Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It's good enough for all of normal, but past the first three boss's in heroic: your heals better be badass lol. You may live to 5/9, but you'll probably need 910 to go 6/7/8 and you'll need 915-920 for heroic KJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I mean... that's weirdly what I feel as well. The only ones I've seen use "nhc" used is by people that only pug and I've been literally in every raiding situation you can be in this game.
    Is it non-heroic? it can be both Normal and Mythic, is it new heroic aka mythic? is it normal heroic? What the hell is nhc?
    Or the players already played before there was a need for mythic. you know back then when wow was good.

Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    Why, when it only drop 900 gear. The logic is mind boggling.
    Only if you don't understand how item level and raiding works. First of all, it doesn't "only drop 900 gear". It drops WF & TF too! Second of all, just because you are 908 does not mean all your slots are 900+. Remember two of your slots are 970, right? Which means you might be 908 with your legendaries and 895 without them. Even among the rest of your gear, you might have a 920TF from your last raid, but you've still got that 890 chest you've never been able to replace. And at the end of the day, it's all about supply and demand. As long as you can easily fill a raid with 900+, the ONLY reason to take <900 is if you already know the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    Need 925. Link curve. One shot grp. Will check armory, be good or be kicked. 7/9M RL boosting friend. reserved loot
    I would laugh if it wasn't actually true.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    "nhc" So do you mean mythic?
    Anyone who writes "NHC" is a complete garbage player and you know the raid is going to be shit.
    I thought NHC was a European thing? Their slang?
    I've always simply typed N for normal, H for heroic, M for mythic. Don't see any point in confusing things with more letters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    Need 925. Link curve. One shot grp. Will check armory, be good or be kicked. 7/9M RL boosting friend. reserved loot
    This has not been my experience yet this tier, although it will be more common when you can fill a group this way. I've been in discord several times while the RL was filling group, often while talking about it with the rest of us. The common expectation seems to be that you will link something to show you have relevant experience. If you can link that you've done that boss before, that's perfect. If not, the closest you've come. As for item level, it's all supply and demand, with you against whoever else applies. Most groups do set some number, because you won't attract 925s if they think the rest of your group is 890s.

If NHC is "non-heroic", does that mean you use HC for heroic? Why do you need the C to tell you H is Heroic rather than Mythic? Why do you need anything but N, H, and M?

I agree NHC is a ridiculous word that should not be used by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I mean... that's weirdly what I feel as well. The only ones I've seen use "nhc" used is by people that only pug and I've been literally in every raiding situation you can be in this game.
    Is it non-heroic? it can be both Normal and Mythic, is it new heroic aka mythic? is it normal heroic? What the hell is nhc?
    The term nhc is from a time where there was only heroic and non heroic mode. Mythic pugs are almost non existant and no one forms a pug for lfr so NHC being normal is logical. Different countries have developed different wow terms, more news at 11.

Other funny examples of wow terms:
    LF 1 DPS for Guldan hc - What? You are looking for "ONE" damage per second? Mh maybe invite a classic paladin! Everyone else calls "dps's" DD's (damage dealers).
    Twinkraid - german realm term for alt raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    If NHC is "non-heroic", does that mean you use HC for heroic? Why do you need the C to tell you H is Heroic rather than Mythic? Why do you need anything but N, H, and M?
    How do you pronounce that in voice chat? "Hey mate wanna join my H raid?" (age raid?) Sounds weird man. Why use different terms in the ingame tool than what you would use in spoken language unless you badly need that one letter because of caps.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-07-03 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    The term nhc is from a time where there was only heroic and non heroic mode. Mythic pugs are almost non existant and no one forms a pug for lfr so NHC being normal is logical. Different countries have developed different wow terms, more news at 11.

Other funny examples of wow terms:
    LF 1 DPS for Guldan hc - What? You are looking for "ONE" damage per second? Mh maybe invite a classic paladin! Everyone else calls "dps's" DD's (damage dealers).
    Twinkraid - german realm term for alt raid.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you pronounce that in voice chat? "Hey mate wanna join my H raid?" (age raid?) Sounds weird man. Why use different terms in the ingame tool than what you would use in spoken language unless you badly need that one letter because of caps.
    ? We're talking about typing abbreviations, or were. In voice chat I usually say "heroic".

? We're talking about typing abbreviations, or were. In voice chat I usually say "heroic".
    See we germanz say HC/NHC in voice chat too, so overall we win more time than you with your scrapping of one typed letter . <3
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-07-03 at 10:50 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tanked Kil'Jaeden in all greens
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

OT:

I tanked tomb normal with 906 on my DH alt got some gear in the process and was able to join a hc group in which i killed 8/9, the week after I did nhc/hc and now I'm 922 equiped and have no problems getting into any groups. Have not tried KJ because it sucks with pugs and I dont want to waste time progressing with pugs on an alt char.

It honestly was easier to get a group the first week with even lower gear because groups badly needed tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    See we germanz say HC/NHC in voice chat too, so overall we win more time than you with your scrapping of one typed letter . <3
    Germans are weird. As long as I've been playing WoW I have never seen anyone say DD. Or any other MMO game.

I thought NHC was a European thing? Their slang?
    I've always simply typed N for normal, H for heroic, M for mythic. Don't see any point in confusing things with more letters.

- - - Updated - - -
    When I say EU, I mean the EU realms that have English as an official language, not the French, German, Russian or whichever other languages have their own realms these days. And on said English EU realms, NHC has never been a standard. I stared playing 2 weeks after TBC launch, and last patch doing NH pugs, was the first time I ever saw the term.

The standard abbreviations have always been the following:

Normal: N, or simply no abbreviation ("LFM NH, fast clear" implies Normal mode, and can be seen all over the place"
    Heroic: HC. I know some ppl use H, but I have never seen that in-game, only here on forums (usually from US players).
    Mythic: M and MC were both used early WoD, but MC seems to have died out, and M has become the standard.

NHC doesn't even make sense, is it supposed to be Normal Heroic? Non-Heroic? The former makes no sense, and the latter can imply both LFR, Normal and Mythic.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Support OpenRaid and let the community help you
    This pretty much.
    OpenRaid has become more sustained in terms of good groups as 'the kids' just goes to the ingame dungeon tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToS normal can actually drop upgrades for 905 ilvl players, you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danii View Post
    This pretty much.
    OpenRaid has become more sustained in terms of good groups as 'the kids' just goes to the ingame dungeon tool.
    I've always considered 'the kids' to be most the ones in OpenRaid and the dungeon tool, while the rest of us have cross server raiding groups and guilds.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If you're 905, I would assume most of your pieces to be around 890-895.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    900+ is enough for the whole raid in hc as far as I'm concerned
    try to tank KJ HC with a 900 tank + 900 healers

So a Normal ToS raid would be ideal for you to upgrade items. What is this obsession with forcing people to out gear instances before entering it and hoping for WF/TF procs?
    905 isn't outgearing it though. If your overall equipped ilvl is 905, and you got two 970 legendaries + a weapon that should be about 920-930, it leaves you with several pieces under 905. Thus making normal ToS the place to go for upgrades.

Personally I think I would set the bar at 900 ilvl for Normal, if I am looking into clearing the place, 895 should do for the first 4 or so bosses.

The thing is, we have no way to measure the skill level of puggers. Having 905 ilvl means they have atleast tried to gear up, and most likely have done some HC NH, which in turn means they probably got a clue about how to not stand in fire etc.

In a guild group, with people you know, even 890 would probably be enough for Normal ToS.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    try to tank KJ HC with a 900 tank + 900 healers
    Done that,my main blood DK might be 920,my paladin is 898 and tanked KJ HC just fine in our alt raid