Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

[Spoilers] 7.3 Blood elf discussion.

Sub-thread discussing about belf BS for 7.3....

Now, if you please keep away from the Spoiler thread, then that'd be great....

TIL discussing Alleria, her motivations, and her future actions and interactions with closely linked characters now that she's returned in 7.3 = Belf BS

Although fucking ridiculous that you made a thread and didn't even propose a real topic, I guess I'll contribute.

Any chance of Alleria becoming a Blood Elf leader if Lor'themar is busy/dies?
    They are the same High Elven people she stood with before, so wouldn't they still respect her?

Or is she absolutely Alliance for life?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    TIL discussing Alleria, her motivations, and her future actions and interactions with closely linked characters now that she's returned in 7.3 = Belf BS
    Yeah, well, my Spoiler thread was a spoiler thread. Spoilers only.

It's not about explaining Lore-facts #1, 2, and 3 every minute....

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Although fucking ridiculous that you made a thread and didn't even propose a real topic, I guess I'll contribute.

They are the same High Elven people she stood with before, so wouldn't they still respect her?

Alleria shouldn't have any chance of being Blood Elf leader. She wasn't really that good, Sylvanas was always the best sister as she became Ranger-General. If Lor'Themar died then Hauldron Brightwing probably becomes the next leader as he is Ranger-General, either him or Grand Magister Rommath with Lady Liadrin also having an outside chance to be leader over Alleria.

I believe Alleria should become Horde, it would be nice to see her stick with Quel'Thalas instead of teaming up with her batshit sister Vereesa.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I for one hope that she's not Alliance. I can see her being loyal to Quel'thalas, but not the Horde. If the Alliance threaten Quel'thalas or its people directly, she would defend it from them. She's always looked out for her homeland and its interests.

I'm hoping that she meets with Vereesa, tells her off for forgetting her duty to her people and devoting herself to vengeance, understanding how that feels but that she has to move on with her life (like Alleria did when she hated the orcs for Lirath's death), and Vereesa grows up. Then Alleria goes to Quel'danas to catch up with Captain Auric Sunchaser, the guy who was in charge of Allerian Stronghold and took it upon himself as the highest authority from Quel'thalas pre-Scourge government who identifies as a high elf to look after high elves who had no representation in Quel'thalas.

I'm hoping that Alleria could convince Lor'themar to allow the high elves to return (but perhaps not the Silver Covenant), as long as they renounce their loyalty (not ties, they can still be friends) to the Alliance and reaffirm it to Silvermoon (not the Horde). They wouldn't be beholden to Alliance/Horde conflicts, unless the Alliance were attacking Quel'thalas, in which case they would defend it along with their blood elven kin.

Of course it makes zero sense for her to be Horde. But it makes less sense for her to be Alliance, at least Alliance like Vereesa is. I find it entirely believable for her to be friends with the Sons of Lothar, and lovers with Turalyon (or wife, if they got married somewhere down the line), but she wouldn't abandon her people to swear loyalty to a 17-year old kid who was born years after she left through the Dark Portal to defend Quel'thalas against the threat of the Old Horde forever.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Liadrin/ Rommath and Hauld would all claim before her. She is still greatly respected, but she didn't carry them through the scourge crisis
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria will probably be in the middle, she'll meddle with Belf stuff and Sylvanas but not be locked to it, kinda Similar to a reverse Khadgar to compare. I do find it interesting that it seems like she's been fused with Void in some way, and I'm curious if it will be relevant to be more sympathetic to Sylvanas or it's just temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Alleria shouldn't have any chance of being Blood Elf leader. She wasn't really that good, Sylvanas was always the best sister as she became Ranger-General. If Lor'Themar died then Hauldron Brightwing probably becomes the next leader as he is Ranger-General, either him or Grand Magister Rommath with Lady Liadrin also having an outside chance to be leader over Alleria.

I believe Alleria should become Horde, it would be nice to see her stick with Quel'Thalas instead of teaming up with her batshit sister Vereesa.
    I agree, she's more of a fighter than a leader, she always said so. But I wouldn't think she'd be Horde. To explain it in gameplay terms, friendly to Quel'thalas and the Sons of Lothar (and anyone once in it like Khadgar), likely friendly to other more familiar Alliance states like Ironforge and Stormwind, neutral toward Darnassus and Gilneas because Gilneas were dicks, and friendly to Draenei because Army of Light.

I don't think Alleria's loyalties and ties could be painted as just red or blue.

Deleted

Well, Alleria was always more about the larger picture and family than the politics of her kin. When the Second War started, and Quel'Thalas, despite its oath to Lothar, send only a token force to aid the Alliance, she violated a direct order and went south with her rangers to fight the orcs.

With that in mind, it is hard to imagine her as anything else than Alliance affiliated. Perhaps a true neutral (ie not an Alliance affiliated neutral).

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Alleria will probably be in the middle, she'll meddle with Belf stuff and Sylvanas but not be locked to it, kinda Similar to a reverse Khadgar to compare. I do find it interesting that it seems like she's been fused with Void in some way, and I'm curious if it will be relevant to be more sympathetic to Sylvanas or it's just temporary.

Oh boy, I hope a blood elf is present while Vereesa brings Alleria up to speed on events in Azeroth. Otherwise Alleria will come out of it as yet another rabid Horde-hating crazy female character. But that looks like it means 7.3 is gonna have Alleria be all about fighting the Legion and we won't get her involved in the stuff we actually care about with Quel'thalas and the like for another patch or xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    Well, Alleria was always more about the larger picture and family than the politics of her kin. When the Second War started, and Quel'Thalas, despite its oath to Lothar, send only a token force to aid the Alliance, she violated a direct order and went south with her rangers to fight the orcs.

With that in mind, it is hard to imagine her as anything else than Alliance affiliated. Perhaps a true neutral (ie not an Alliance affiliated neutral).
    Because she knew the orcs were a threat to Quel'thalas even if Anasterian didn't think so, not because she wanted to keep the human kingdoms safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Oh boy, I hope a blood elf is present while Vereesa brings Alleria up to speed on events in Azeroth. Otherwise Alleria will come out of it as yet another rabid Horde-hating crazy female character.
    Arator the Redeemer is present, and is nominally a Blood Elf himself. Liadrin is also on Argus, though not present for these discussions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Though it obviously won't happen in this patch, my #1 wish is for Alleria to walk in the Undercity, how fucked up and interesting would that be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Arator the Redeemer is present, and is nominally a Blood Elf himself. Liadrin is also on Argus, though not present for these discussions.
    Arator's not a blood elf, he's half high elf, half human. Is he one of those types that identifies with the blood elves? I don't recall any mention of that. If so, cool, I like that. He had green eyes in early Burning Crusade but they were fixed to blue soon after.

arator is not a blood elf. he is a half-breed with no idea what quel'thalas is even like.

lady liadrin will likely be near.

Deleted
    Isnt Arator a Highelf, he got blue eyes in the Paladin Orderhall. At Least kinda Highelf, cause this Mother is a Highelf and his Father a Human

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    arator is not a blood elf. he is a half-breed with no idea what quel'thalas is even like.

lady liadrin will likely be near.
    I'd hope that Alleria returns to Quel'thalas to see what it's like and Arator tags along and bonds with her and she instills in him a love for his elven heritage. It's about time we got a more human-aligned person who was converted to liking elves and stuff rather than the other way around like Vereesa. Besides Silvermoon Harry. http://wow.gamepedia.com/%22Silvermoon%22_Harry

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, I hope a blood elf is present while Vereesa brings Alleria up to speed on events in Azeroth. Otherwise Alleria will come out of it as yet another rabid Horde-hating crazy female character. But that looks like it means 7.3 is gonna have Alleria be all about fighting the Legion and we won't get her involved in the stuff we actually care about with Quel'thalas and the like for another patch or xpac.
    there are several belves that came with.
    the blood elves are the ones that brought the hordies to azuremyst.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Arator's not a blood elf, he's half high elf, half human. Is he one of those types that identifies with the blood elves? I don't recall any mention of that. If so, cool, I like that. He had green eyes in early Burning Crusade but they were fixed to blue soon after.
    Ah, I only remembered him with the green eyes, didn't know they had changed them. He's never made overt mention of his affiliation one way or the other insofar as I'm aware - the eyes along with the armor made him appear to be a former Blood Knight, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    he's not, arator is an alliance half elf.

Formerly known as Arafal