Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Critical Flaw in HyperThreading Discovered in "Skylake" and "Kaby Lake" CPUs

Just a heads up for the Sky-Lake and Kaby-Lake people

critical flaw in hyperthreading discovered in skylake and kaby lake cpus

Debian project warns turn off hyperthreading with skylake and kaby lake

Seema like a Bios update is needed to fix it
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how they are just finding this now. I wonder if I would turn off hyper-threading if I had a 7700k. That would be a painful switch to flip.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    Amazing how they are just finding this now. I wonder if I would turn off hyper-threading if I had a 7700k. That would be a painful switch to flip.
    I think it's a really low amount of cpu's that has this problem and thats why they haven't seen this problem before now
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I think it's a really low amount of cpu's that has this problem and thats why they haven't seen this problem before now
    Someone was saying in they've already known about this problem for 6+ months now, hence why intel has already pushed microcode updates to OEM's to fix it.

The whole thing is pretty vague though.