Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Going to her house, likely to have sex with her - a 15 year old - is acting on it. He's a sexual predator of children and needs help.
    Technically he's a sexual predator of 33-year-old catfishers.

Fine. Just arrest him, charge him with trying to rape a minor, label him as a predator and throw his ass in prison. No help needed. When he gets out, he can continue to think it's okay to seek out minors to fuck... cause "human nature and all".
    It would be perfectly legal for him in many countries to go for 15 year olds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Africa
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._South_America

Awesome and irrelevant. He didn't commit this illegal act in those countries.
    I'm aware, you are however portraying this to be something very awful. A 15 year old is considered to be capable of consenting in a lot of countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Doesn't matter. It's not a disease. People in their mid-teens usually look more like young adults than they look like children.
    And there you go again. Can't see the difference between "finding attractive" and "wanting to have sex".
    I find some teens attractive too. Normal animal insticts stuff - healthy, young females, perfect for proliferating. Sure.

But the moment I started wanting (and I don't) to have sex with them I become sick. Not just feeling attraction, but looking for ways to make it happen, or being ready to do it had the occasion occur. That's breaking important social rules / boundaries.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I'm aware, you are however portraying this to be something very awful. A 15 year old is considered to be capable of consenting in a lot of countries.
    Doesn't matter. What matters is the social rules where you live. To which you have to submit. If you don't then you better get out or get ready to be branded as a sicko.
    People are not animals. We may have have animal instincts, but we also have our morality and social rules, which may differ between regions. And we are judged according to those rules.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Awesome and irrelevant. He didn't commit this illegal act in those countries.
    Right, but it points out that this isn't some universal moral law that banging 15-year olds isn't just illegal, but obviously immoral and "disgusting". It's illegal here because we have to draw a line somewhere and roughly 16, 17, or 18 seems about right, but this isn't some standard human moral intuition. Drawing a line and enforcing it harshly is a good idea, but let's be clear, this is basically a technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    And there you go again. Can't see the difference between "finding attractive" and "wanting to have sex".
    I find some teens attractive too. Normal animal insticts stuff - healthy, young females, perfect for proliferating. Sure.

But the moment I started wanting (and I don't) to have sex with them I become sick. Not just feeling attraction, but looking for ways to make it happen, or being ready to do it had the occasion occur. That's breaking important social rules / boundaries.
    That's not sick.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter. What matters is the social rules where you live. To which you have to submit. If you don't then you better get out or get ready to be branded as a sicko.
    People are not animals. We may have have animal instincts, but we also have our morality and social rules, which may differ between regions. And we are judged according to those rules.
    Technically, 13 is the age of consent back in my home country. So, yeah. Nothing sick about wanting to have sex with someone who is 15.

This isn't any more "sick" than someone committing bank fraud. Society has an interest in preventing it because it's harmful and we should absolutely enforce those laws, but it's not like someone needs psychological help in these cases.

I get that, but the user keeps dodging what's being said. The guy committed the act in the US. He's going to be charged in the US. He's going to continue being a citizen in the US.

I find it highly unlikely that he'd move out of the country, just so his actions could be deemed legal and acceptable. Since that likely won't happen, he needs help in understanding that it's wrong and illegal here, while also being punished for breaking the law. I don't think just locking them in prison and throwing away the key is effective in all cases. Some people need more help.
    People who break the laws are generally not in need of any treatment, especially so when there's no manifestation of a mental illness. They know what's legal and illegal, they just don't care or they think the risk is worth it. They're not some retarded kid who don't know any better.

I get that, but the user keeps dodging what's being said. The guy committed the act in the US. He's going to be charged in the US. He's going to continue being a citizen in the US.

I find it highly unlikely that he'd move out of the country, just so his actions could be deemed legal and acceptable. Since that likely won't happen, he needs help in understanding that it's wrong and illegal here, while also being punished for breaking the law. I don't think just locking them in prison and throwing away the key is effective in all cases. Some people need more help.
    Yeah, and this is where I disagree - I really doubt he wasn't clear on the matter that banging 15-year olds is off limits. The term "jailbait" exists for a reason. Stick your hand in the cookie jar, get an asswhooping and a few years of probation and a ton of community service sounds about right.

So I guess I do agree that locking him up isn't really the answer, but that's because I think the crime here is pretty weak tea. He's not mentally ill, he's just a douche that's willing to violate laws and social norms to try to get his dick sucked. Put him on probation and if he does it again, throw him in jail.

That's not sick.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically, 13 is the age of consent back in my home country. So, yeah. Nothing sick about wanting to have sex with someone who is 15.
    In your country. In my country, as well as in US, the age of consent if higher and we DO consider this sick.
    And also a lot of stuff done in, for example, Japan is considered sick in EU or US. And anyone trying them here would be treated as sick person.

You're the one thinking that "he needs help" means "he has a disease and/or mental illness". I haven't said such things.
    There is no help to be given. You said he's sick and needs help, that means treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

In your country. In my country, as well as in US, the age of consent if higher and we DO consider this sick.
    And also a lot of stuff done in, for example, Japan is considered sick in EU or US. And anyone trying them here would be treated as sick person.
    Considering something sick does not mean someone that does the act actually is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This isn't any more "sick" than someone committing bank fraud. Society has an interest in preventing it because it's harmful and we should absolutely enforce those laws, but it's not like someone needs psychological help in these cases.
    It is. it's all up to the society to decide how bad it is. In many western countries attempting to have sex with much younger teen will be met with much bigger uproar than bank fraud.

Not really. We morally taboo the shit out of banging teens, for good reason, but using the term "sick" is mostly a product of that taboo rather than the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What a sicko. Hopefully we throw the book at him.

What's the max sentence for this deviant?
    Throwing books at people isn't very civil. Just put him in prison.

Also isn't 15 the legal age of consent in Canada? Or did they change it.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-07-01 at 06:20 PM.

There is when you think it's okay to have sex with underage minors and actively go out and do it... or at least try to. You know, breaking the law?
    No, most criminals know perfectly well what they are doing and accept the risks.

There is no help to be given. You said he's sick and needs help, that means treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering something sick does not mean someone that does the act actually is sick.
    Oh but that's how psychology functions. When people with their behaviour cross certain boundries set by the society they are considered sick. Society as a whole decides what's normal and what's not, what the boundries of "normal" psychological behaviour are. Sexoholism or psychopathy may be a normal behaviour based on instinct, but in many countries it's treated as disease which should be treated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not really. We morally taboo the shit out of banging teens, for good reason, but using the term "sick" is mostly a product of that taboo rather than the other way around.
    Well I wouldn't go as far as calling it taboo -- I mean we have the same shitlords in this thread crying foul about an older man and younger woman who are in full support of the same thing happening had the sexes been reversed. What we have here is the typical double-standard of it being "sick" if its an older man and younger girl...but "Nice!" if it's an older woman and younger man.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Oh but that's how psychology functions. When people with their behaviour cross certain boundries set by the society they are considered sick. Society as a whole decides what's normal and what's not, what the boundries of "normal" psychological behaviour are. Sexoholism may be a normal behaviour based on instinct, but in many countries it's treated as disease which should be treated.
    That's not how psychology/psychiatry functions. Mental disease is only diagnosed when a behavior out of the norm has a negative effect on a persons ability to function in society due to inhibited cognition, change in mood and so on. It does not apply to people who are fully aware of what they are doing is illegal and accept the risks.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-01 at 06:10 PM.

Yes, they know it and accept the risks. But then get released and continue to do it. Prison time doesn't always stop them from doing it again. Often times it can just make them smarter in not getting caught. Do more than just lock him up. Help him so more minors don't become victims.
    You can't reprogram people.