Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demon Hunters should get a 3rd spec....

And all they would have to do is import old Demonology to the DH class.

I don't know why Blizzard simply didn't give Demon Hunters the old Demonology spec from Warlocks. I mean, they changed the Warlock spec, and the old Demo spec was pretty popular. All Blizzard would have to do is simply bring back the old Warlock spec, and revamp it for Demon Hunters.

Illidan had some ranged spells in Black Temple. Blizzard could give DHs those spells, have them build up demonic fury, change into a demon like Warlocks used to do, and have enhanced abilities.

Blizzard could bring back old Demo abilities like Chaos Wave and Touch of Chaos. Not only would this add some diversity to the DH class, but also give us another much needed ranged spec.

What do you think?

Deleted
    No, just NO. DHs are fine as they are and locks dont need more prunning TIA

I'd love to see the old Demo spec back, but I doubt it'll happen.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The old demo spec was bad and boring as fuck. The meta was such a bad gameplay and design.

And no DH are fine as is.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The old demo spec was bad and boring as fuck. The meta was such a bad gameplay and design.

And no DH are fine as is.
    In your opinion maybe, there were plenty of people who enjoyed it. To me new Demo is extremely boring, for example, but I loved old Demo.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

While not 100% with the lore i would like a range dps spec.
    Tho i understand blizzard not wanting to waterdown 2 specs just to make a 3rd spec.

Could be a semi stealth range spec that uses bows / guns ect. gunslinger using fel to empower weapons.

but then again. most ppl will call us out on stealing there idea's xD
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

No. They already have enough issues as is balancing Havoc and it's the only DPS spec.

I want a dual wield crossbow spec for a third dh spec we need more range classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacorz View Post
    I want a dual wield crossbow spec for a third dh spec we need more range classes
    This isn't Diablo... The classes might share the same name but they are two completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, just NO. DHs are fine as they are and locks dont need more prunning TIA
    You wouldn't need to prune Warlocks, since all of the Metamorphosis abilities were already removed from the class during the Legion transition.

I'm advocating for combining DH abilities from WC3, Illidan's abilities from Black Temple, and the old Warlock abilities form Demonology:

Metamorphosis form that lobs fireballs (from WC3)
    Mana Burn (WC3)
    Carrion Swarm (old Demo)
    Touch of Chaos/Demonic Slash (old Demo)
    Immolation Aura (Dark Apotheosis version)
    Chaos Wave (old Demo)
    Demonic Fury (old Demo)
    Darklance (Illidan WoE)
    Gift of Sargaras (Illidan WoE)
    Parasitic Shadowfiend (Illidan BT)
    Flame Crash (Illidan BT) (Changed for this spec)
    Shadow Demons (Illidan BT)
    Aura of Dread (Illidan BT)
    Shadow Blast (Illidan BT)

There's more but you get the hint.

Combine those and you create a DH spec that is ranged, and falls well into DH lore.

The lore would simply be Demon Hunters who have embraced the more demonic side of their abilities in order to decimate the legion. Thus they have a longer-lasting demonic form, that grants them immense demonic powers. That falls well within the class lore of DHs.
    Last edited by Illidari; 2017-06-28 at 05:03 PM.

I agree not just as someone who enjoyed the old warlock demo playstyle, but also because the game really does need more ranged classes imo.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Deleted
    Everyone else should lose 1 spec.

Not one class in this game needs another dps spec, if any spec or class are added they need to be heal or tank, absolutely nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Not one class in this game needs another dps spec, if any spec or class are added they need to be heal or tank, absolutely nothing else.
    People need to understand that adding more tank and healer specs doesn't add a bunch more tank and healers. It's people who already like playing tank and healer specs that will switch to the new ones. You'll have a bunch of people who will try them as they are the new shiny stuff but they will soon enough switch back to what they like and/or are good at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

I'm surprised no one here has discussed the possibility of a Holy spec, what with Illidan becoming the champion of the light, etc. Though, to be fair, he has disappointingly been pretty absent from us DHs since his return. I would find it hilarious to have a Holy spec, with a holy Eye Beam blasting allies back to life, or throw glaive bouncing a heal off the tank's head, or a meta form of a holy nathrazim, etc.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    People need to understand that adding more tank and healer specs doesn't add a bunch more tank and healers. It's people who already like playing tank and healer specs that will switch to the new ones. You'll have a bunch of people who will try them as they are the new shiny stuff but they will soon enough switch back to what they like and/or are good at.
    I don't know dude, if my warlock had some tanking spec I would start tanking in a heartbeat, but I would not abandon my main for a new tanking class.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I don't know dude, if my warlock had some tanking spec I would start tanking in a heartbeat, but I would not abandon my main for a new tanking class.
    I did the Gold proving ground tanking challenge on my warlock when we had the Dark Apotheosis glyph. Loved the glyph.

In response to the original poster. My opinion is the demon hunter class should never been added as a separate class. Demon hunter style tanking should have been added as a 4th warlock spec. The green fire questline even provided that manner by which warlocks could develop and steal "more" of the demon hunter abilities.

No..NO....

NO NO NO...

NO GOD...

NO GOD PLEASE NO...

*Looks at the PVE/PVP damage*

No..NO! NO! ...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*Looks at the Vengeance spec*

*Cries*

*Looks at the Havoc spec*

*Screams in agony*

The naaru prophecy of Illidan being redeemed by the Light and fighting the Legion with golden wings and a halo is probably going to happen on Argus. That being said I could see a 'Holy' Demon Hunter spec being released alongside that story development. IMO it's pretty unlikely, but if a 3rd spec for DH is going to happen, I'd put money on that.