Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

World of Megalomaniac is happening

Hi everyone!

Have you feel that WoW is receiving some of Diablo shit things?

Insane power escalation
    RNG drops of insane itens
    RNG damaging
    Killing gods, angels, devils or anyone that join the history we are not capable of killing.

I miss the old World of Warcraft they when you were having adventures in Boot Bay or even during the climbing of Northrend mountains! This was adventure! WoW was cool when you could connect and join a fantasy world with good feelings.

Nowdays we are only fighting gods, super gods, mega gods, alfa, omega, hitting millions, billions, trillions, wearing the most powerfull things of galaxy and beyond.

Who is driving the megalomaniac plan for World of Warcraft have to stop, next expansion what?
    Eacher player receive your own sentinax to attack other planets
    Now your weapon is a phone where you command your army
    Your new enemy is the world before the big bang, because gul dan had time traveled before the big bang to change the formula of water
    BRAND NEW! you can play wow using your Steering Wheel to pilot your sentinax!
    Bonus: Purchase in pre order and receive extra nitro and customized colors for your sentinax!

Wtf is happening, serious!

I remember when we had a bad evil tribe of trolls! Your enemy was the bad guy of school...
    please stop be megalomaniac, Warcraft was much more interesting than World of Insanity

IF someone enjoy the megalomaniac idea, please give your view, i want learn how to love it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft's plot has jumped the shark and it's become awful as a result. Threat creep is real, and this game has become a bad satire of the worst comic books.

I think the Class Order storylines have been great.

Always felt odd to kill all those bosses and never be acknowledged as anything but an "adventurer" or "hero". We're still pretty damned small in relations to the major lore characters though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Warcraft's plot has jumped the shark and it's become awful as a result. Threat creep is real, and this game has become a bad satire of the worst comic books.
    Different strokes and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    To an extent, sure. The same can be said for those odd individuals that like, say, Tauren Paladins.

Regardless, Warcraft has definitely left its roots. It resembles a shoddy comic book. Thanks to the new direction, races, factions, etc. are suffering from a severe lack of development.

To an extent, sure. The same can be said for those odd individuals that like, say, Tauren Paladins.

Regardless, Warcraft has definitely left its roots. It resembles a shoddy comic book. Thanks to the new direction, races, factions, etc. are suffering from a severe lack of development.
    There's nothing "odd" about it. What you regard as bad, others regard as good. What you regard as good, others might regard as utter trash.

I think the Class Order storylines have been great.

Always felt odd to kill all those bosses and never be acknowledged as anything but an "adventurer" or "hero". We're still pretty damned small in relations to the major lore characters though.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about? We got promoted to the highest rank after unlocking the hero class hall. As a druid im prasied as archdruid, im acknowlwdged at the same level as Malfurion, Broll, or Hamuul Runetotem

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    What are you talking about? We got promoted to the highest rank after unlocking the hero class hall. As a druid im prasied as archdruid, im acknowlwdged at the same level as Malfurion, Broll, or Hamuul Runetotem
    We're not mentioned in lore, we're not part of cinematics. The head lore figures are still in the spotlight and the ones driving the story forward.

Which makes sense, considering it'd be a pretty full name list otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not mentioned in lore, we're not part of cinematics. The head lore figures are still in the spotlight and the ones driving the story forward.

I'm just going to quote a post I wrote on the subject a bit ago, since I don't feel like paraphrasing myself:

A demotion in player power and player rank is sorely needed, at this point. Promoting players to ranks such as "Commander" and "Deathlord" have had an objectively bad impact on this game's story as a whole. Beyond that, it's tedious, tiresome, generic, exacerbates "Threat Creep," and has turned Warcraft into a satire of itself.

I'm sure some wonderfully intelligent and insightful person is hitting the quote button right now, ready to tell me that they deserve to be acknowledged for killing Lich Kings and the like, so I want to expand upon why this sort of framing is inarguably bad for the game right off the bat.

During the campaign on Draenor, the player led their respective faction's war efforts against the (Fel) Iron Horde. In "Legion," players are leading their Order's efforts against the Burning Legion. The biggest issue here is that the leadership position is filled by you. Instead of being a "veteran of the Horde/Alliance" or a champion of said faction, you are leading.

Even though the format can't offer flexibility or choice (and if they did, such choices would have a canon and non-canon version), the choices made during these efforts are yours, the buildup and development is yours. The only issue is that you can't do anything with that development. "Unclbadtouch" the Undead Rogue won't become canon. NPCs on your end might recognize you; however, I won't hear of your exploits, nor will they enter canon. No matter how much NPCs kiss your ass for beating Gul'dan on LFR, you will never go on to occupy a meaningful position in Warcraft, nor will you have an actual story-arc.

All of the decisions made, development given, etc. is wasted on the player.

It might be forgivable were we in a position where the Warcraft Universe was swarming with heavily developed, deep, characters each with their own satisfying story, but that's not where we're at. Orcs went throughout "Warlords of Draenor" with no leader, until Saurfang was quietly promoted. Since then he's received nothing. Nobody can figure out who in the Hell is supposed to be leading the Trolls. Is it one of Vol'jin's kids that's only ever been alluded to in a certain reading of a single quest? Rokhan? Why, because he was present throughout WCIII, despite his flat personality? One of the two minor female Trolls? Because they made an appearance once?

Warcraft is desperately in need of more characters, not just racial leaders, either. We need more minor characters, Overlords, and the like, to receive development. These characters help flesh out races, which, right now, are defined entirely by their leaders. Look at Orcs in Wrath of the Lich King, for example, (Back when we were just "Champions" and veterans), sure they were led by Thrall, who represented a section of Orcish society; however, Garrosh, Saurfang, Krenna, Agmar, Gorgonna, Nazgrim Dranosh, etc. all helped to flesh out Orcish culture. We actually got a glimpse of bitter divides, generational gaps, philosophical differences, etc. These characters helped flesh out the Orcish race and give it soul.

These things can't be accomplished with the player in a leadership position. That arrangement siphons too much of a very small spotlight away from canonical characters that could actually benefit from such development and enrich the story.

Not only do characters suffer, but factions suffer as well. Sub-factions (ie, The Silver Hand) have had their identities watered down and diluted to accommodate all race/class options. The Horde and Alliance as a whole have to take the backseat to the player doing oh-so-cinematic things.

The game is worse off for our position.

With regard to player "power," we need kicked down there, too. "Threat Creep" is real, and doing things like killing Sargeras or battling the Void Lords directly is ridiculous and sucks some of the mystery out of Warcraft.

With regard to building an interplanetary coalition against the Void Lords, why in the Hell do I care about other planets? I want to do things on Azeroth. Draenor and Outland were only ever relevant because they threatened Azeroth, and were another, minor, stage for Azerothian actors to act upon.

Were we to work on building a coalition, we'd run the risk of (and inevitably run into, thanks to Blizzard's storytelling abilities) things feeling too detached from our own world for players to care. The "fun and mystery" that Outland/Draenor provided would most likely fall flat were it to become a regular occurrence with planets that players really have no reason to care about, either.

tl;dr: I want to go back to just being a veteran of the Horde. Allow me to work under canon characters, and battle local threats. I don't want to lead an interplanetary coalition against an incomprehensibly large, background evil.

Quote Originally Posted by artline View Post
    RNG drops of insane itens
    Has always been the case in WoW, even in Classic. What, did you forget about Thunderfury? Or other random drops? BOE world drops? Warglaives?

The only reason you're even saying anything about this is because the current legendaries are orange. If they were purples with the same stats and effects, you wouldn't be complaining.

RNG damaging
    This doesn't make much sense as written, but I'm going to assume you're talking about RNG damage effects. Again, has almost always been the case in one way or another.

Killing gods, angels, devils or anyone that join the history we are not capable of killing.
    Gods? You mean like Hakkar or C'thun? You know, from Classic WoW? Angels? You mean the Naaru, from the first expansion? Devils? You mean like the demons from ... before WoW?

Wtf is happening, serious!
    What's happening is that you're being overly nostalgious and not actually remembering how the early game actually was. What's happening is you're making up a bunch of absurd scenarios that are obviously never going to happen.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Belloc; 2017-06-29 at 09:06 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

We are called on our names and rank in every dialogue, when you reach kiljaden you are the center figure of the cinematic and you lead the assault.

And the list wouldnt be long. From the point of the lore you are the only hero, you lead the other X nameless soilder in your raid.

I'm just going to quote a post I wrote on the subject a bit ago, since I don't feel like paraphrasing myself:
    *snip*
    You are entitled to your opinions.

I am of the opinion that I've enjoyed the game greatly since Legion and our Class Order halls were implemented. I like my character having a more promiment role in the story even if it'll never be mentioned in books and the likes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are entitled to your opinions.

I am of the opinion that I've enjoyed the game greatly since Legion and our Class Order halls were implemented.
    Okay, you might enjoy the game, but you also claimed to have enjoyed Tauren Paladins. I'm not really considering your opinion to have much value. Regardless, there are objective downsides to our rank in-game right now that simply aren't matters of opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Gods? You mean like Hakkar or C'thun? You know, from Classic WoW? Angels? You mean the Naaru, from the first expansion? Devils? You mean like the demons from ... before WoW?
    Are you trying to use a semantic argument to equate Hakkar and C'thun to Titans?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    We are called on our names and rank in every dialogue, when you reach kiljaden you are the center figure of the cinematic and you lead the assault.

And the list wouldnt be long. From the point of the lore you are the only hero, you lead the other X nameless soilder in your raid.
    I got the impression that WE, as a whole, lead the assault, not just my character.

Being mentioned by name and rank however is fine by me.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, you might enjoy the game, but you also claimed to have enjoyed Tauren Paladins. I'm not really considering your opinion to have much value. Regardless, there are objective downsides to our rank in-game right now that simply aren't matters of opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you trying to use a semantic argument to equate Hakkar and C'thun to Titans?
    Yes, I'm enjoying Tauren Paladins. I tend to see the positives rather than always focusing on negatives.

And if you don't think my opinion has "much value", that doesn't change anything, you believe that your tastes are objective which is laughable at best. And to add, your opinions don't have all that much value to me OR the creators of the game, it would seem.

Along with all those people still enjoying the story just fine. But let me guess, they're liking "objectively bad storytelling!".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-29 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing in a literary sense is going to be objective. You like what you like, other people like what they like. End of story, do not pass go, do not collect $200, nothing else to be said on the subject.

You can discuss why you like what you like and such, but to try to tell other people their opinions on subjective fantasy are wrong makes you look arrogant and a tad dense, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing in a literary sense is going to be objective. You like what you like, other people like what they like. End of story, do not pass go, do not collect $200, nothing else to be said on the subject.

You can discuss why you like what you like and such, but to try to tell other people their opinions on subjective fantasy are wrong makes you look arrogant and a tad dense, frankly.
    Amen.

Saying that the game's story has become a "bad satire of the worst comic books" doesn't say much, since what one considers to be good or bad comic books is also highly subjective.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

What did you expect, a bunch of underdeveloped grunts to take down Sargeras?

The central character has always been the player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you know, we're the ones doing all the hard work while they sit around on their asses. We kill the bosses, not them.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post

The direction of the story itself is subjective, I've never stated that there are objective metrics to measure that. What I am saying is that the PC's rank has an objectively bad effect on the story in that it robs canonical characters of a chance to develop with little story benefit.

All one has to do to acknowledge the objective aspect of that in specific is understand that the spotlight is a finite resource, and that our characters, who do receive development, can't ever have an impact on the universe as a whole. Neither of which seem to be particular difficult or controversial concepts.

Read before kneejerking next time, okay?

>People playing WoW for the lore in 2017

This kind of worshipping treatment towards the players doesn't fit in a MMORPG at all, its more fitting in a singleplayer RPG where you don't have to rely on others to achieve the hard tasks that brings you to that position. It doesn't make sense that I'm a Deathlord while there are like 50 other death knights running around with the exact same position, supposedly all leading the Ebon Blade and leading the assault to the Legion. In a MMORPG your supposed to be recognised as a team, not individualy.

Funnily enough I picture that scene from South Parks ''You're Not Yelping'' where the town is promoting every Yelp reviewer to an elite food reviewer, yet when they are done with the promotion they just call the next Yelper and give them the exact same treatment. They are doing this in WoW with us now :P