Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I am not talking about them, I am talking about the people who whine on the Internet about what Martin did. They fight this Crusade against him but would they be willing to pay for the sick if they are so addicted to justice?

There's millions of people that complained about him, a simple 5$ from each would cover the costs of the medicine for the ailing. But they wouldn't donate, they just want to complain.
    I have no problem with higher taxes.

Oh... and creating laws to stop these kinf douche bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    So you're saying all great business man are scum bags? I agree.
    Even Bill Gates had to run some guys into the ground and ruin their business. So yes. Being ruthless and taking down the opposition is part of being a good businessman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Bill Gates had to run some guys into the ground and ruin their business. So yes. Being ruthless and taking down the opposition is part of being a good businessman.
    So in other words, businessman are scum bags. assholes, sociapaths, whatever you name it, sounds about what I already knew about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you happen to get the attention of Congress due to the hike, Id say you aren't a good business man. Bringing attention to your entire industry because of your greed is just a bad move all around

He lied to his own investors and defrauded them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If you happen to get the attention of Congress due to the hike, Id say you aren't a good business man. Bringing attention to your entire industry because of your greed is just a bad move all around
    He got the patent for a drug under two thousands people use and offered it to the unisured at the old price only hiking the price for insurance companies. Pretty sure he cared more about the attention than the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    He got the patent for a drug under two thousands people use and offered it to the unisured at the old price only hiking the price for insurance companies. Pretty sure he cared more about the attention than the money.
    AN insurance company will drop a drug if its too pricey for what its supposed to do, which just messes with the people that have said insurance

Also, Its still a bad business decision to do what he did since it brought attention to the industry as a whole.

God forbid people make good business.

I hope you do realise every great businessman would do what this guy did, in the same position.

The Rich have always become rich on the backs of the poor. That's how the world works. If everyone's rich no one is.

Do doctors not ask for thousands of dollars that not everyone can afford to save lives?
    Come on, so if everyone earned 100k$/month and only had expenses for 10k /month you you wouldnt consider them rich just because everyone had the same?

congressional hearing are a joke, they are basically waging their fingers it's not like they are going to do anything about drug pricing and he knew that. The problem was him bringing scrutiny to himself knowing he had skeletons in his closet. Drug company do these outrageous price hikes on a regular basis congress will always look the other way the pharma lobby is too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Come on, so if everyone earned 100k$/month and only had expenses for 10k /month you you wouldnt consider them rich just because everyone had the same?
    That's not possible, though. If everyone earned 100K a month the people in charge of expenses would raise the prices.

Romania is much poorer than the US, yet we have better, cheaper Internet/TV/Phone services.

In reality you pay much more than the product is worth. And the producers would just raise the prices because they'd know you're able to pay that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    congressional hearing are a joke, they are basically waging their fingers it's not like they are going to do anything about drug pricing and he knew that. The problem was him bringing scrutiny to himself knowing he had skeletons in his closet. Drug company do these outrageous price hikes on a regular basis congress will always look the other way the pharma lobby is too powerful.
    Congress choosing to be toothless doesn't make bringing attention to your industry any less of a bad decision.

Still annoyed that the bill to make importing Canadian meds ok failed. I didnt expect anything from Repubs, but the dems that voted against it was insane.

Deleted
    I strongly recommend Shrekli's Youtube-Account. He started a livestream and invited everyone who wants to argue with him. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0B...wfWhCEiTLLLf7w

Congress choosing to be toothless doesn't make bringing attention to your industry any less of a bad decision.

Still annoyed that the bill to make importing Canadian meds ok failed. I didnt expect anything from Repubs, but the dems that voted against it was insane.
    I think it does since they are still doing it, you are assuming they care about the attention. The problems with health care cost in this country will probably never be solved they have democrats and republicans in their back pockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Forget Trump, Hitler or Jeffrey Dahmer.

The Most hated man in America according to the Media is this young fella named Martin Shkreli

Do not know why he is the really hated.. Other than than he defrauded a few people . Which i suppose is bad.
    But not as bad as mass murderer Jeffery Dahmer (in my opinion anyway).

Any Americans fill us in why this guy is really hated ?

One young woman called him "an evil man," another said he looked like a "snake" and a third said she knew he'd been
    labelled "the most hated man in America."

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world...28-gx0543.html
    He upped the price of a lifesaving drug from $13.50 a pill to $750 a pill.

But I'd say Trump wins the whole "most hated person in the US." Shkreli at least is going to jail.
    Putin khuliyo

AN insurance company will drop a drug if its too pricey for what its supposed to do, which just messes with the people that have said insurance

Also, Its still a bad business decision to do what he did since it brought attention to the industry as a whole.
    I don't know, from what I've seen from him (including streams) I'd take him as more of a vindictive fuck and not stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    God forbid people make good business.

I hope you do realise every great businessman would do what this guy did, in the same position.

The Rich have always become rich on the backs of the poor. That's how the world works. If everyone's rich no one is.

Do doctors not ask for thousands of dollars that not everyone can afford to save lives?
    Life saving treatment should not be in the hands of capitalists. Healthcare should not be a for profit industry.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    One of many reasons why health care should not be entirely in the hands of greedy capitalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Life saving treatment should not be in the hands of capitalists. Healthcare should not be a for profit industry.
    Tell the American Healthcare to buy the product then

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell the American Healthcare to buy the product then
    Still does not change Skreli is a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Still does not change Skreli is a scumbag.
    Definitely, but that's how Capitalism works. Everyone does it to some extend. Some boss will fire an employee over another that works less but is his personal friend.

Universities expel students accused of X things without said things being proven to avoid the bad rep.

It's just how the world works.