Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Don't know if it's relevant, but this particular titan model seems to be made of flesh, whereas the others are clearly stony/metallic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    As was said in other thread - there is literally one reason a being could have a name like a planet. It's when such being is born of that planet - a Titan.

I run through Chronicle to check if Argus having a world soul was ever mentioned, but it seems it wasn't.

The main problem is still that he doesn't look like full-scale Titan... and he can't be it either as the Argus is still a planet that we walk on. Is he another Avatar then? But we already fought Avatar of Sargeras, and we know we will fight avatars of Eonar and Aggrammar, so having another avatar as final boss seems... dull.

He must certainly be described in quests on Argus leading to the raid. As long as we don't know these quests, I'm afraid there is not much to be said about him.
    as far as i know, no one ever said that a titan shell planet can't still be inhabitable... and if we're being honest the giant chunk out of the south pole of argus looks a lot like it could be an exit point for a titan
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    It would be bittersweet if Sargeras used all these demonic constructors and engineers to build him a body that has nothing to do with fel. Like if he always considered himself above fel and demons and especially now that his fel corrupted form is left behind (if his body was indeed destroyed).

The Argus Unmaker model has very similar eyes and stare as the Fallen Avatar.
    Last edited by mmoc7955db53d7; 2017-06-30 at 10:36 PM.

Honestly, Odyn looks 5 times more like Sargeras than Argus the Unmaker. Odyn = Sargeras confirmed!

Or maybe we shouldn't try to make things fit that clearly do not.

Both the model name and the encounter name of this guy is Argus. Unlike the "TitanBuilder" model, which has a different name for the boss. And apparently he's called "Argus the Enslaved" on Russian servers. Which gives even more evidence that this is Argus' world soul, bound to Sargeras' service. Just like he did with Aggramar and is doing with the other Titans.

Argus has Draenei ears. Is blue like the Draenei. Has none of Sargeras' armor. Has none of his physical traits. Has nothing in common with Sargeras but his gender.

And we find him in the very center of the planet, where you would find the world-soul of Argus, if it had one.

I will delete one of my favorite characters if he turns out to be Sargeras after all. I am that certain he is not.

It would be incredibly unsatisfying if Sargeras ended up being a thunder king looking dude. I just don't see blizzard doing that.

I sort of hope/expect it to be intentionally misleading. Yes, that may be Argus' titan, but is he truly the final boss? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Don't know if it's relevant, but this particular titan model seems to be made of flesh, whereas the others are clearly stony/metallic.
    It doesn't look fleshy to me at all to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Honestly, Odyn looks 5 times more like Sargeras than Argus the Unmaker. Odyn = Sargeras confirmed!

Or maybe we shouldn't try to make things fit that clearly do not.

Both the model name and the encounter name of this guy is Argus. Unlike the "TitanBuilder" model, which has a different name for the boss. And apparently he's called "Argus the Enslaved" on Russian servers. Which gives even more evidence that this is Argus' world soul, bound to Sargeras' service. Just like he did with Aggramar and is doing with the other Titans.

Argus has Draenei ears. Is blue like the Draenei. Has none of Sargeras' armor. Has none of his physical traits. Has nothing in common with Sargeras but his gender.

And we find him in the very center of the planet, where you would find the world-soul of Argus, if it had one.

I will delete one of my favorite characters if he turns out to be Sargeras after all. I am that certain he is not.
    I agree that Argus the Unmaker is some kind of Titan, but I still support my theory that its some kind of creation. Because if the planet Argus had a natural World-Soul all this time, how is possible that Velen didn't mention it at all? Seems like a really long shot to me.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    It doesn't look fleshy to me at all to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that Argus the Unmaker is some kind of Titan, but I still support my theory that its some kind of creation. Because if the planet Argus had a natural World-Soul all this time, how is possible that Velen didn't mention it at all? Seems like a really long shot to me.
    Would velen even know if Angus had a world soul? I know there's that quest where he mentions the soul of his world, but I think that's a metaphor.

But so far I don't think there's any evidence that anyone other than the titans and old Gods know anything about world souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Would velen even know if Angus had a world soul? I know there's that quest where he mentions the soul of his world, but I think that's a metaphor.

But so far I don't think there's any evidence that anyone other than the titans and old Gods know anything about world souls?
    IMO it would be reaaaaally weird that a guy so linked with the light and powerful like Velen didn't know or felt that a Baby-Titan was inside Argus, plus the Naaru that were with him, they didn't have a clue neither? or Kil' Jaeden or Archimonde, powerful as they were?

Seems forced to me, but again it wouldn't surprise me if they follow this path because we all know that Blizzard writing isn't the best.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

And then there's this?

Looks somewhat like Aggramar, but not really.

Argus could've had a world soul, prompting Sargeras to help create a titan who will help him bring about the end of all creation. After all, ending all life and all creation is Sargeras' goal. It goes hand-in-hand with being called "the Unmaker".

Just because it isn't mentioned that Argus has a world soul in Chronicle, it doesn't mean it actually doesn't. Perhaps Argus is a titan that can be saved; he could've been tortured into submission, but never submitted. Hell, we might not be even fighting him in the game, but actually end up saving him.

At this point in the game, we need entities like titans and Naaru to at least partially guide the storyline of WoW as we've plowed through lesser evils already and these would open the path to facing even greater threats.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-07-01 at 01:23 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I really do suspect, like some others have mentioned, that Argus' a (Half?) Titan forged out of the world soul/fel energies of the planet Argus.
    I also suspect that Wrathion might have something to do with this; maybe we fight or cleanse Argus to the point where we'd have the upper hand, and we'll be the ones "completing" the new (Half?) Titan.

Considering the fact that the model do resemble the Thunder King a lot makes me think this. Wrathion ate the heart of Lei Shen, and as other people have mentioned Lei Shen had the remaining powers of Aman'thul the Titan. I think the models look too much alike to be a coincidence, so we might end up making Argus Aman'thul v2.0 who might help the Army of Light "cleanse"/repair or destroy other Legion worlds.

I guess the Illidan as an "angle of Light" (bleugh) prophecy's still true, and I don't see them getting rid of the AotL just after we meet them, so they'll probably travel the universe fixing shit with Aman'thul v2.0 until we possibly find and fight Sargeras some time in the future.

Edit:
    Considering some other Titans seem to be in the raid as well it's also highly likely that Argus will just end up as a "host" for ALL of their remaining power.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    He's probably Argus' world-soul. Anyone who thinks its Sargeras is fucking autistic.

Infracted.
    Oh gosh. I don't think it's Sargeras, personally, but now I'm really hoping it is just because I'd love to see you be wrong about this!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    And then there's this?

Looks somewhat like Aggramar, but not really.
    they just used a dark watcher as placeholder

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Oh gosh. I don't think it's Sargeras, personally, but now I'm really hoping it is just because I'd love to see you be wrong about this!
    The model doesn't even look anything close to Sargeras. It looks like something that would've been in Throne of Thunder with all that blue going on.

He's probably Argus' world-soul. Anyone who thinks its Sargeras is fucking autistic.

Infracted.
    Infract this dick, mods. I can have a vulgar opinion if I want to. >:l This is murica

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshKamel View Post
    I really do suspect, like some others have mentioned, that Argus' a (Half?) Titan forged out of the world soul/fel energies of the planet Argus.
    I also suspect that Wrathion might have something to do with this; maybe we fight or cleanse Argus to the point where we'd have the upper hand, and we'll be the ones "completing" the new (Half?) Titan.

Considering the fact that the model do resemble the Thunder King a lot makes me think this. Wrathion ate the heart of Lei Shen, and as other people have mentioned Lei Shen had the remaining powers of Aman'thul the Titan. I think the models look too much alike to be a coincidence, so we might end up making Argus Aman'thul v2.0 who might help the Army of Light "cleanse"/repair or destroy other Legion worlds.

I guess the Illidan as an "angle of Light" (bleugh) prophecy's still true, and I don't see them getting rid of the AotL just after we meet them, so they'll probably travel the universe fixing shit with Aman'thul v2.0 until we possibly find and fight Sargeras some time in the future.

Edit:
    Considering some other Titans seem to be in the raid as well it's also highly likely that Argus will just end up as a "host" for ALL of their remaining power.
    I don't know. I don't always agree with the "Blizzard's writing is shit" crowd. Imo blizzard just keeps it all grounded to just being.. a story that compliments the game and their general attitude (a lot of the guys at Blizzard seem like massive Nerds), the D&D rule of cool, so to say - it might not be linear at times, shit gets retconned a lot, but in the end, I think you could objectively view the things they've done to the story as just.. making it more "epic" in the most simple, uncomplicated way.

That being said, I could totally see this being a thing. A titan born from a once shining world, turned into the base of operations for the force that has set out to destroy every living being in existence, ending up being the turning point for the remaining forces that stand against said forces of destruction. It would explain, why Argus, despite having a somewhat sinister look (the spikes, the spectral, ghostly blue appearance) isn't really corrupted by Void or Fel, nor infused with light.

He essentially looks like a Titan (or titan construct at the very least), that has no clear alignment. He doesn't look welcoming, he doesn't look nice. But he clearly doesn't look corrupted by any currently known force that is against Azeroth and the remaining living beings in the game's universe. In a game's universe where alignment with said forces is usually made plainly obvious by the Light/Fel or Void color palette.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    He essentially looks like a Titan (or titan construct at the very least), that has no clear alignment. He doesn't look welcoming, he doesn't look nice. But he clearly doesn't look corrupted by any currently known force that is against Azeroth and the remaining living beings in the game's universe. In a game's universe where alignment with said forces is usually made plainly obvious by the Light/Fel or Void color palette.
    Yeah, this! I found this pretty interesting as well. It's like it's just the shell so far.
    Also feel like the "the Unmaker" thing could go both ways - either "unmake" things the way Algalon was supposed to, or unmake all the damages the Legion has done. It doesn't mean anything - "yet".

I'm really wondering what will happen to Argus on the sky-box after this patch. If it's exploded, being cleansed in some way or just stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    The main problem is still that he doesn't look like full-scale Titan... and he can't be it either as the Argus is still a planet that we walk on.
    We don't know that that's not possible. We don't know how titans physically work. A lot of people have gone off the assumption that a titan awakening transforms a planet into a humanoid-shape and kills everything on it in the process, but that's just an assumption so far (the Chronicle does not give us details), and that actually goes against the obsession with life (even on non-titan planets) that the titans have. Also, the initial description of titans say that they're buried in worlds, not that they're necessarily literally the planet itself. In other words, it's possible that they emerge from a planet instead, and leave the sort of hole we see on Argus. This could still be deadly, but something much easier to plan for (and something that the eredar might have had reluctantly happen to their world if Sargeras made an artificial titan there).
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I get a strong Thunder King vibe from him. Looks to me like he could be related to Mogu or Trolls? Or maybe he's the Titan that created the Draenei?
    I thought that too. If you compared them, while the actual designs of things are different, it has an extremely similar silhouette and color scheme. At first I even thought the model might actually be a slightly redesigned Golganneth, since he's known as the Thunderer and could easily have a similar design (even if that's not where Lei Shen got his power).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    What if 7.3 isn't the final raid at all?
    I'm actually starting to wonder that myself. There's speculation that Argus the Unmaker is to hide Sargeras being the last boss, or that we won't fight Sargeras, but there are still other possibilities. On an older thread about guessing the bosses in the final raid, a couple of posters proposed the idea of there being multiple raids.

This doesn't have to mean a 7.4 or a new tier necessarily either. Imagine, for instance, that after 7.3.5 and Antorus, the Burning Throne finally opens, the raid is completed by a guild, and it has a cutscene where... Sargeras emerges and everything falls apart, leaving us on a cliffhanger.

Then, after some more time has passed, we build up to 7.3.75 or something, and there's one final raid. It's a much shorter raid, but the entire thing is about fighting Sargeras.

I'm talking:
    Boss Fight 1: Fight your way to safety as Sargeras is tearing the place apart
    Boss Fight 2: Get Sargeras' attention so he doesn't just cleave Azeroth in two
    Boss Fight 3: Survive for a period of time until you can get reinforcements, like the entire sky filled with space ships (kinda like Archimonde in Warcraft III).
    Boss Fight 4: Unleash everything we've ever had on Sargeras, then head down to Azeroth to fire Big Betty into the portal to finish him off.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-01 at 11:30 PM.

Eonar is a boss in the raid if that says anything.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The model doesn't even look anything close to Sargeras. It looks like something that would've been in Throne of Thunder with all that blue going on.

Infract this dick, mods. I can have a vulgar opinion if I want to. >:l This is murica
    Lmao there's something wrong in your head lolol
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    My theory, which I post in another thread.
    Argus is actually a prison for Titan souls that Sargeras “captured”. Like Mardum was prison for demons. And Argus the Unmaker is their jailor, fel corrupted World Soul, using Avatar. We know that Sargeras dont kill Titans, unless they stands againts him or are Void Corrupted. Aggramar were killed by Sargeras and his soul could be captured by him and later imprisoned on Argus. Just like another possible World Souls that Sargeras could find during his long Burning Crusade. Souls of Pantheon Titans were sent on Azeroth and, if I'm not mistaken, Eonar's soul is inside Freya. I assume that we bring Keepers with us to Argus, so she could be captured by Argus the Unmaker.
    And now we have a way how to beat Sargeras, because without help of another Titans, I doubt we have any chance against him.
    Anyway, I hope that we don't kill him, but only weaken him, so Void Lords can turn him into Void Titan…