Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

What Happened to Occupy Wallstreet?

Often I hear things about BLM protests, organized Pride events, Feminist rallies, and more, but Occupy Wall Street seems to have vanished. When I searched YouTube on the topic, the only recent uploads were seemingly old videos of Ben Shapiro and topless women protesters. Their website hasn't even posted any news since February. I often wonder if "divide and conquer" tactics were used to separate the supposed "99%" into smaller groups based on gender, sex, sexuality, race, etc for easier control by the government. Is that no more than a conspiracy or did the Occupy Wall Street just disperse because it wasn't effective or because people opted to focus in on issues that affected them more as individuals?

What do you guys think happened to Occupy Wall Street and what are your opinions of it in hindsight?

It was mostly about people not wanting to pay back student loans.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of months into laying in piles of their own filth on public property, they realized they had no leadership, no goals, and were retarded, so they went back to their parents' houses.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-07-04 at 07:19 PM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It was mostly about people not wanting to pay back student loans.
    I do vaguely remember that being a big part of their platform. Shame that was its focus rather than trying to reduce the costs of university necessities like textbooks or making the middle-class more accessible with more degrees. Not every art or liberal arts degree student can realistically enter that class easily in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    A couple of months into laying in piles of their own filth on public property, they realized they had no leadership, no goals, and were retarded, so they went back their parents' houses.
    Was the leadership really that bad? I didn't really follow it during its prime since I was younger and in the military at the time with a steady income.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    A couple of months into laying in piles of their own filth on public property, they realized they had no leadership, no goals, and were retarded, so they went back to their parents' houses.
    But didn't clean up their sites, they left that to wallstreet.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

They were harassed and forced to move basically. Than the movement got folded into other similarity minded groups.

Only the ignorant and wealthy are in favor of slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They were harassed and forced to move basically. Than the movement got folded into other similarity minded groups.

Let us know when slavery occurs again in the US! I wouldn't want to miss it.

I'm pretty sure they were the ones harassing...wasn't that kind of the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yat-Yas View Post
    I do vaguely remember that being a big part of their platform. Shame that was its focus rather than trying to reduce the costs of university necessities like textbooks or making the middle-class more accessible with more degrees. Not every art or liberal arts degree student can realistically enter that class easily in my opinion.
    That's their own fault for chasing a stupid ass fucking degree then. Hate the player, not the game.

And only the ignorant and poor are into redistribution of wealth.

Everything is fine and dandy right up until you run out of the money of other people.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Often I hear things about BLM protests, organized Pride events, Feminist rallies, and more, but Occupy Wall Street seems to have vanished. When I searched YouTube on the topic, the only recent uploads were seemingly old videos of Ben Shapiro and topless women protesters. Their website hasn't even posted any news since February. I often wonder if "divide and conquer" tactics were used to separate the supposed "99%" into smaller groups based on gender, sex, sexuality, race, etc for easier control by the government. Is that no more than a conspiracy or did the Occupy Wall Street just disperse because it wasn't effective or because people opted to focus in on issues that affected them more as individuals?

What do you guys think happened to Occupy Wall Street and what are your opinions of it in hindsight?
    Just like BLM they all fade into nothingness, if you want a movement to stand the test of time you have to take political action. They did not want to go corporate, if you want your ideals to matter you have to have politicians you trust run for office and get organized. BLM and Occupy wall street will suffer the same because they have no leadership, no organization and no politicians they want elected. Democrats should take the tea party movement as an example they protested then let the Koch brothers fund and elect people, I just don't understand the stupidity of some of these people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

Oh really, care to point me to a slave market then?
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

This movement was an attempt to peacefully take back our government. It's the kind of thing that happens before people that have been repeatedly wronged over generations finally say: "Well, we gave them one last chance to do the right thing."

Now I suspect that things will get far, far worse and bloodshed will be the only solution. People will ultimately only take so much. The anger that voted Trump in was misguided and foolish, but the anger is real. There's a whole lot of people who are wondering when they get cut a break or when they might merit a bailout. Instead, they literally voted in the exact people that will escalate this even more quickly by screwing them even harder. I honestly have no idea how anyone justified a vote for this conman to themselves.

I'm not that young. I am reasonably comfortable. I have no children. I basically don't give a damn what stupid shit some of you do to yourselves. I just shake my head and wonder how you can be that stupid. But I've been wondering how some of you walk and chew gum at the same time for years.

It's too bad it has come to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew a girl that was in occupy wall street. She now a school bus driver. I'm guessing the movement didn't pay off.

Look at who leads and organizes the other stuff you mentioned. Now look at who organized and led OWS. There's your answer.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    George Soros had to cut his expenses

Was the leadership really that bad? I didn't really follow it during its prime since I was younger and in the military at the time with a steady income.
    There is a video somewhere of Sen Elijah Cummings (Democrat and one of their supporters) trying to speak at one of the Occupy sites. Apparently the room devolved from a meeting to a open floor discussion, with no leaders, where people put forward motions to even allow the senator the speak because everyone was equal and he shouldn't be given standing above anyone else, just because he was a senator.

The Occupy movement seems to have dispersed into multiple groups now, that are disconnected from the Democratic (the party) institutions and infrastructure, which is anemic now after 2016 in either case.

Progressive, Left and Center-Left groups in the US now are in a bit of a quagmire as the national party that accepts them under its umbrella has little state level or national infrastructure to speak of except in Deep Blue Urban enclaves which, outside of traditional blue states, are being pinched by either State level legislation preventing local progressive reforms or they are seeing the dismantling of the Federal government regulatory infrastructure, under the current administration, that Progressivism requires to enact most policy points.

Hard to enact a regulatory agenda when EPA, HHS and IRS, etc are pushed to become half or less the size they used to be.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    People gave up after accomplishing nothing?

It was poorly organized with no real leadership and didn't gain support from anything. Was mostly ignored by the media after the first initial protests as well.

They had valid points about wealth inequality, bail outs for corporations, and money in politics. They just never got anywhere more than protesting, which ended up being largely ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the point again? With so many splinter-groups shoving their various messages in everyone's faces, there was no real way to grasp what the endgame was. Media didn't care, so people didn't care, and even the protesters themselves lost interest.

If no one can understand your message, you're not going to make much progress.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥