Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    The CBO can fucking blow me... go to an Emergency room for a cut finger and then look at the bill and see how much they charge for a band-aid and then come back to me talking about the CBO.
    The cost amounts to all the personnel, time, and resources being spent to treat your finger as opposed to helping someone who actually needs emergent help. And honestly, if your fundamental grasp on what emergency medicine is is weak, I don't really see a reason to maintain any faith that you actually comprehend the far more complex issues regarding healthcare.

Deleted

No, I'm angry at a lot of people over this topic and they all deserve it. The finger pointers both for Democrats and Republicans, pissed off at Obamacare AND the new system, pissed off at NO ONE not getting pissed off at the healthcare system like you who think we should just look to politicians who have done nothing but fuck it up for 8+ years for a lot of this country ... THEY are the one's who are making this fucking problem and the Healthcare system just makes BILLIONS and BILLIONS off of it and no one gets pissed off at them.
    There are lots of people who were not happy with either president or either system and camapigned intelligently for healthcare reform.

They didn't throw their toys out of the pram and do stupid shit, then blame other people for it.

Why should Trump supporters not take the blame for Trumpcare?

US healthcare needs real reforms. It needs price regulation. It needs left wing policies that have worked in numerous other countries.

Why did you think tax cuts for the rich was a viable healthcare plan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you link that reddit post, or are you just making shit up to be a poor victim?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy people who don't have a clue about healthcare ranting about things they don't understand. Never gets old. Nope.

But rant away. I, of course, fully expect you to rant even harder when the GOP plan makes everything even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I do enjoy people who don't have a clue about healthcare ranting about things they don't understand. Never gets old. Nope.

But rant away. I, of course, fully expect you to rant even harder when the GOP plan makes everything even worse.
    I almost hope they pass this thing. It's approval rating combined with Trump's approval is still short of 50%. Passing this would have to be the deathknell for a GOP controlled congress in 2018.

Deleted
    You know what, you can joke about it but it was a hell of a lot better than BOTH parties did and now it's a complete clusterfuck because of BOTH PARTIES.
    I don't know. I'm guessing those what, 20 odd million people that got insurance thanks to the ACA might disagree with you there, Dorothy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Support for trumpcare is around 17%. Support for Obamacare is over 50% at the moment. #MAGA

http://www.businessinsider.com/quinn...re-ahca-2017-3

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/23/obama...oll-shows.html

>lets blame the democrats for a law the republicans are trying to pass

Do people really exist that think if Obamacare were simply repealed that prices would drop to 2008-2009 levels?

Trump supporters do shoulder some blame. For several years republicans have wanted to repeal Obamacare and they've never given a detailed replacement. Trump made impossible promises with healthcare as well. Trump supporters who believed his ridiculous lies were willfully deluding themselves.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2017-07-02 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and then come back to me talking about the CBO.
    Okay. "The CBO knows about, researches, and cares about people who are not you."

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Results may vary.

And your taxpayer money never went to health care for illegal immigrants, other than they had the same ability to dine-and-dash as American citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    I can't imagine how your story is real
    Was it the $100 bucks a month? Because that sounds like one of the plans that didn't actually cover health care when you needed it and the ACA made illegal.

@america Why not install socialized single payer healthcare? Helps everybody, costs less than any system you have right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Was it the $100 bucks a month? Because that sounds like one of the plans that didn't actually cover health care when you needed it and the ACA made illegal.
    It doesn't have to be. Did he have kids in those 8 years? Change jobs? Change income level? Change state?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    @america Why not install socialized single payer healthcare? Helps everybody, costs less than any system you have right now.
    Because even remotely coming to that ideal is evil liberals. ACA in principle is the only way to have insurance intertwined with healthcare, while providing as much coverage as possible. That's why it's such a shit show to get a replacement. You cannot go more privatized without millions losing healthcare and you cannot go single payer, because that's just evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Do people really exist that think if Obamacare were simply repealed that prices would drop to 2008-2009 levels?

Trump supporters do shoulder some blame. For several years republicans have wanted to repeal Obamacare and they've never given a detailed replacement. Trump made impossible promises with healthcare as well. Trump supporters who believed his ridiculous lies were willfully deluding themselves.
    I was arguing with people who claimed Trump supported universal coverage, days before the election.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Why not install socialized single payer healthcare? Helps everybody, costs less than any system you have right now.
    Oh, please. Show me a single country where that works.

I mean, besides that one.

And those three.

And the next twelve.

And basically all of Europe.

Etc. etc. sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The extreme cost of healthcare in the US started way before the ACA, infact the ACA slightly slowed the rate at which it was rising. People have a short memory and forget what was happening to the cost of healthcare/insurance in the early 2000s.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I'm going to have to say that we should make Jimcare the official healthcare of America. Mr. Jefferies has stolen only the best parts of other country's healthcare and combined them into a Frankenstein-like abomination of goodness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because the Republicans are the ones who spent 6 years with majority control in the House attempting to repeal the ACA instead of spending 6 years actually working on improving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Actually millions of people around the country are. What do you think the push for Universal Healthcare is about?

Try ranting less on reddit and paying more attention to what real people are doing in real life.
    Universal Healthcare is more about coverage and insurance and not the actual healthcare system. I was reading from Reddit and talked about it here, I don't post on Reddit cause there are way too many degenerate idiots over there ... here, not so much. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    So you are basically asking for a single payer system with price controls?
    No, I was asking you to go and do it so you can see how psychotically they charge for things that do not need to be excessive. I know some peeps here can just stroll in, get shit fixed and voila but actually look at your bill next time to see what the hospital charged. It's off the charts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

I never said that they would ... I dunno why I expected to have a conversation over here instead of Reddit. I know they won't drop and what I am saying is about the healthcare system and how it charges way too much but instead of blaming them, or Obamacare or the current system (which is failing btw, ACA is sucking wind even before it gets changed) that it's Trump Supporters who are ruining this when a lot of Trump Supporters got wrecked BECAUSE of Obamacare. Geezus christ, I wish people would fucking READ more and ASSUME less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You seem to be missing the point. You agree health care is a problem, then get angry at republican politicians. They aren't attempting to improve healthcare. The singular goal is tax cuts for the rich.

Even if they do a repeal you think your costs are going to go back to what they were before? Health care inflation is rising faster than other aspects of the economy.
    Bingo.

Obamacare being good, being bad, at this point is irrelevant. The point is the Republican bill in the Senate right now is even worse.

If you're upset about Obamacare, you should also be upset about Trumpcare, because whatever you think of Obamacare, Trumpcare is worse. You should instead be joining us and championing for a better healthcare system that will help everyone.

Repealing Obamacare is one thing, but be aware of what you're replacing it with.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Universal Healthcare is more about coverage and insurance and not the actual healthcare system. I was reading from Reddit and talked about it here, I don't post on Reddit cause there are way too many degenerate idiots over there ... here, not so much. :P

- - - Updated - - -

No, I was asking you to go and do it so you can see how psychotically they charge for things that do not need to be excessive. I know some peeps here can just stroll in, get shit fixed and voila but actually look at your bill next time to see what the hospital charged. It's off the charts.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said that they would ... I dunno why I expected to have a conversation over here instead of Reddit. I know they won't drop and what I am saying is about the healthcare system and how it charges way too much but instead of blaming them, or Obamacare or the current system (which is failing btw, ACA is sucking wind even before it gets changed) that it's Trump Supporters who are ruining this when a lot of Trump Supporters got wrecked BECAUSE of Obamacare. Geezus christ, I wish people would fucking READ more and ASSUME less.
    Yeah, Trump or Congressional Republicans aren't going to help you at all. If you were super concerned about healthcare and you still voted for Trump/GOP... well, you're about to reap what you sewed. Sorry.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect