Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    What content would we get? Just going around and picking off the little guys, the heroes of the story doing grunt work? We took out the left and right hand men of Sarg in the last two expansions...if we take on Sarg himself...then what is left?

You think the Legion is going to be a huge threat to Azeroth after all of them are gone? Who knows how many masses of demons only serve in fear or Sarg himself? How many worlds surrendered and made pacts to serve him just to survive? We've seen a higher class Demon such as a Dreadlord can be redeemed...why not others?

What...the next expansion going to be a humanitarian mission to free Demons? Doesn't sound very exciting...

Yes they could make a new Demon expansion....if they want to shoot themselves in the foot...unless you know...you didn't notice how many people were fatigued of Orcs just from fighting them in the end of MoP and then again fighting them throughout WoD.

But no...I'm sure two Demon based expansions wouldn't fatigue people at all! (In case you didn't guess...I'm being sarcastic)

WoW is better off moving on from the Demons for now if not forever...
    Not saying they should, they could easily do it though. The story has been so watered down and retconned it really doesn't matter. A bunch of mortals should of never been able to beat Kj or ach in a straight up fight and you know when ever we get the Sarg fight its gonna be another horrible murder of lore. As I said the possibilities are limitless, using Argus to as Nexus across the cosmos you can turn the story any way you want.

-pop into a 3 way war with the legion, void/old gods and native species
    -assist enslaved population from breaking away from the legion
    -searching for Titan bastions for more artifacts to deal with Sargeraos
    ect

Personally never much appreciated Blizzard's alien themed zones very much (maybe nagrand?), so I'm glad we're getting three zones of end game content and nothing else, and not an entire expansion based on it.

Anything that's choked in trees, too alien or too fel just doesn't do it for me, and whilst Argus will be great for this expansion you can totally see why (with broken shore) why Blizzard took a rain check on an entire Argus expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Now that is a big steaming pile of shit coming from the developers.

Context.

Let's take a look for a second into what was set into stone about Argus prior to patch 7.3.

Hmm, let's see. It's the place where the Draenei/Eredar come from. It has Mac'Aree, which is pretty much just a name that's a reference to a developer. It is the seat of the Legion.

That's pretty much it.

I don't see any source that mentions Argus being completely destroyed by the Legion. Other than the picture they showed off at Blizzcon. And even if there was, Suramar used to be sunken, and they easily retconned that.

Are you telling me they can't pull a Mists of Pandaria on a handful of zones and make an expansion out of that?

"Oh well, the Ethereals got to that planet before the Legion could completely destroy it and they used some of the Draenei Crystals that could hide entire villages, and they hid those 3 zones blablabla."

Are you telling me that their vision for Argus is to be completely destroyed by the Legion, and that the whole planet is basically just a generic Felsoul Hold-like Legion area, and therefore it has to be reduced to just one zone that is gonna be the center of the game for like 6 months, where we do some shitty world quests and some shitty Broken Shore-esque storytelling quests, before we go into a probably very similar to Hellfire Citadel looking raid?

There are 3 possibilities I can see here.

1. They have finally lost it.
    2. They are intentionally misleading, like they were with Mists of Pandaria being not real, cause Pandaren were usually only used for jokes. Argus is actually gonna be a whole expansion, because, fuck, everything else would be an insult.
    3. They are actually gonna pull a Warlords of Draenor on Argus, tell us that this is what Argus looks like now, so let's go back in time and see Argus as it used to be. Chromie did some shit blabla created a portal to another dimension blabla, let's just go to Argus.

I would really love 3), even though I don't see it happening cause Horde players would cry about Alliance favoritism because another expansion on a Draenei homeworld in the past. I would be ok with 2), but let's not kid ourselves. It's 1).

Give me an Argus expansion or give me death.
    there is a difference between a savage planet for about 35 years
    and one that has had literal fucking demons on it for 10,000 years...

for fucks sakes can we stop this horrible argument? also we have seen there is buildings, but we only get to see a small potion of the planet

also no, they cant pull a "mop" because the planet is very limited

but ok, give me your adress and a gun, i wil give ya death
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Not saying they should, they could easily do it though. The story has been so watered down and retconned it really doesn't matter. A bunch of mortals should of never been able to beat Kj or ach in a straight up fight and you know when ever we get the Sarg fight its gonna be another horrible murder of lore. As I said the possibilities are limitless, using Argus to as Nexus across the cosmos you can turn the story any way you want.

-pop into a 3 way war with the legion, void/old gods and native species
    -assist enslaved population from breaking away from the legion
    -searching for Titan bastions for more artifacts to deal with Sargeraos
    ect
    Lore isn't watered down but ok. Argus as an expansion would be pretty difficult. That and we want to finish them off for good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Wow, ANOTHER stupid thread about how a demon infested planet for over 10000 years isn't picturesque perfect? People are getting dumber every day I swear.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

What are you talking about? They hid Shattrath with Leafshadow from the same Legion these zones on Argus could've stayed hidden from. Especially if they had better technology on Argus than they had on Draenor. Or if the Ethereals helped, who are very clearly on Argus, as we can see. God, people here lack so much imagination. No wonder you people want a shitty boring void expansion.
    "shitty boring void expansion" "or if the Ethereals helped, who are very clearly on Argus"

Yes, you mean the ethereals who are part of the heralding of the shitty, boring void expansion? Because, in case you didn't know, the ethereals, other than the one sect of them, are followers of the void.

Those ethereals on Argus are literally only there to usher in the start of the void.

I think a more likely scenario is that they simply didn't want to make a big expansion out of it. They probably wanted to wrap up the Legion story with this expansion, felt creatively hamstrung with their options regarding Argus, and figured it would work better as a patch zone.

We could finish off the Legion in this expansion, then discover zones on Argus that were untouched from the Legion, or discover portals on Argus to other worlds, that are untouched from the Legion. The Legion would be done, no more Legion theme. It would all be new stuff.
    There's literally no way in fuck there would be zones that the legion left untouched unless you're referring to all the void shit happening... but you don't like the void so uh... I don't think you want Argus to exist in the future. It would literally just be a void expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could always act like a normal Human and just stop playing and stop posting about something you obviously dislike?

But that would assume a level of self-awareness above pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suramar no longer being sunken was not a retcon. Also I don't think it was sunken, just lost. The Broken Shore was sunken though I believe.

If Suramar had been sunken, then raising it is just the next step in the story, not development.

As for Argus, saying that it's the Legion's homeworld implies that it's no longer a happy place. The Legion wouldn't be impressive if they left resistance or some life on their own planet. Therefore it's safe to say that Argus is completely fel-saturated and destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Suramar no longer being sunken was not a retcon. Also I don't think it was sunken, just lost. The Broken Shore was sunken though I believe.

If Suramar had been sunken, then raising it is just the next step in the story, not development.

As for Argus, saying that it's the Legion's homeworld implies that it's no longer a happy place. The Legion wouldn't be impressive if they left resistance or some life on their own planet. Therefore it's safe to say that Argus is completely fel-saturated and destroyed.
    The only thing in the Broken Isles that was sunken was the Tomb of Sargeras which Gul'dan I raised and was promptly killed after entering it. The Broken Isles themselves were seen in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne as Maive chases Illidan there as he is seeking the Eye of Sargeras to use it to destroy Icecrown after the Lich King escapes Kil'jaeden's control.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctirus View Post
    Argus is not the legion's homeworld. It is the Eredar's however.
    He said home base, not home world. The legion has in fact been using Argus as their home base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    He said home base, not home world. The legion has in fact been using Argus as their home base.
    Pretty sure he ninja edited it. Maybe im losing my mind, but yes he is correct in that regard, edited or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will you be serving whine at the funeral, sir? Silly me, of course you will.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hiding something from the eyes of some sailors and hiding something from the eyes of a Titan and a spacefaring race. Even if pandaria was rubbish, it was still more plausible than your proposed asspull.
    Especially when two of the main people in the burning legion want to completely eradicate the Draenei who refused Sargaras's offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    The only thing in the Broken Isles that was sunken was the Tomb of Sargeras which Gul'dan I raised and was promptly killed after entering it. The Broken Isles themselves were seen in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne as Maive chases Illidan there as he is seeking the Eye of Sargeras to use it to destroy Icecrown after the Lich King escapes Kil'jaeden's control.
    Correct, which is what I said. The Broken Isles remained above sea (Azsuna, Suramar, Stormheim etc). But the Broken Shore which included the Tomb were submerged. I don't think the Tomb was raised from the sea but not the Broken Shore. Just looking at it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    25000 years of demonic corruption. 25000 years

2.5*10^4

Makes totes sense to find some awesome landscapes there. Can I interest you in this nice retirement home in the 6th circle of hell? It's a tourist attraction according to the locals.
    Without reading the rest of the thread..... this. Like, I don't think you understand the notion of time if you think a planet under the complete and utter rule of a single governing authority wouldn't be under total control after 25 THOUSAND years. To give perspective, humans have only recognizable as something more than apes for around 50000 years (while this number is an estimate up for scientific debate it serves as at least a rough estimate.) Think about how far we've come from an ape to where we are in 50000 years now imagine a governing authority in charge for half that long, it is going to completely and utterly shape the entire world.

Shoulda chose the cake dude.

I get that there wouldn't be a green Nagrand type of zone on Argus but they could definitely make unique zones that don't all look like the Legion area's we have already seen on the Broken Isles. Seems like a lack of imagination to me. Especially when Argus is tied to so many other planets that could fill in whatever is missing from Argus itself.

yeah OP i am with you where is my rainbows unicorns and shit /s
    Bitch Pls