With all the DLCs and quests you can probably get over 300 hours out of a playthrough.

That may not be Skyrim-level but considering how much better characters and quests are, it's insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any way to increase field of view or camera distance ? i have no awareness what is happening around me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    With all the DLCs and quests you can probably get over 300 hours out of a playthrough.

That may not be Skyrim-level but considering how much better characters and quests are, it's insane.
    Such exaggerated fanboy nonsense. I completed all the quests, got all the gwent cards and completed all points of interest on the hardest difficulty and I clocked around 110 hours for the witcher 3 and both expansions, which in my opinion is a huge amount of time anyway and see no reason to exaggerate it. I don't see how you'd get over 300 hours out of a playthrough unless you humped every cave wall for about 5 minutes.

And speaking of Skyrim, that game's characters and story are shit-tier compared to witcher 3's and as such it doesn't really matter how much manure we have contributing to the global warming.

10+ Year Old Account
    im in velen, currently lvl 11 and there are several quests/areas/monsters that are 20+lvl. what purpose does it serve ?
    it doesnt make sense that i stumble upon those things that are near stuff of my level and i just cant kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Such exaggerated fanboy nonsense. I completed all the quests, got all the gwent cards and completed all points of interest on the hardest difficulty and I clocked around 110 hours for the witcher 3 and both expansions, which in my opinion is a huge amount of time anyway and see no reason to exaggerate it. I don't see how you'd get over 300 hours out of a playthrough unless you humped every cave wall for about 5 minutes.
    Or you know you could actually look at averages instead of assuming everyone plays like you do
    https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10270
    Median completionist playthoughs of:
    - original game: 160h
    - Hearts of Stone: 19h
    - Blood and Wine: 40h
    300 may be a bit high but 219 average "completionist" hardly warrants your nonsense. However yes a standard mostly full playthough most people make will net around 150h for all 3. YMMV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    im in velen, currently lvl 11 and there are several quests/areas/monsters that are 20+lvl. what purpose does it serve ?
    it doesnt make sense that i stumble upon those things that are near stuff of my level and i just cant kill them.
    Its a living open world not a zone-based map. Stay away from things that can kill you until you can kill them, or take on the challenge. There will always be clear enough paths to take to find appropriate enemies but some things you'll need to come back later for. The level 25 monster exists terrorizing RandomTown whether you're 11 or 40.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If you enjoy a challenge killing monsters 10 levels above you can be pretty fun, if not continue on with the quests and come back later. Try side stepping monsters instead of rolling too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Witcher 3 is a bit weird in that regard, at least in Velen.

You get a lvl 30 quest on the probably the first notice board you'll meet, level 30 is usually a level around which you complete the main story.

If you have trouble finding sidestory quests appropriate for your level, visit some notice boards in various towns, in Velen at least you'll find some quests that fit your current level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Or you know you could actually look at averages instead of assuming everyone plays like you do
    https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10270
    Median completionist playthoughs of:
    - original game: 160h
    - Hearts of Stone: 19h
    - Blood and Wine: 40h
    300 may be a bit high but 219 average "completionist" hardly warrants your nonsense. However yes a standard mostly full playthough most people make will net around 150h for all 3. YMMV.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a living open world not a zone-based map. Stay away from things that can kill you until you can kill them, or take on the challenge. There will always be clear enough paths to take to find appropriate enemies but some things you'll need to come back later for. The level 25 monster exists terrorizing RandomTown whether you're 11 or 40.
    Actually, it might be that a lot of those average completionists were before they made the inventory better (like making crafting resources weigh 0) and due to that I probably shaved off an odd dozen hours or so.

I thought the "leveling experience" was really weird in general in Witcher 3.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game to death. But you could to do 5 Side Quests for your appropriate level and maybe gain 1 level, or do 3 Story Quests and you jump up one level per quest.

This is a really odd way to balance out player progression, imho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post

Don't get me wrong, I love this game to death. But you could to do 5 Side Quests for your appropriate level and maybe gain 1 level, or do 3 Story Quests and you jump up one level per quest.

Generally the leveling mechanic got a lot better with the enemy upscaling option, but yeah they still have the problem of quests and locations giving a fraction of the main quest exp and grey quests giving 1.

10+ Year Old Account

With quite a few games having linear questing issues, maybe this was their way of keeping you on the path through the main quest?

In open world games lately, there have been sooooo many side quests. For me, I easily get distracted from the main story and end up in side quest hell after a few days. Maybe they were attempting to steer you towards the main quest so you can get actual xp.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Generally the leveling mechanic got a lot better with the enemy upscaling option, but yeah they still have the problem of quests and locations giving a fraction of the main quest exp and grey quests giving 1.
    I never touched the upscaling option. I always thought that this just removes the option to one-shot lvl 3 wolfs. Does it touch quest exp aswell?

Its rare for a big rpg game to get the balance right between main quest/sub quest rewards. Had the same problems in ff15 and fallout 4 recently where you get a certain level or power level and quickly content is too low level to enjoy or simply too high you need to be near max anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its rare for a big rpg game to get the balance right between main quest/sub quest rewards. Had the same problems in ff15 and fallout 4 recently where you get a certain level or power level and quickly content is too low level to enjoy or simply too high you need to be near max anyway
    I agree. Not only out leveling the main quest, but sorta just losing sight of it. If you start to forget things that happened in the main quest line, it starts to break the immersion of the story.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    gearing system in this game is awful bad.
    im in skellige, lvl 15. get legendary (orange) item which is lvl 8.
    the fuck is this shit

does difficulty level affect aquired gear or its still gonna be the same nonsense on death march ???

the fuck is this shit

does difficulty level affect aquired gear or its still gonna be the same nonsense on death march ???
    Search for the School Gears. Is quite better than a simple item. Death March is only for thoughs enemies and spam food for regeneration xD

10+ Year Old Account
    the fuck is this shit

Pretty much all non-witcher gear is junk. Kind of disappointing especially in cutscenes like when Crach an Craite gives you this sword that was handed down in the family for generations and you end up just selling it for gold because it sucks. But at least it's a good way to get gold and if you're crafting witcher gear you'll need LOTS of it. It's a pain in the ass but I get as much witcher gear crafting done as I can before I do any quests. That way I can just enjoy the game without worrying about upgrades since they'll already be crafted and in my stash ready for pickup.

Like I said it's a pain in the ass because it's just fast traveling from here to there looking for the chests that contain the schematics but once you finish them all and set yourself up with some witcher gear it'll be so worth it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-07-08 at 07:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    with game being out quite long now, everybody knowing 2 fast attacks and dodge back is the key to win; what is the cookie cutter skill build and best gear school for that ?

so far ive been going exclusively for red (melee) skills

Deleted
    with game being out quite long now, everybody knowing 2 fast attacks and dodge back is the key to win; what is the cookie cutter skill build and best gear school for that ?

so far ive been going exclusively for red (melee) skills
    I just go full potions with a side of swords
    I have so much HP that mobs in Death March tickles at high levels, oils with indefinite duration and that reduce damage taken by half, and I can guzzle more potion than a junkie

Alchemy build is by far the strongest I've ever done. Sooo many pots!