Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    and 6 billion muslims lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    But telling people they're not allowed to birth children is inhumane.

Or something. Birth control is it though. It's a necessary evil and needs to happen, forcefully if need be. I always thought the system they seemed to have in Starship Troopers was a good idea.
    When the system in a satire sounds good, there might be better ways.

Anyway 10 billion is not a problem. The distribution of rescourses, education and wealth is. Imagine how huge the gap will be in wealth by 2050. It already multiplied in the last 30 years. When the 10 richest man owns more then a single continent, mabye, just mabye we might look into the system lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-06-28 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    There is no humane way to enforce that. Who decides who to award the ability to have families?
    Is it more humane to let everyone reproduce and create immense suffering for every human being on the planet eventually?

Seriously, short-sightedness and bleeding heart "logic" ain't my thing.

The rules would need to be set individually for each country, with requirements reflecting the social status of people in said country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    When the system in a satire sounds good, there might be better ways.
    Such as? Because so far I haven't seen all that many suggestions. What better way is there other than restricting birth rates to combat a population rising faster than our planet can handle?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-28 at 03:20 PM.

Is it more humane to let everyone reproduce and create immense suffering for every human being on the planet eventually?

The rules would need to be set individually for each country, with requirements reflecting the social status of people in said country.
    What about the killing of old people? you do realize that is also a major part of the problem right?

10+ Year Old Account
    AI will destroy the world because there's to many people, then only the strong will survive
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Euthanize the elderly? After all humans are proportionally not having more kids than before, we just keep clinging to life for a very long time.
    Another thing we need to address that no one wants to discuss.

I think I've seen *one* article in the last few years talking about making it more permissible for enfermed elderly people to choose hospice care over expensive treatment to extend life just for extending it's sake.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What about the killing of old people? you do realize that is also a major part of the problem right?
    I'd much rather see restrictions put on creating new humans that haven't been born over killing people that are already alive.

The rules would need to be set individually for each country, with requirements reflecting the social status of people in said country..
    To be honest if we are going that far, lay off the laws against future generation. As China showed us it only makes things worse. The problems are at the top. Id kill anyone over 75, myself included, before i reduce the number of birth. Looks like a much better solution to me, anybody over 75 will never have years that are as productive for us. Most kids will.

How are we gona pay for all those elderly if we have even less in the new generations? The mass needs to be reduced at the end, not at the begening when new people are created to be youthful and productive.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-06-28 at 03:25 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Right now there are about 7.6 billion people on this blue globe and in 2050 it is projected there will be around 10 billion!

Interesting parts:

- Biggest growth will be in Africa
    - Africa will go from a population of 1.25 billion now to 2.52 billion in 2050 (!)
    - European population will shrink overall
    - Largest decrease in population will take place in Eastern-European countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Serbia and the Ukraine.) with -15%.

https://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/Publicat...eyFindings.pdf

It is expected that the population boom in Africa, in combination with the rising temperatures in the continent, will further drive mass immigration to the European continent.
    You're forgetting to factor in the massive loss of population from WW3, which has a high chance of happening by 2050 considering the way the world stage is deteriorating.

I'd much rather see restrictions put on creating new humans that haven't been born over killing people that are already alive.
    Why not? because without dealing with them it will cause economic collapse, you were talking about short sight and bleeding hearts well old people are as much of a problem as people being born if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Dark times lie ahead. How is the earth going to survive this many humans :O?
    The earth will survive but our quality of life will go way down. Nice food will cost a lot more especially meat. There will probably be a major negative effect on the environment. Water will be more expensive. Wars could break out over water.

To be honest if we are going that far, lay off the laws against future generation. As China showed us it only makes things worse. The problems are at the top. Id kill anyone over 75, myself included, before i reduce the number of birth. Looks like a much better solution to me, anybody over 75 will never have years that are as productive for us. Most kids will.
    agreed if we are going that direction why not go all the way.

Yeah no.

But then I don't buy into the romantic notion that "children always become productive members of society!" either. Restricting birthrates >>> killing already living people regardless of their health once they reach a certain age. If nothing is done about birthrates, the "cut off" age at which we'd be putting people down would keep sinking. How humane to start offing people when they reach 45, rather than just controlling birthrates.

People I know that are 75 are quite healthy still, many of them take up charity work and stuff when they retire.

China failing at something doesn't mean it would fail if implemented by other governments in different ways.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-28 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe cut down on the meat supply for people. But no, why would we want to use all that land for other purposes.

Yeah no.

But then I don't buy into the romantic notion that "children always become productive members of society!" either. Restricting birthrates >>> killing already living people.

China failing at something doesn't mean it would fail if implemented by other governments in different ways.
    Lets look into your theory with fact. Unemployement rates in a country a developed country is like what 4%-10% for most. Now look into the people walking to their graves from 75 to death. Yeah looks like its not even a contest. Kill the old, we need young blood with opportunity. Its not romantic, its realism. Romantic is thinking we have the money to keep welfare golden age around.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Or we could simply stop having people cling to life well into their 80-90-100's. Euthanasia is also on the table. I mean if it stops future suffering?

The problem with your plan is there is no way it isn't going to inevitably be racist in one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Lets look into your theory with fact. Unemployement rates in a country a developed country is like what 4%-10% for most. Now look into the people walking to their graves from 75 to death. Yeah looks like its not even a contest. Kill the old, we need young blood with opportunity. Its not romantic, its realism. Romantic is thinking we have the money to keep welfare golden age around.
    This world doesn't just consist of developed countries though, I hope you know.

As I said above, unchecked birthrates would mean a lowering of the "killing age" as the population would keep growing at an alarming rate, but we'd run out of 75-year olds to off.

What a shining beacon of humane thinking! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Logan's Run had the best solution.

Yeah no.

But then I don't buy into the romantic notion that "children always become productive members of society!" either. Restricting birthrates >>> killing already living people regardless of their health once they reach a certain age. If nothing is done about birthrates, the "cut off" age at which we'd be putting people down would keep sinking. How humane to start offing people when they reach 45, rather than just controlling birthrates.

People I know that are 75 are quite healthy still, many of them take up charity work and stuff when they retire.

A large swath of the population that adds nothing to GDP and that you have to pay for versus upcoming members of the population that can add to the workforce and spending. If you are being cold and logical going after the old is the way to go, you are being too emotional thought you were running on logic. Of course the best way is to control both killing the old and controlling birth to balance economies and productivity.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Why not? because without dealing with them it will cause economic collapse, you were talking about short sight and bleeding hearts well old people are as much of a problem as people being born if not more.
    They are more, the young are actually needed for a society to function over any long duration of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.