Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

DH raid dmg still feels bad after the 2.5% buffs

In NH I was used to being in the top 1-3 dps. Now we're still at the bottom. I don't believe the 2.5% / 7% chaos buff fixed things.

We feel ok in mythic + (perhaps because my sample size of playing with multiple 915+ players is smaller), but our damage is low in ToS, and I lost my raid spot because of it. (921) ilvl currently.

It's very disheartening to go from top dps in NH, to losing your raid spot, and now having to sit on the bench for 13 others players you were smoking not long ago.

It's not my rotation and mechanics. Our class needs to be adjusted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you in a top 200 guild? If not you shouldn't have lost your raid spot unless its the player.

What kind of damage are you doing? I am currently sitting at 914 ilvl and I was doing around 1-1.5 million on all fights except our normal Kil'jaeden kill, so it is feeling fine for me personally. If you are doing above 700-800k, that is more than enough for both normal and heroic Tomb. If they benched you for anything other than mythic, might be time to find a different guild who aren't morons.

Last night i was pulling alot more dps than i normally have. maybe i am used to the fights now and getting my timing down but on fist boss normal i was at 907K dps topping over other people and if we can manage to get the fight to the 2:45 mark instead of still 4 mins i would be doing close to 1.2 million at the end.

like chikat said sounds like a player issue and not performing like they should...

be interesting to see your logs to see what is going on.

BTW my itemlevel is 903

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Last night i was pulling alot more dps than i normally have. maybe i am used to the fights now and getting my timing down but on fist boss normal i was at 907K dps topping over other people and if we can manage to get the fight to the 2:45 mark instead of still 4 mins i would be doing close to 1.2 million at the end.

like chikat said sounds like a player issue and not performing like they should...

be interesting to see your logs to see what is going on.

BTW my itemlevel is 903
    Can you you post some of your logs to just see a comparison for others?

Our numbers feel ok with good play, the problem is you go on warcraft logs and a 95% parse for us is a 75% parse for another class.

Quote Originally Posted by angrytoastt View Post
    Can you you post some of your logs to just see a comparison for others?
    absolutely
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J9DmH2TqxRV4aQbG/

i died early on the one fight when i was at like 250k like i was dead for 90% of the fight due to running with a new tank.

also i dont have numbers for the same fights as the first night we didnt have someone logging which if i would have known this i would have done it.

i have no problem posting logs. it actually helps me if the community can suggest some changes to get more damage output.
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2017-06-28 at 09:28 PM.

absolutely

i died early on the one fight when i was at like 250k like i was dead for 90% of the fight due to running with a new tank.

also i dont have numbers for the same fights as the first night we didnt have someone logging which if i would have known this i would have done it.

i have no problem posting logs. it actually helps me if the community can suggest some changes to get more damage output.
    Ty for the logs!

i looked at logs 919-921 there was 16/100 demon hunters
    i looked at logs 901-903(my level) there was 16/100 demon hunters
    in my opinion looking at those logs we are just fine seems pretty balanced between everyone as far as rankings

problem is everyone so used to being amazing they equalled it out some and people loose thier damn minds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by angrytoastt View Post
    Ty for the logs!
    no problem i know there is always room for improvement so if you see something i am open to logical improvements.

i havent done much farming for gear to go with the new stat prio since 7.2.5 i.e haste. i still have alot of mastery and im still atleast top 3 dps always. still strong imo

I have been the top dps of my casual guild since the start of the expansion. What I see this patch is people who are parsing 70-80% or sometimes lower getting closer to me even if my logs are 90%+ , sometimes 98-99%. In other words I am having to work harder to keep myself at the top, which is fine and I like the challenge. But I can't help but feel that may be my efforts would have been better spent on some other spec that is performing better. Here's my log from a day ago. My character name is "Demoni"

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PTwABfH3X1hGKrCg/
    Last edited by Shutyertrap; 2017-06-29 at 01:15 AM.

Yep, I'm having to orange parse in order to beat people in my guild that are purple parsing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Weird, every stream i watch DHs just dominate the DPS meters lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shutyertrap View Post
    I have been the top dps of my casual guild since the start of the expansion. What I see this patch is people who are persing 70-80% or sometimes lower getting closer to me even if my logs are 90%+ , sometimes 98-99%. In other words I am having to work harder to keep myself at the top, which is fine and I like the challenge. But I can't help but feel that may be my efforts would have been better spent on some other spec that is performing better. Here's my log from a day ago. My character name is "Demoni"

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PTwABfH3X1hGKrCg/
    What is your I level just curios my phone don't show

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Weird, every stream i watch DHs just dominate the DPS meters lol
    Difference between good players and okay players

You can play DH to its full potential. You'll still never hope to catch up to arms warriors who press whirlwind and lol all the way to the bank. Contribute more to your raid with a better class

What is your I level just curios my phone don't show
    My ilvl with belt/anger gear set is 912 and anger/sephuz set is 913. I am in the process of getting rid of as much mastery I can, but I have the chest T20 which is mastery main stat which is keeping it more than I want

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...perwind/demoni

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people sim better using fel mastery/prepared right now because our mastery got buffed. This will change once you get 4pc t20 and better gear from ToS. For now I am simming 50k dps difference using 1111311 vs 2221311.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Dude. Unless you have something constructive to say. Don't post. Do you even play a DH?

It's pretty evident now where your 12000 post count comes from.

On topic: I don't have the ring and I'm 903 iLevel. I can only pull 600k DPS so you're definitely doing better than me.

I think its because I lack crit but I thought we weren't supposed to be stacking it anymore? I quit in 7.0.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ithos/sconners
    You always stack crit, the only stat that has changed was versatility, that changed to mastery, and now with this patch, you stack haste now in place of mastery, while crit is still the number one stat after agi.

Now im not sure if you stack haste only if you get the new leggo cloak or if you should always stack haste regardless of having the cloak or not

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the cloak or the rings, i run belt + prydaz cuz they are the only one worth mentionning that are 970.
    Simmed stats are : ilvl 909, stardard 222x311.
    Crit 23.81 > Vers 19.62 = Haste 19.10 > Agi 18.32 > Mastery 13.58 (had to resim them, first time it showed haste above vers but very slightly)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    I don't have the cloak or the rings, i run belt + prydaz cuz they are the only one worth mentionning that are 970.
    Simmed stats are : ilvl 909, stardard 222x311.
    Crit 23.81 > Vers 19.62 = Haste 19.10 > Agi 18.32 > Mastery 13.58 (had to resim them, first time it showed haste above vers but very slightly)
    23% crit? dont tell me that is your crit rating.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    You can play DH to its full potential. You'll still never hope to catch up to arms warriors who press whirlwind and lol all the way to the bank. Contribute more to your raid with a better class
    I contribute plenty to my raid...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Dude. Unless you have something constructive to say. Don't post. Do you even play a DH?

It's pretty evident now where your 12000 post count comes from.

On topic: I don't have the ring and I'm 903 iLevel. I can only pull 600k DPS so you're definitely doing better than me.

I think its because I lack crit but I thought we weren't supposed to be stacking it anymore? I quit in 7.0.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ithos/sconners
    You dont have 4 piece t19. even with new raid this is at this moment like what you absolutly need for good numbers and until i get 4 piece t20 i will not be trading it out. i noticed from not having 4 piece to having 4 piece a big increase in damage. would be nice if you had logs to look at also. because even not having 4 piece seems kinda low. and yes your crit is low should be in the 44-50% range. i just resently helped a guildie out at 910 ilevel increase his dps by a ton just by looking at rotation and uptime.