Poll: Tinker as a playable class in WoW - Yes or No?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    enough classes already. we dont need more
    Actually, a new physical ranged class would be a very nice addition.

Tinker would be a good fit for that opening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Do we really need more classes?

Balancing the current classes is a clusterf##k already, sure, let's complicate it some more!

Also, what niche does it fill? What would tinkers do that the other classes aren't doing already? Not to mention the overlap with the engineering profession...
    Classes should not always be a clear cut case of rock,paper scissors. There will always be pros and cons. Imagination is the key!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no qualms about adding Tinkers.

But I do have qualms about all the Expansion Speculators trying to attach it to 8.0.

A) Blizz has NEVER done two classes back to back, and I believe various devs along the way have said that's intentional.

B) What does Tinkers have to do with Void Gods, Naga, Bolvar, Sylvanas, or Dragons?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Illidari View Post
    Actually, a new physical ranged class would be a very nice addition.

Tinker would be a good fit for that opening.
    Tinker would be melee from everything we've seen.
    Even turrets and such wouldn't be the main way they'd attack. They still need a weapon.
    Also if they're ranged, would they only use guns? A tinker wielding a bow would look pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    A) Blizz has NEVER done two classes back to back, and I believe various devs along the way have said that's intentional.
    I do believe that, up until Mists of Pandaria, Blizzard has never done two expansions introducing new races, back to back. The point is: just because they have never done something in the past, it does not necessarily mean they'll never do it in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Tinker would be melee from everything we've seen.
    Even turrets and such wouldn't be the main way they'd attack. They still need a weapon.
    Also if they're ranged, would they only use guns? A tinker wielding a bow would look pretty ridiculous.
    If you look at the Broken Shore cinematic, Gelbin's mech has a rotational arm that flips from claw to gun. You could simply have the mech hit targets with the claw in melee and then flip to the gun when they go beyond 5 yards.

As for equipable weapons, just use Druids as the model: You equip the weapon and while piloting your mech it becomes a stat-stick. This allows the Tinker to equip Hunter weapons without looking silly or out of place.

i dont understand the arguments that "we already have enough classes" and "balance the game before adding a new class that complicates things even more"

there will never really be a balance between the classes, im assuming most of you mean in terms of pvp balance.

and there wont be an even balance in pve either, thats because the game keeps evolving and changing every so often, after all these years you should accept that reality.

i really dont think it would make things much worse if they added a new class, or any number of new classes for that matter.
    the game is unbalanced now and will be unbalanced in the future no matter if they add a new class or not.

adding a new class however makes the game more appealing for quite a lot of people, gets them to return and resub, rejoin theire guild and friends

so i for one really enjoy new classes in this (and other) games, so id very much like to see the Tinker (as im a fan of that particular class fantasy)!

Honestly, no. For a number of reasons. Primarily they have nothing new to bring to the game. Everything about them is either incorporated in another class or profession, and we don't need yet ANOTHER class for Blizzard to worry about balancing. Keep in mind, when they add a class, they have to make abilities for not just the class, but each of it's specs. Each of these abilities then has to be balanced within the multitude of abilities currently in-game. This is a ton of work. I'd rather Blizzard focus on content at this point then add a thirteenth class or more specs to existing classes, especially how they are only a few steps away from there being little to no difference between how some classes/specs even play.

The only reason I would say I want this class added would be to shut up everyone who keeps whining for them. Granted, knowing some of them, they'd then start whining on how Blizzard screwed it up or forgot an ability or how their version was so much better (read over powered and therefore never would have been added to the game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Garbage idea for a class inspired by an equally garbage character and race.

No. Thank. You.

Deleted
    I voted yes simply because I don't see why just because I don't enjoy something others shouldn't be allowed to have it.

The balance is already all over the place, I don't PVP and I don't raid at a level where balance matters so why not.

That being said I part of me want Tinkers to never appear in-game simply because Teriz has been insufferable when discussing them.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-07-05 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lassner View Post
    i dont understand the arguments that "we already have enough classes" and "balance the game before adding a new class that complicates things even more"

there will never really be a balance between the classes, im assuming most of you mean in terms of pvp balance.

and there wont be an even balance in pve either, thats because the game keeps evolving and changing every so often, after all these years you should accept that reality.

i really dont think it would make things much worse if they added a new class, or any number of new classes for that matter.
    the game is unbalanced now and will be unbalanced in the future no matter if they add a new class or not.

adding a new class however makes the game more appealing for quite a lot of people, gets them to return and resub, rejoin theire guild and friends

so i for one really enjoy new classes in this (and other) games, so id very much like to see the Tinker (as im a fan of that particular class fantasy)!
    THANK YOU! They all should never be on par! they will all have strengths and weaknesses! Overall its utilisation with your team in pve!

Not a big fan of the volume of quasi-advanced tech in WoW, so I have no interest in or love for a Tinker class beyond the Engineering profession. Blizzard has openly said that Engineering is the WoW equivalent of the Tinker, but I can see why people would be into the idea of the Tinker-mech class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    You mean like Helix Blackfuse? He played a pretty crucial role in the end of MoP and the entirety of WoD.

Tinkers also have a long history in WC universe, and make just as much sense as Demon Hunters do.

Seriously, your arguments against the Tinker class are pretty dumb. You need to try harder.
    My arguments are dumb and you come up with somebody like "Helix Blackfuse" (vs. Morgraine or Illidan)? Come on, not even somebody so blinded by their fanatism for Tinker would come up with such a weak comparison.

There is absolutely no reason why we would need a Tinker and there is absolutely no reason why that class should find its way into the game - Death Knights and Demon Hunters were a crucial part in their respective expansions to fight the "big bad guy" and Monks had a pretty strong story of supression and slavery in MoP, woven into the story of the expansion and of the races in Pandaria.

Unless were getting an "Uproar of the Midgets" expansion where the focus is on Goblins and Gnomes (which will never happen) there is no plausible lore why we would need Tinkers. There is no threat that would require Tinkers to fight them. It's just not existing. If somebody of the Tinker fanboys could come up with ONE, just ONE good lore-related argument why we would NEED THEM I would be happy (no, "race identity" is no argument why we would need them in an upcoming expansion).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-05 at 06:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Can you please change your sig. You have been asked a few times by others.
    no, i have been asked by you and you alone
    you keep saying "the eyes look stupid" but they are literally the exact same eyes as in the fucking game, they have not been changed, they are the eyes you see when you play the game
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There is absolutely no reason why we would need a Tinker and there is absolutely no reason why that class should find its way into the game - Death Knights and Demon Hunters were a crucial part in their respective expansions to fight the "big bad guy" and Monks had a pretty strong story of supression and slavery in MoP, woven into the story of the expansion and of the races in Pandaria.

Unless were getting an "Uproar of the Midgets" expansion where the focus is on Goblins and Gnomes (which will never happen) there is no plausible lore why we would need Tinkers. There is no threat that would require Tinkers to fight them. It's just not existing. If somebody of the Tinker fanboys could come up with ONE, just ONE good lore-related argument why we would NEED THEM I would be happy (no, "race identity" is no argument why we would need them in an upcoming expansion).
    uproar of the midgets lmao ;P

id really like to see your face if that was the EXACT title of the new xpac shown at this years blizzcon ;>

i got to admit that im not that much into the lore of the game, not enough to "justify" a tinker class coming to the game....

BUT honestly, wouldnt it be more or less easy for them to come up with a good reason, one that isnt part of the lore as of right now?

and the implementation of a class like the tinker wouldnt necessarily have to be like the main thing of the coming expansion
    lets say that the next big evil comes from a new world, something along the lines of outland, and in order to go there we need some technical shizzle whizzle because we cant travel to that place using magic (for whatever reason).
    could be some kind of powerful foe that prevents anything from traveling to his/its domain by magical means, so-> ask the gnomish/goblin tinkers for help

you get the point, my suggestion might be stupid but i dont think the lore-guys over at blizzard would have a hard time to implement close to anything into the game and have it make sense!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    My arguments are dumb and you come up with somebody like "Helix Blackfuse" (vs. Morgraine or Illidan)? Come on, not even somebody so blinded by their fanatism for Tinker would come up with such a weak comparison.
    Which wasn't the argument Rhamses responded to. You wanted to know what crucial lore involved Tinkers. You weren't looking for a comparison between a Tinker and major lore characters. That's called moving the goalposts.

There is absolutely no reason why we would need a Tinker and there is absolutely no reason why that class should find its way into the game -
    1. The ability to perform physical range differently from the Hunter class.
    2. A class concept that is vastly unique from existing classes.
    3. Gives much needed lore to two of the most ignored races in the game.
    4. The concept actually comes from WC3 and predates WoW itself.
    5. The community really likes the idea of piloting mechs.

The "Rise of the Naga Empire" expansion leak had a perfectly fine reason for why we would need them. Additionally, you have a lot of potential Goblin lore in the South Seas region thanks to Kezan, Undermine, Booty Bay, Gadgetzhan, Rachet, and the Steamwheddle Cartel.

That said, you're applying unreasonable standards to the Tinker concept that simply doesn't exist for other class inclusions. We didn't NEED Monks for any major threat in MoP for example. The Monks we play as weren't even from Pandaria, they came from the Wandering Isle, as did every Monk trainer in the starter zones. All that is required for a class is that it fits the expansion it is in.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, just because it's been beaten to death as a subject in this forum.
    /spit@Blizzard

Tinkers will have a flight form suit, like druids, as well as having a summoning portal contraption, like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by lassner View Post
    BUT honestly, wouldnt it be more or less easy for them to come up with a good reason, one that isnt part of the lore as of right now?

and the implementation of a class like the tinker wouldnt necessarily have to be like the main thing of the coming expansion
    lets say that the next big evil comes from a new world, something along the lines of outland, and in order to go there we need some technical shizzle whizzle because we cant travel to that place using magic (for whatever reason).
    could be some kind of powerful foe that prevents anything from traveling to his/its domain by magical means, so-> ask the gnomish/goblin tinkers for help

you get the point, my suggestion might be stupid but i dont think the lore-guys over at blizzard would have a hard time to implement close to anything into the game and have it make sense!
    Well, try to think of one plausible reason why we need Goblins and Gnomes in Mechs to rescue the world after we had Death Knights and Demon Hunters before. Well, you tried and it's not that good, it's a thing I came up with as well but it doesn't really make sense when we think about Draenei, their space ships and our teleporting throughout planets / worlds / dimensions, whatever.

I thought about some kind of harmful place where we would need those mechs or something like that but it doesn't make any sense. Or enemies that are immune to magic - why would we need Mechs? We have Warriors and Hunters and Rogues... When we need Mechs, why can every other class go there? And come on, after mighty Illidan an upcoming Goblin / Gnome as the main hero in the next expansion? Really? lol

And even if we would need all that stuff, why not simply make it somehow tied to Engineering? I just don't see a class coming out of nowhere being designed for the two most unpopular races in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That said, you're applying unreasonable standards to the Tinker concept that simply doesn't exist for other class inclusions. We didn't NEED Monks for any major threat in MoP for example. The Monks we play as weren't even from Pandaria, they came from the Wandering Isle, as did every Monk trainer in the starter zones. All that is required for a class is that it fits the expansion it is in.
    ... and makes sense. Monks made sense due to Pandaria lore, fitted the new continent, the new race and the overall tone of the expansion.

All that is required for a class is that it fits the expansion it is in.
    Which is a self-fulfilling requirement considering Blizzard makes anything 'fit' the expansion they're introduced in. Worgens and Goblins literally had no direct association with Deathwing and were still given backstories that loosely tied in to the Cataclysm. I'm sure even a spoony Bard could be shoehorned with enough fluff about how songs preserve history when exploring X new place and fighting the next big bad.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-07-05 at 08:22 PM.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.