Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Im tired of these fucking armor sets

Why is the rope on the kul' tiras cloth set as flat as a piece of paper? its been like 13 years please make it bulky like rope is supposed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

While there is a chance it goes live like that, you might want to wait before you get upset over it. There have been plenty of times when items/art is data mined well before that launch and it is unfinished. If that is the final version, it isn't great. The painted on chest look needs to die off.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2017-07-06 at 10:57 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think MoP did "rope armor" quite well with the rope belts. I'm hoping we'll see something similar by the time it goes live.

Yea it's really bad lol. Hopefully this is fixed

We are looking at a set of armor that was datamined possibly an entire year before it is relevant and people are already complaining about how unfinished it looks lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Why is the rope on the kul' tiras cloth set as flat as a piece of paper? its been like 13 years please make it bulky like rope is supposed to be.
    That would cost a raid tier.

Welcome to World of Warcraft, where designers put more effort into armor used by NPCs than armor used by the players paying their salaries.

I have no way to guarantee it, but Blizzard usually doesn't do fake icons. If the chest on the icon is flat, usually, so is the actual armor, but in Legion, every piece of armor that had more 3D pieces has had that depicted on the icons. Hell, just compare the Argus dungeon set icons to these ones:
    vs

For reference, here is the icon for the rogue t21 chest:

The icons indicate that this set, which looks to be just a questing set for the next expansion, has several modeled bits, like the piece of cloth around the chest with the fur and rope, the robe around the arms, gloves and boots.

We can't see the robe because the robe only shows the chest part off, but the scrolls on them will probably be 3D. The barnacles too, possibly.

They are probably just placement markers, guy. You need to concept out the armor before you make it and fully assemble it, so you before you put on the 3D ropes, you paint on where they go on the flat robe. Legion has, by far and with complete objectivity, had more unique geometry on armor than any expansion ever. Relax and give it a bit. The set doesn't even have its helm or the shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm angry about something that was datamined before its even ready and probably just a placeholder for content a year ahead from now"

Its literally not in the game yet. Its not even IN the PTR in a valid format. Its just some files people found.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I think MoP did "rope armor" quite well with the rope belts. I'm hoping we'll see something similar by the time it goes live.
    They were nice, did have a tendency to clip though. Particularly on some races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The most notable thing about this set is that it's either a hint at whats to come or one giant ass red herring troll from blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They were nice, did have a tendency to clip though. Particularly on some races.
    It's world of clipping craft. I think there isn't a single piece of 3d gear that doesn't clip on some characters or with some weapons, etc.

They way they are trying to add texture and depth to most chest pieces and legs now is pretty awful. You end up with much higher quality images floating over painted on items. The mage t20 chest is a good example. You have a robe that looks very much like the old t6, then it has a much higher definition diamond that kinda floats on the middle of the chest. It doesnt match the rest of the outfits texturing at all and slides around in an unnatural way. The sets from ToV are also really bad about this. Most having the odd floating hip items that don't sit level even when you are standing still.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The most notable thing about this set is that it's either a hint at whats to come or one giant ass red herring troll from blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

It's world of clipping craft. I think there isn't a single piece of 3d gear that doesn't clip on some characters or with some weapons, etc.
    Most things fit on humans and all over races are just shit out of luck. The way tauren noses poke out of things or ears and facial hair on other races is just absurd.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Why don't they put the same effort into leveling/-greens as they do into tier sets...

Hurr durr...

Look at the icons, you see a head and a shoulder item icon.
    Look at the 3D model, no head, no shoulders.

I'm not an expert at this but i have the feeling this set isn't finished yet.

Playing the wrong game if you want detailed sets/characters, off to the Asian mmo's if you want that.

The design team is very unimaginative when it comes to concepts and design.

Lets face it, they will eventually push this to live and the people saying its to soon to voice an Op will just post how people should have said something sooner.

7+ Year Old Account
    you know its on the PTR right?
    its allmost like tons of other sets show rope as bulky
    like seriously, this armor JUST went up on the PTR, and since the start of legion, when an item goes on the PTR it is no where near finished, then they add the 3d elements ontop of it, shall i go get the picture of the rogue gear?

Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-07-07 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Holy shit, how about you actually let it hit the fucking live servers before you judge the set.