Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can somebody explain this to me?

I get that classes like Paladins and Priests can't fly in their order halls because they're pretty small and everything is indoor. The Druid order hall is pretty big and I get why they can fly but why can't Warlocks or Monks? Their order halls are huge and very vast and it takes so much time riding around there, so why can Druids fly while other classes with similar "order hall circumstances" can't? Just because the Druid order hall is part of the Broken Isles?
    to be fair when you teleport to the dreamgrove the place with all the portals is no flying

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    No you don't.
    You clearly use the wrong sewer entrance then. Which is a bit lul worthy.

Deleted
    I do care because I dislike this inequality. Some classes get teleports to their order hall, some don't. Some classes can fly in their order hall, some can't. I think that's pretty... bad (lazy) game design.
    heres some more for you to cry about: some classes can pet pvp in their order hall others dont. some have mailboxes and others dont.

It's called variation. You want equality you get the most boring game in the world.

Because some Class Halls are on different map files, ones which don't have flying, if they were to have flying they would need to redesign the zones or add a lot of invisible walls all around the place which just ruins it. It's fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Gotta love this millennial generation: Someone else has something I don't, so I wants it, I needs it!
    Exactly this.

No surprise a lot of things like class uniqueness, exclusive items, etc. tend to disappear with this mentality. And Blizzard is listening to ppl like this!

I do care because I dislike this inequality. Some classes get teleports to their order hall, some don't. Some classes can fly in their order hall, some can't. I think that's pretty... bad (lazy) game design.
    You are not special, no one gets the same shit, deal with it. Welcome to real life?

What is this thread even..

I do. That's exactly the reason it bothers me. Right now I've got 6 110s (Warlock, Shaman, Priest, Paladin, Monk and Druid) and it's a hell of a difference a) how you get to your order hall and b) how much time you need there to go from place A to B.

It's super annoying as a Druid that you've got an extra loading screen and need to pass a non fly area first and it's more than annoying as a Warlock that your order hall is so huge and you need so much time to get from point A to B and you need to pass the Sewers... I appreciate the different approaches of them but at least every class should have a teleport to their order hall but well... yeah.
    But that all is offset by the Druids getting a super nice secluded area only for themselves, and portals to all the big portals in lore. And Warlocks get the instant complete thing, don't they? Druids don't. There's pros and cons to all classes, Druids for example don't get the instant complete Warlocks get. It's annoying as fuck to do Darkbrul, ok????

Besides, iirc the warlock place is just you jump down to the sewers and move past, similar to how Rogues have it? I don't think it's that bad, nor that much of a distance.

In all the outdoor class hall zones that don't allow flying, the only place you would want to fly is around the actual quest hall area. Flying out of it would usually mean falling to your death into an abyss or into the Great Sea, both of which would just kill you in the game world. So rather than make you have to take a spirit Rez or do an impossible corpse run, you don't get to fly. So get the heck over it.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

It make it more interesting why is it when they port to there order hall they have to first enter a no mount zone (where the portals are that take you all over the place) before entering a portal that suddenly lets you fly? SJWs we need you!!???!?!!?

Druids don't have a repair vendor in their COH

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    Druids don't have a repair vendor in their COH
    Well we can mount there, who needs a static repair vendor then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well we can mount there, who needs a static repair vendor then?
    every druid while flying in their COH

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    What is this thread even..
    This thread is about bad game design. I find it hilarious that people are calling me a Millennial when I'm one of the guys missing Vanilla attunements etc. How ridiculous.

Man some people will fucking cry about anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfo_my_internets View Post
    Yes, wanting something someone else has started with millenials.
    BTW, what started with millennials in my opinion is not that someone wants what others have, but that you want it without putting any effort into it. While the post-war generation had the "If I want something that someone else has, I need to work harder to get there" opinion (on which BTW the capitalistic society was built upon), it has completely switched to "I have an inherent right to everything that everyone else has, because of equality".

Equality has never been about everyone has the same stuff, just that everyone has the same opportunities. You want flight in your class hall? Roll a drood or a hunter. You have the right, the ability and the means to do so, so you are in fact equal to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You clearly use the wrong sewer entrance then. Which is a bit lul worthy.
    He is right though, not all players have bad latency. With my 11 ms latency its impossible to fly to the portal before I get dismounted. You are once again wrong on a topic, seems like that is your thingy .

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    BTW, what started with millennials in my opinion is not that someone wants what others have, but that you want it without putting any effort into it. While the post-war generation had the "If I want something that someone else has, I need to work harder to get there" opinion (on which BTW the capitalistic society was built upon), it has completely switched to "I have an inherent right to everything that everyone else has, because of equality".

Equality has never been about everyone has the same stuff, just that everyone has the same opportunities. You want flight in your class hall? Roll a drood or a hunter. You have the right, the ability and the means to do so, so you are in fact equal to everyone else.
    The boomer generation was handed massive economic prosperity on a silver platter and has spent the last forty years burning the bridges behind them in some bizarre, narcissistic effort to prove they never needed the bridges in the first place. They had almost-free college, cheap healthcare, massive job opportunity, a robust pension system, affordable housing, and basically every other possible advantage, and now they've spent decades sadistically trying to ensure everyone after them does not have any of those things. They refuse to even hand off the reigns of power to the generation after them, as every generation before has done. They just keep getting older and older and refuse to cede control of the government and the economy.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Typically the ones who can't mount have a much smaller hall and some sort of speed boost. Warlocks can't fly but can ground mount, but their order hall is more spread out than priests.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    He is right though, not all players have bad latency. With my 11 ms latency its impossible to fly to the portal before I get dismounted. You are once again wrong on a topic, seems like that is your thingy .
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Or you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSdiQ3a_E4E

This is the warlock class hall, even with 11ms, you fly in, sharp turn right, go down, and with good ms that'd be about when you dismount. You proceed to have a 2 second walk, and you're at the portal.

Crying over a 2 second walk? That's a bit sad. But I wouldn't expect more from Warlocks, that seems to be how you all handle your problems.

No wonder Warlocks are known as the crybaby class :')