Poll: Mission table and champions in the next expansion - YES or NO?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    They'll be there, but be a detriment to the game - again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say no, not necessarily because I dislike the concept, but because it'd be nice to take a break from being the "leader" for at least and expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Mind elaborate on why you think it is THE WORST thing added to WoW?

Personally, I think it is an good addition to the game. It fits the lore of players being army commanders and stuff. The rewards are also really good for the amount of time you spend on it.
    What lore? We're adventurers, we're not suppose to be fighting gods and devils, this Isn't Diablo or Starcraft, we adventure around, we help real lore characters from time to time, struggling with our two factions existing on the same planet and that's It. We're not commanders, we're not the Ashbringer (Or we shouldn't bloody well be) I rather Ashbringer be wielded by someone Interesting, rather than a blank slate of a character with no emotion or story to speak of.

I rather we go Into the next expansion knowing our weapons were either destroyed or taken away from us to a more worthy wielder, It's silly enough that there Is "One" lore commander per order hall, which means each of us Is wielding three legendary weapons for some reason, so not only am I the Ashbringer, I'm also the wielder of the Silver Hand and whatever the shield thing was - It's silly, I'm not surprised by this direction since half the Diablo 3 team came over to WoW team.

So no, table Is a waste of time If we're commander or not, but my point kinda was we shouldn't be put so high on the pedastal while there are other more Interesting lore characters to be put there.

Otherwise, table Is still bad, one of those "You come on everyday to get tinsi tiny useless rewards, tehe!" just no, It's a feature from Garrisons that should've died.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I like it, so yeah, I think it should carry forward.

I don't think it should be necessary to progress story or player power, though, like unlocking the 3rd Relic slot or the 7.2 storyline, if you could call it that.

I think it should most be supplementary gold, resources, rep and whatever other currency-of-the-expansion they decide to throw in. Other than that, I think the way it's gone in Legion is far better as opposed to WoD; it's not entirely self-sustainable, it takes a bit more work to reap the benefits, and it's not basically all the content there is.

I'd be interested to see it expanded a bit to allow for the odd Missions to progress older junk, like collecting Archaeology fragments from Uldum or rep tokens for older expansion's stuff, or even a secondary way to get transmog - no unique appearances, just an alternative where, if you're lucky, you might get an appearance you wanted without needing to farm a raid every week for three months.

10+ Year Old Account
    That facebooks mini games in-game need just to die.

we are using a spaceship, you can bet your ass we are gonna get more garrisons in 7.3

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'd be interested to see it expanded a bit to allow for the odd Missions to progress older junk, like collecting Archaeology fragments from Uldum or rep tokens for older expansion's stuff, or even a secondary way to get transmog - no unique appearances, just an alternative where, if you're lucky, you might get an appearance you wanted without needing to farm a raid every week for three months.
    They could introduce higher-level-requirement transmog. Appearances are based on the least-restrictive requirement you have collected. An appearance could be available from a level 100 quest (meaning you need to be 100 to xmog it), or a drop from a level 90 dungeon (so you need level 90)... think how nice it'd be to get the same appearance available to your level 40s? Or even level 1s?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    They could introduce higher-level-requirement transmog. Appearances are based on the least-restrictive requirement you have collected. An appearance could be available from a level 100 quest (meaning you need to be 100 to xmog it), or a drop from a level 90 dungeon (so you need level 90)... think how nice it'd be to get the same appearance available to your level 40s? Or even level 1s?
    Hmm. I can see their reasoning for not wanting a level one Warrior decked out in tier 13, but yeah, I like that idea. Some kind of token that could loosen the mog requirements of an item.

Though now I also want a token that makes a BoP piece of equipment you can't normally equip unlock in your wardrobe for alts who can equip it. I'd pay 500g a piece, if not more, to unlock BoP weapons and junk my DK has that he can"t learn on behalf of my mage. A mission table system to get that benefit would be a good example of optional but valuable, I think.

Deleted
    Either way, if it stays I'm fine with it, and if it goes I'm fine with it. I just would like it to be 100% optional and not something like currently how you must do them for 3rd relic slot, Suramar story, Broken Shore (well let's call it) story. I would also like to see old world mission table for rewards like reputation, no longer available transmog (extremely low chance to complete). I already liked how they actually used old world in Legion quests and artifacts, but there is so much more potential with what older content has to offer.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they keep it, I don't mind the whole mission and champion thing

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Hmm. I can see their reasoning for not wanting a level one Warrior decked out in tier 13, but yeah, I like that idea. Some kind of token that could loosen the mog requirements of an item.

Though now I also want a token that makes a BoP piece of equipment you can't normally equip unlock in your wardrobe for alts who can equip it. I'd pay 500g a piece, if not more, to unlock BoP weapons and junk my DK has that he can"t learn on behalf of my mage. A mission table system to get that benefit would be a good example of optional but valuable, I think.
    See, that's the type of thing that would make me shell out the 120k to get the dang yak mount. :-)

I voted yes, mostly because I think it is a get used to it kind of thing. I don't see them going anywhere so I'm just adapting.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    What lore? We're adventurers, we're not suppose to be fighting gods and devils, this Isn't Diablo or Starcraft, we adventure around, we help real lore characters from time to time, struggling with our two factions existing on the same planet and that's It. We're not commanders, we're not the Ashbringer (Or we shouldn't bloody well be) I rather Ashbringer be wielded by someone Interesting, rather than a blank slate of a character with no emotion or story to speak of.
    To you maybe, I love the fact that I started off as an adventurer and through my deeds become the leader of an Army. Feels good for an RPG.

being just an "adventurer" is boring past lvl 20.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Do you want to see mission table and champions system in the next expansion?

For me mission table is the worst thing that was ever added to WoW so no I don't want to see it anymore.
    Depends whether they evolve it to suit the next expansion. If they remove it then there's nothing really they can replace it with, other than maybe some special dailies/world quests

Deleted
    In my opinion they should evolve the system into alts support.

Like turn your alts into champions.
    And on the table you can level up alts with it small % of exp per mission.
    Getting proffesion missions so you can slowly level up professions on alts.
    Getting reputation missions to level up rep on alts.
    Rare missions to get heirloom upgrades.
    Rare missions to get Honor - Tokens on alts.
    Rare missions to get old transmog items.

So for me i would like blizzard to make like a playerhouse zone where you can interact with your alts (see them around as NPCs) and send your alts on missions
    This way the game becomes more alt friendly and it does not really impact gameplay for those that only play 1 main in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    If you send your followers on missions and then stand around waiting for them to complete... you're doing something wrong.
    So how can i affect what they are doing then? Whatever i could be doing in the meantime is the same content i can do without having mission table at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    So how can i affect what they are doing then? Whatever i could be doing in the meantime is the same content i can do without having mission table at all.
    It sure is. So how does it negatively impact you in any way? I like logging in and having some stuff waiting for me to pick up or a dungeon quest to do.
    Beta Club Brosquad

it was okay, but im tired of being the leader and champion and all that shit