Deleted
    caralhoPT = casual confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by caralhoPT View Post
    Here's the problem with this statement. I never once said, nor was I implying casual status TO ANYONE, period! There's three categories that define a raider, it's not as black and white as saying: you're either casual or HC with absolutely no middle ground. It all boils down to time commitments/priorities, and a rather large skill ceiling when looking at world top 5 <.

To deny and say the competition hasn't changed is showing ignorance. In which case, your ignorance knows no bounds. The notion is simply ridiculous.

See what I did there?

/tips fedora

And if you see this, Nodis - good luck, pal. You'll need it
    You didn't mention the 3 categories and now I'm curious.

I for one put people into hardcore or casual with no middle ground. It's pretty easy too, it's the first week of mythic, are you in mythics right now (as in this week)? Yes = hardcore, no = casual.

Oh you'll be in them next week because this is the last week of doing what you need to get your PHd? Casual

Oh your wife is having the baby and you're at the hospital watching your child be born and taking the rest of the week off to raise your child and make sure everything is going good with your wife and kid? Will your kids middle name be "Casual" after her father/mother?
    Last edited by Drusin; 2017-06-28 at 12:37 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

I for one put people into hardcore or casual with no middle ground.
    Trying to pigeonhole people into 2 or even 3 categories is one of the most fascinating bits of stupidity to come out of this community. There's a huge gradient in both skill and time commitment. I mean, wowprogress exists for a reason. There's definitely an empirical argument to be made that each rank of progression is its own category of guild with its own category of raiders.

Hardcore and casual are vacuous, nondescript terms that have absolutely no value or meaning.

Deleted
    So Desolate Host is the easiest of the mid-pack

Deleted
    Big Dumb Guild coming out of nowhere lol, what the actual fuck? I used to raid with the GM during MoP, in a guild called <Astromigos>.

That just goes to show how times change. Competition is getting stale and all the heavyweight guilds have long quit.

Sad...
    Let me tell you where the competition is. You went nowhere since MoP, this former guildie of yours are on the front pages for millions of players.

If you want competition, look no further. Some got what it takes(like 0,5% of the playerbase)others don't. You didnt, so don't blame it on competition.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-28 at 12:40 PM.

PrestigeGamingWoW
    15 hours ago
    Our guild thanks Blizzard for utmost assistance in PvE progression race - shame this assistance doesn't apply to us, we're simply getting banned. We apologize to all those who was waiting for progression stream.

What's up with that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseMe2TheSky View Post
    PrestigeGamingWoW
    15 hours ago
    Our guild thanks Blizzard for utmost assistance in PvE progression race - shame this assistance doesn't apply to us, we're simply getting banned. We apologize to all those who was waiting for progression stream.

What's up with that?
    Getting salty after banwave for selling boosts for RL money

banned for selling boosts I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseMe2TheSky View Post
    PrestigeGamingWoW
    15 hours ago

What's up with that?
    blatantly selling real money carries and beeing as nonchalant about it as possible does have a high risk of getting you banned :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Getting salty after banwave for selling boosts for RL money
    Damnit, Blizzard, couldn't you have waited for the race to end before banning them, I was so looking for their progression stream.
    Noobizza must be furious too, he followed the money there from Exorsus, and now is forced to watch from a side.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Trying to pigeonhole people into 2 or even 3 categories is one of the most fascinating bits of stupidity to come out of this community. There's a huge gradient in both skill and time commitment. I mean, wowprogress exists for a reason. There's definitely an empirical argument to be made that each rank of progression is its own category of guild with its own category of raiders.

Hardcore and casual are vacuous, nondescript terms that have absolutely no value or meaning.
    You know what else is interesting, people don't realize that when they get in arguments using words like "casual" and "hardcore" it's usually because they have different definitions for those words. Like those two words can mean so many different things to different people. For example, Hardcore: you raid more than normal mode, you raid more than 6 hours a week, you look up fights and read logs, you're a world first raider, you're a world 100 raider, you're a world 1000 raider, so many different possibilities of what someone means when they say casual or hardcore. I believe there was a blue post where one of the Blizz guys shared his opinion on those terms as well. Until there is a universal definition of what the words mean you can't really argue about it. I forgot what word the people in chat were using last time but they each meant something else using the same word and once I had them clarify it the argument was over because they both meant something else and neither of them realized it lol.

Oh dude I just reread what you said and I had an idea, what if a site split the progression charts up into leagues like those games that have ... leagues lol (I don't play any I apologize for being uninformed). Like Diamond for 1-10 world, platinum for 11-50, or whatever you know.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2017-06-28 at 12:50 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

So Method four-tanked Desolate Host according to the armory? New strat, huh?

You know what else is interesting, people don't realize that when they get in arguments using words like "casual" and "hardcore" it's usually because they have different definitions for those words. Like those two words can mean so many different things to different people. For example, Hardcore: you raid more than normal mode, you raid more than 6 hours a week, you look up fights and read logs, you're a world first raider, you're a world 100 raider, you're a world 1000 raider, so many different possibilities of what someone means when they say casual or hardcore. I believe there was a blue post where one of the Blizz guys shared his opinion on those terms as well. Until there is a universal definition of what the words mean you can't really argue about it. I forgot what word the people in chat were using last time but they each meant something else using the same word and once I had them clarify it the argument was over because they both meant something else and neither of them realized it lol.
    Hence my statement that hardcore and casual are vacuous terms with no value or meaning.

Do you think Limit went to mistress after sisters?

Interesting plot twist at this tier. Method and Exorsus catches up NA guilds very first day!

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    How's everyone's opinion about raider.io? It's a new partner site of wowhead, so they are trying to replace wowprogress as the number one progress site?
    Too fancy with too much useless info - wowprogress is the best because it doesnt have all this fancy stuff but the actual info, easy to read. also partner site of wowhead means you better have your adblocker/ublock on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    my fav part of any raid release is watching these threads and seeing just how passionate people get about players that aren't them competing with guilds that they aren't in over a title that they'd never get anyways
    So, just like sports?

10+ Year Old Account

I for one put people into hardcore or casual with no middle ground. It's pretty easy too, it's the first week of mythic, are you in mythics right now (as in this week)? Yes = hardcore, no = casual.

Oh you'll be in them next week because this is the last week of doing what you need to get your PHd? Casual

Oh your wife is having the baby and you're at the hospital watching your child be born and taking the rest of the week off to raise your child and make sure everything is going good with your wife and kid? Will your kids middle name be "Casual" after her father/mother?
    And which of those categories do you fall into, exactly?

And which of those categories do you fall into, exactly?
    Casual af, I don't remember the last time I raided, weeks ago. Probably been longer since I've been in a M+. I've been spending all my time farming xmog and achievements :] I thought about, I was like, maybe I want to raid and I opened the premade finder and hovered the mouse over "Raids - Legion" then I was like naaaah and I logged and went and watched netflix lol.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2017-06-28 at 01:06 PM.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Actually, that's exactly what I thought EU guilds could do. :P
    That's what many top EU guilds actually do. They create proxies to sell boosts, do business, etc.

It's much easier to earn money on NA realms
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-06-28 at 01:12 PM.