Deleted

Smoldering Heart proc Ele Vs. Enh

So after spending a bit of time on target dummies and in Tos with the legendary gloves, the Smoldering Heart, I find it weird that the proc % for enhancement on them is 0,12% per maelstrom spent, and only 0,10% per maelstrom spent as Elemental. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I burn through way more maelstrom as enhancement than I do as Elemental. The uptime for Enhancement seems good, whereas I can go through an entire boss fight in Elemental and not see a single proc. Is it that Ascendance as Elemental is deemed more powerful?

It was initially .2 for Ele, but it got halved in a hotfix. The gloves were worth am almost 16% DPS increase before the nerf.

That said, the gloves are indeed insanely RNG now and feel pretty horrible to use, while still being BiS... You are right in your assumption that Ele uses significantly less maelstrom in a fight than Enh does.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly...

These gloves are so fucking stupid i cant stop raging about them. Its obvious that a developer designed this mechanic for one class in the game where it (probably) made sense and then some fucking genius decided to copy it onto other specs to save themselves the work to design a proper legendary ! Im at a loss for words how to describe the level of retard this person inhabits.

For enhancement atleast you just have to mash a button to get good dps out of ascendance but ele??? Not only is the chance low now, the damage can be shit under so many circumstances its not even funny.

Flame shock runs out? Well enjoy your dps loss.

Oh, you have to move just as the gloves procc? WELL TOO BAD FOR YOU !

You have a debuff from whispers in the dark, yes the one trinket we cant seem to get rid off because its bis despite being RNG as fuck (just like the gloves). Well guess what happens to ur dps !

Whoever is responsible for this, please quit your job, youre a lazy bastard and we dont like you.

/rant end

Enhance procs the gloves more often, but Elemental's ascendance is far more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Enhance procs the gloves more often, but Elemental's ascendance is far more powerful.
    Also:
    - Elemental can use much more maelstrom at once as Enhancement can. (using more at once results in a higher chance overall than using the same amount in more attacks)
    - Elemental's ascendance increase the amount of maelstrom you generate, while for Enhancment it decreases the amount of Maelstrom you can use

And Enhancement's Ascendance feels so weird to use... wait half a gcd to use stormstrike again or use something else and let stormstrike lay around for a half gcd? both feels kind of wrong =/

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    And Enhancement's Ascendance feels so weird to use... wait half a gcd to use stormstrike again or use something else and let stormstrike lay around for a half gcd? both feels kind of wrong =/
    Windstrike's cooldown is 2 GCDs, so unless you're breaking 100% haste and going below the GCD floor this shouldn't happen (you might see that a little bit on the pull with lust+berserking, but shouldn't see it at any other time).