Poll: Tinker as a playable class in WoW - Yes or No?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd play the class if it was fun, but I voted no. There are way too many established classes that aren't in the game that could be added far easier as sub classes.

We need a mail class but Tinker has always sounded terrible.

No and also No to more stupid threads about stupid tinkers.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please, insta-main. Hunter is too "I'm one with the Wild" to fulfill my desire of this archetype.

Hell, it could have awesome specs. Apothecary for the more alchemy-oriented fellows, Siegecrafter for those who want reeeeally big machines, or Tech, for the people who want to meddle with nano-titanic, complicated stuff.

Better: Name the class Siegecrafter (it's more wow-eske)! Humans, Dwarves, Draenei, Gnomes, Orcs, Undead, Bloodelves and Goblins have demonstrated that they are very capable of creating and operating machinery.

burn burn BURN BUUURN!

Sounds great to me. I wouldn't mind something a little more whimsical after all this fiery green doom and gloom.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I'd play the class if it was fun, but I voted no. There are way too many established classes that aren't in the game that could be added far easier as sub classes.
    sub classes? and do you have a list of these?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Aren't you essentially creating a thread to discuss the threads already open regarding this topic?
    #meta as fuck

on topic: get wrekt tinker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    Sounds great to me. I wouldn't mind something a little more whimsical after all this fiery green doom and gloom.
    that moment with gelbin in the broken shore cinematic legit sold me on tinkerer, it is so great

I dont see any reason to deny it for anyone to play but im not interested in it. I would rather they spent the time and resources on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    that moment with gelbin in the broken shore cinematic legit sold me on tinkerer, it is so great
    You're not the only one. I think the recent resurgence of Tinker threads is because of that cinematic.

only if they have an iron man suit

atleast as a cooldown

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    only if they have an iron man suit

atleast as a cooldown
    im pretty sure the whole point of tinkerer is that atleast the tank set would get perma mech, with all of them possibly having mech suits, like a dps one, a tank one, maybe a healer or another dps one, one melee, one ranged, then tank, also could be mail, adding a third mail type, leaving leather as the highest only by 1 now

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    You're not the only one. I think the recent resurgence of Tinker threads is because of that cinematic.
    Not ashamed to admit I used to facepalm at tinker threads thinking of the boring minion summoning unit from wc3, but this completely changed my point of view on the matter

- - - Updated - - -

im pretty sure the whole point of tinkerer is that atleast the tank set would get perma mech, with all of them possibly having mech suits, like a dps one, a tank one, maybe a healer or another dps one, one melee, one ranged, then tank, also could be mail, adding a third mail type, leaving leather as the highest only by 1 now
    I see a lot of people suggesting mail for some "balance" that is entirely senseless considering personal loot. I feel like cloth or leather would make more sense for the fantasy - why would you wear uncomfortable mail when you are depending on your mec to protect you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, I read so many posts in the last days (from like 3 different guys) that Tinker has so much community support that I just want to know:

How big is the desire of having a Tinker class? There's nothing better than a survey to get the answer!
    tinker had alot of support back in mists of pandaria mainly due to a poster named teriz. it pretty much turned into a forum war over whether tinkers or demon hunters should be the next class with teriz group saying warlocks made demon hunters redundant and my group saying engineering redundant (being honest, i actually liked tinkers and i mostly just fucked with him and trolled the shit out of him because he was fucking obnoxious and douchey about tinkers and demon hunters he even had signatures and shit saying "tinker will be the next and LAST class" blah blah blah)

clearly one side won as demon hunters are in the game and tinkers arent, and since then i havent seen teriz on the forums at all, not sure if he even plays wow. and with him having been the main one making threads about tinkers and keeping tinkers in the public eye of the wow fandom the demand for tinkers has decreased significantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    yeah, and with how much cosmetic stuff they put into demon hunter i could easily see tinker with a mech suit for atleast goblin and gnomes being a reality. although goblins and gnomes are significantly less popular than elves. i think thats always been the real biggest hindrance towards tinkers is that theyre intrinsically linked to the least popular races in the game and opening them up to other races would prevent them from getting the type of devotion demon hunters got

we still havent gotten a gnome in an expansion cinematic yet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, I am creating a survey to get an obvious and clear view how much the community wants the Tinker class.
    Then why not simply look at the bajillion other tinker threads that exist in this forum? Many of them even have polls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Not ashamed to admit I used to facepalm at tinker threads thinking of the boring minion summoning unit from wc3, but this completely changed my point of view on the matter

- - - Updated - - -

I see a lot of people suggesting mail for some "balance" that is entirely senseless considering personal loot. I feel like cloth or leather would make more sense for the fantasy - why would you wear uncomfortable mail when you are depending on your mec to protect you?
    not all raids use personal loot
    raids that dont use personal loot are punished because of lack of mail
    also what? how would cloth or leather make more sense?
    tinkerers use machines and mechs, so metal would make more sense, but plate might be abit too heavy, so mail makes sense
    also they could use guns, that way we can have more then 1 class use guns again

not all raids use personal loot
    raids that dont use personal loot are punished because of lack of mail
    I honestly cannot think of any reason to not go 'personal loot' other than: a) forming a raid to gear only a specific small portion of the raid group (we're going to gear up Bobby today, so all loot goes to him); and b) after most of the raid is geared up, switch to personal loot on tier bosses to get tier token drops instead of tier armor, so it could be traded around to those still missing set pieces.

tinkerers use machines and mechs, so metal would make more sense, but plate might be abit too heavy, so mail makes sense
    The only reason to wear mail is to get good defense while still retaining some mobility. The tinker's defense would come from his mech, so wearing mail or plate becomes redundant. Wearing leather is already pushing it, to be honest.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-07-05 at 05:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The only reason to wear mail is to get good defense while still retaining some mobility. The tinker's defense would come from his mech, so wearing mail or plate becomes redundant. Wearing leather is already pushing it, to be honest.
    Yet shammy use mail, yet they could right be cloth couldent they? what is the difference between a shammy using mail compared to a mage using cloth
    as a tinkerer using mail compared to cloth

idk about you but when you are in a hard mech, you want cushioning, not thin robes

Yet shammy use mail, yet they could right be cloth couldent they? what is the difference between a shammy using mail compared to a mage using cloth
    as a tinkerer using mail compared to cloth
    Again: the mages have countless spells to defend them. From magic armor to spell barriers. Mages wear cloth because heavier clothing interferes with spellcasting, at least according to the official website: "To avoid interference with their spellcasting, magi wear only cloth armor, but arcane shields and enchantments give them additional protection."

Now why do shamans wear mail and not cloth? It is not specified why, but considering you're acting as the mediator between four warring element planes (air, earth, fire and water), you do need to protect yourself.

The tinkers would be well protected inside their mechs. Anything more than cloth would be redundant for protection, but leather is still acceptable.

idk about you but when you are in a hard mech, you want cushioning, not thin robes
    Um... one more reason to not wear mail or plate. That shit ain't soft, and cushions nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah, and with how much cosmetic stuff they put into demon hunter i could easily see tinker with a mech suit for atleast goblin and gnomes being a reality. although goblins and gnomes are significantly less popular than elves. i think thats always been the real biggest hindrance towards tinkers is that theyre intrinsically linked to the least popular races in the game and opening them up to other races would prevent them from getting the type of devotion demon hunters got

we still havent gotten a gnome in an expansion cinematic yet
    Well let's consider that mechs are popular in WoW, and the cinematic of Gelbin owning demons in a mech was popular.

I really don't think a Gnome/Goblin class piloting mechs would be unpopular. I think people are pulling too much from the Monk situation seemingly forgetting that Monks came out of literally nowhere. I was on this site before MoP dropped, and I don't remember people asking for Monks the way people ask for Tinkers.