've never heard her swear about anything until Donald Trump! I swear I've heard her use more expletives these past six months to describe that man than I had ever heard her in the past 40+ years..."
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-06-27 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    "We love Trump because he cares so much about the everyday man and woman."

Was at lunch with relatives from Alabama ( I live in PA )..... and when they said that, I literally almost choked on my food. I tried to be nice, but it turned heated. I no longer can consider them family.

I know of many families that have "lost" relatives with Trump followers..... I have never experienced this with any other president.
    I've cut out most Trumpists in my personal life, its similar to cutting out the drug addicts. White folks more broadly are in a desperate search to be numb — numb to other people’s pain, numb to their own suffering, seeking out scapegoats for their problems. Which of course is what addicts often do as well.

In a sense, Trump is the perfect candidate. Here is a guy who comes along and essentially is a walking, talking opioid. He’s somebody who comes along and says, just like heroin does, just like OxyContin does, just like all these opiates do, he says, “I can take away your pain.” Not only can I take it away, I can tell you what the source is and you just take me or in the case of an election, you vote for me and you won’t have to be in pain anymore. But just like an opiate, he doesn’t really solve the problem of these individuals.

I'd say internet trolls have a similar pathology. They're just addicted to the internet instead.

Really? You can't separate their views from them as people? That's just sad.

10+ Year Old Account

Was at lunch with relatives from Alabama ( I live in PA )..... and when they said that, I literally almost choked on my food. I tried to be nice, but it turned heated. I no longer can consider them family.

I know of many families that have "lost" relatives with Trump followers..... I have never experienced this with any other president.
    Sounds like you're a ridiculous snow flake who fails to comprehend that people are allowed to think differently. Instead of opening your mind and hearing what they had to say you shut them out. Stupid as hell to say someones not family because of their political opinions. You sound like you have a lack of friends period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I've learned with my family to just smile and nod and to not engage. Fortunately 99% of the time they are just ranting to listen to themselves talk and don't actually ask for my opinion or input. But hearing every right wing conspiracy tossed at me every time we talk sure has taken a toll on my respect for them.

And it sure has affected my relationship with them given that they've taken stances on issues that directly affect me negatively. Kind of hard to maintain a healthy relationship when your family is stabbing you in the back.
    Awww, poor little snow flake has to actually work for its healthcare? Wah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Sounds like you're a ridiculous snow flake who fails to comprehend that people are allowed to think differently. Instead of opening your mind and hearing what they had to say you shut them out. Stupid as hell to say someones not family because of their political opinions. You sound like you have a lack of friends period.
    Not that I agree with cutting people out, but what exactly does it mean to open one's mind and hear people out?

I ask this, because this is also the kind of stuff that people write when their views are challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Think op realises that he biases his views on what is popular at the time without much to back it up and in a few years time will likely swing the opposite direction?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Think op realises that he biases his views on what is popular at the time without much to back it up and in a few years time will likely swing the opposite direction?
    I'm wondering how you managed to realize that with only what he wrote here.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I'm wondering how you managed to realize that with only what he wrote here.
    By how he reacted to having his view challenged.

He didn't debate them or attempt to hear their reasons he ran away and then went to virtue signal about how he acted.

I would bet money that his political view changes to whatever is most popular at the moment. No shame in that the world needs followers.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you really need to look inward. To cut ties with family members over that "issue" is ridiculous and immature. Grow up a little.
    Horde always.

I'm sorry you can't handle alternate opinions, It's really a reflection of yourself.

Some of my closest family are well and truly "how are you not in a mental institution" levels of delusional but they're still ultimately family above that. Don't let political disagreements pull that apart.

Trump will pass through office like a kidney stone, but your family will still be there.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-06-28 at 02:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    By how he reacted to having his view challenged.

He didn't debate them or attempt to hear their reasons he ran away and then went to virtue signal about how he acted.

I would bet money that his political view changes to whatever is most popular at the moment. No shame in that the world needs followers.
    All he wrote was that whatever conversation happened, got heated. And from this you concluded that he was the one who reacted negatively and blocked out counterarguments?

The final outcome may be over-dramatic, but that doesn't preclude the possibility of his family members being the shitheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    All he wrote was that whatever conversation happened, got heated. And from this you concluded that he was the one who reacted negatively and blocked out counterarguments?

The final outcome may be over-dramatic, but that doesn't preclude the possibility of his family members being the shitheads.
    Could be the case. Still comes off to me as a person who just follows fads but who knows I will never meet him I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'd argue until the argument ended.

If someone can't understand facts and/or logic, then I'm unable to empathize with them; I respect 9 people in my family, out of the 30 or so that I've spent time with. Only one of those 9 is one of my grandparents, the rest are immediate family or aunts/uncles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I were to remove people from my life that I disagree with politically (in a broad left or right sense) I would have to disown my whole family.

Most of my immediate family are conservative Christians. While I'm a "liberal" atheist.

As for what I deal with. My grandfather just posted this.

I don't know that is really obi wan.........
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2017-06-28 at 03:32 AM.

Well troll or not, it is typical. If You are not with us, You are against us. Democracy only works if views and voting results are good with us, if its opposite, holy shiet, don't even imagine the hell hole You've oppened.

I argue a lot with friends and family about politics, but we do it in civilized manner, exchanging arguments, so we never get upset with each other, because we, wow, tolerate our views and respect each other -.- .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Awww, poor little snow flake has to actually work for its healthcare? Wah.
    1) kind of presumptuous to make judgement given the compete lack of detail I gave in my post. 2) what on Earth did my post have to do with healthcare?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You would have to be really pathetic to not be able to interact with people who have different views than you.
    Everyone has their breaking point. Even you.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

You're brainwashed, and i'm sorry for your own loss.