Poll: Tinker as a playable class in WoW - Yes or No?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No. Five years ago I could have said yes, but not after all the spam from tinkerjerk club.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Goblin and Gnome tech is a joke. It's comic relief. Not something you center an entire expansion or class around unless you also want your entire class or expansion to be a joke.
    That was the same sentiment people had about MoP and the Pandaren and, while there are still people who are resentful about that whole expansion, it's often brought up as a favorite among the community. While I wouldn't condone an entire expansion about Goblins and Gnomes, I see no reason why the Tinker would be maligned. We already have Goblin and Gnome tech through engineering and both races, despite being "comedic relief", are playable.

Anyways, I bring it up as a favorite of the community because there are constantly threads and posts about people wanting it to be playable. Only Demon Hunters seemed to have more support before the Legion announcement. There are others that are brought up, like Necromancer, Bard, Spellbreaker, and Timewalker, but only Tinkers have threads that are dozens of pages long.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

It's also relevant to remember that we who come into forums to discuss lore and future expansions are a very small minority within the playerbase, and thus even if we had many results with a seemingly appropriate sample size, the sample itself would be flawed in order to make an inference into the entire wow playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, I am creating a survey to get an obvious and clear view how much the community wants the Tinker class.
    This one has almost a 1000 votes. Why do we need a second one?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=tinker
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post

Out of 33 people voting for classes...
    Nobody is banned from voting. For the record I personally think Tinker is retarded.

My vote is no more classes ever. Takes a lot of effort to balance.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

yes pls it would be a good and cool class
    Bitch Pls

Would much rather not see any new classes for a good while. All that's left to create are silly ideas or crossovers/slight alterations between already existing classes making balancing and group compositions much more difficult to manage. We've already got 12 classes with what, 36 different specs all competing for 20 raid spots if we're talking Mythic (which is the only difficulty that concerns me hence my opinion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be fun if done right...but wouldn't be my first option for the next new class. (Probably rather some classes get a 4th spec instead of a new class)

Going with No. I just don't like steampunk shit that much and that is what a Tinker is in a world like WoW. If I wanted robots and steam armor I'd play a game with Mechs as a focal point.

I know they exist and have for a while in WoW, but they are one of my least favorite things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Would much rather not see any new classes for a good while. All that's left to create are silly ideas or crossovers/slight alterations between already existing classes making balancing and group compositions much more difficult to manage. We've already got 12 classes with what, 36 different specs all competing for 20 raid spots if we're talking Mythic (which is the only difficulty that concerns me hence my opinion).
    And this, I don't understand the constant desire for new classes. This isn't a Moba I don't need 100 classes, I'd rather limited classes and greater amount of races.

It don't happen next expansion most likely anyway. 2 years from this will be more relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    That was the same sentiment people had about MoP and the Pandaren and, while there are still people who are resentful about that whole expansion, it's often brought up as a favorite among the community. While I wouldn't condone an entire expansion about Goblins and Gnomes, I see no reason why the Tinker would be maligned. We already have Goblin and Gnome tech through engineering and both races, despite being "comedic relief", are playable.

Anyways, I bring it up as a favorite of the community because there are constantly threads and posts about people wanting it to be playable. Only Demon Hunters seemed to have more support before the Legion announcement. There are others that are brought up, like Necromancer, Bard, Spellbreaker, and Timewalker, but only Tinkers have threads that are dozens of pages long.
    That's fair, I guess. I suppose it's entirely possible for Blizzard to pull a crazy good expansion out of their figurative asses using the whole goblin/gnome tinker theme. I just wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

Well, I read so many posts in the last days (from like 3 different guys) that Tinker has so much community support that I just want to know:

How big is the desire of having a Tinker class? There's nothing better than a survey to get the answer!
    You could just use the search option man, because there's been several polls about this. We recently had one that was very similar to this one, and it had over 1000 votes. Another recentone had the Tinker up against Bards and Necromancers and it beat both handily.

I don't know why people doubt the Tinker's popularity, or why they think Teriz is behind some vast conspiracy. Before Legion there were several polls between Demon Hunters and Tinker's, and the Tinker gave the DH a run for it's money. In some cases it actually polled better. Make no mistake, the Tinker is a VERY popular concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am creating a survey to get an obvious and clear view how much the community wants the Tinker class.
    Except the entire community doesn't post here, meaning you aren't getting any kind of genuine consensus on the matter.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-C != 'the community'. Aside from the self-selection of people who take the poll (which already invalidates the results), this community is much more serious and hardcore than the general WoW population.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long one the specs is ranged and has an spammable generator(like arcane shot) with the spender abilities without casting time and cooldows, im all up for it

And ofc, some steampunk vibe to it.

So yeah if they suddenly come up with something really radical that changed the time old resource build/spend or combo build/spend for DPS or just spammerific healing, or derp derp I get threat tanking by pushing any button and then push one of 3 buttons when big damage is coming then sure. If not just work with what you got to get them where they need to be.

Just really haven't seen that be the case as far as I can tell. Mostly its just rename other abilities, change how they look, and then mash them together in a slightly different combo to created a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well according to THIS

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...choice-edition

Tinkers ARE the most popular choice for an actual new class. Then again I mispelled Necromancer
    Yeah, but you left out the clear winner : sea witch.

Nope, no need for a stupid glorified engineer class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not. For a number of reasons:
    -Ghostcrawler was right, Tinkers are too whimsical
    -To make certain posters unhappy
    -WoW's technological aspect is better off being left in the background
    -Nothing regarding the Tinker fantasy interests me in the slightest
    -Most arguments for Tinker (weapons, armor type, etc.) have been solved through personal loot
    -There are a handful of far more interesting ideas for classes than Tinkers
    -Treads on Survival Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well according to THIS

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...choice-edition

Tinkers ARE the most popular choice for an actual new class. Then again I mispelled Necromancer
    The Anti-Tinker vote is split 5 different ways. The only "class" option other than Tinker that could standalone in this game currently is Necromancer, and 4th specs etc. dilutes the value of the poll more.