Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Without the means to force them to comply it's useless if they do not agree. They can just ignore you.
    Like I said, you're ignoring that sanctions and diplomatic pressure exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like I said, you're ignoring that sanctions and diplomatic pressure exist.
    Are you not reading my posts or something? You're delusional if you think there's going to be any other consequences than some words if he wouldn't be paid. It's not in the leaders interest to sanction a country due to one person not receiving money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you not reading my posts or something? You're delusional if you think there's going to be any other consequences than some words if he wouldn't be paid. It's not in the leaders interest to sanction a country due to one person not receiving money.
    Again, you're ignoring that sanctions and diplomatic pressures exist. Literally ignoring. Those ARE some of the potential consequences.

Again, you're ignoring that sanctions and diplomatic pressures exist. Literally ignoring. Those ARE some of the potential consequences.
    Potential, yeah. Very improbable to be applied in a case of a single person not receiving any payment. The most probable consequence is some words. I mean, sanctions were lifted against myanmar despite there being an ongoing genocide there, what makes you think the leaders in the world would sanction a country for not paying someone some money in light of this?

There's just going to be some words said and that's it if you don't pay. You won't face sanctions for it, not for a single person.

I'm not ignoring anything, I have explicitly mentioned sanctions in my posts and why it's not really going to happen but you seem to be selectively reading them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Singapore, the country that is controlled by 1 party.
    Only because that's the way the people vote. Is democracy only good if it's parties that align with your interests that are in power?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-05 at 01:04 AM.

Was he a Canadian citizen that just happened to be at a terrorist compound or is this some local kid that Canada gave refugee status to?

What about in regards to Cuba, Saudi Arabia and various other countries with human rights violations? I see reports from foreign affairs and foreign policy about how these countries continue to violate international rights. For instance Cuba refuses to compensate all the Cubans whose families were wrongfully jailed and killed. Iran continues along with its Sunni counterparts in engaging with terrorist groups and they also torture people too. So I find it very hard that the international community could even pressure them considering that the same people within the group continue to trade with them.

Suing a government, how laughable. There is no way for a single individual to stand up against a sovereign nation and enforce payment if they feel wronged.
    The hell? Suing the government if you feel wronged is definitely a thing, and for matters far less serious than being tortured as a minor. Whenever you win or not is another matter, but it's most definitely possible.

Because if I read this thread right, apparently sequestrating, torturing, and forcing confessions off child soldiers in front of a military tribunal is to be standard operating procedure, no problem with it? Cripes.

Can't wait to see this guys name in the news again in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The hell? Suing the government if you feel wronged is definitely a thing, and for matters far less serious than being tortured as a minor. Whenever you win or not is another matter, but it's most definitely possible.
    You can't enforce payment from them. They can basically tell you to fuck off and there's nothing you can do about it. If a government pays, it's because they want to, not because they have to.

Just so you know, brainwashing isn't actually a thing that works. It's sci-fi.
    Guess you haven't learned what religion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Guess you haven't learned what religion is.
    Religion isn't brainwashing despite the continued insistence of militant atheists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    What about in regards to Cuba, Saudi Arabia and various other countries with human rights violations? I see reports from foreign affairs and foreign policy about how these countries continue to violate international rights. For instance Cuba refuses to compensate all the Cubans whose families were wrongfully jailed and killed. Iran continues along with its Sunni counterparts in engaging with terrorist groups and they also torture people too. So I find it very hard that the international community could even pressure them considering that the same people within the group continue to trade with them.
    Well, Myanmar was sanctioned due to human rights violations but the sanctions were lifted in the midst of an ongoing genocide against the muslim population. So, I can't really say that the leaders care all that much about it.

Religion isn't brainwashing despite the continued insistence of militant atheists.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Myanmar was sanctioned due to human rights violations but the sanctions were lifted in the midst of an ongoing genocide against the muslim population. So, I can't really say that the leaders care all that much about it.
    Actually it is. Religion forces children to believe what the parents do all the fucking time. Tell that to religious cults like Scientology, the Branch-Davidians, even children forced to go to religious schools are taught things that are false like evolution is false.

Actually it is. Religion forces children to believe what the parents do all the fucking time. Tell that to religious cults like Scientology, the Branch-Davidians, even children forced to go to religious schools are taught things that are false like evolution is false.
    No, it isn't. You're just religion bashing.

You can't enforce payment from them. They can basically tell you to fuck off and there's nothing you can do about it. If a government pays, it's because they want to, not because they have to.
    Source for that being? By definition, suing is an action where you demand compensation for being wronged. If no compensation is demanded, you basically cannot sue. This guy also seems to know better than you and never says that it's impossible or that government is not forced to pay if the judiciary orders them to.

And what difference does it make even if it's true? They still paid as a result of wanting to avoid dealing with this topic further.

Source for that being?
    How do you plan to enforce payment from a government that doesn't want to pay? As a single person you can't stand up to the government and a single person not being paid won't lead to any significant interest from other leaders in the world.

How do you plan to enforce payment from a government that doesn't want to pay? As a single person you can't stand up to the government and a single person not being paid won't lead to any significant interest from other leaders in the world.
    ...You do know that he's Canadian, right? It's not some Lebanese dude suing the government of Canada because he doesn't like Justin Trudeau's face or whatever. This is a Canadian citizen who sued the government for standing by as his human rights were violated.

You keep spouting generalities on a subject you clearly have very little grasp of. Give me a source that says a Canadian citizen cannot ask compensation from their government in front of a court.

...You do know that he's Canadian, right?
    Irrelevant, Canada is a sovereign nation that decides what happens in their own territory. If they would tell him to fuck off and not pay there's nothing he can do about it. If you receive payment it's because the government wants to, not because they have to, because they don't have to.
    Give me a source that says a Canadian citizen cannot ask compensation from their government in front of a court.
    I have never once made the claim that they cannot ask. I have said that if you get paid it's because the government wants to, otherwise they wouldn't pay you and you would have no means to make them pay.

Their pseudo religions i.e. Designed to scam people and exploit their vulnerabilities. And because some people feel it provides a sense of purpose. what about In Regards to Einstein? He was Jewish religiously and yet very smart and tolerant. Jimmy carter was a southern baptist and while he was poor in foreign policy he still held compassion. So what are saying that religion is terrible? May I also remind you of Woodrow wilison and Secretary of State creationist believer William Jennings Bryan.

No, it isn't. You're just religion bashing.
    It literally is. Telling kids they have to believe the religion or they're going to suffer for eternity and never see their loved ones again is awful.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    >part of a Terrorist Organization
    >Kills a Medic
    >commits crimes against his Country
    >gets released, and Apology AND given millions of dollars

I mean, if anyone ever wanted to show just how much of a fucking idiotic and absolute piece of shit Trudeau is, look no further.

15 year old or not, he should've just been put down like all scum like him.