Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    I just checked the top 10 pulls on Goroth and not a single player uses this opener actually. If it's that good though, stick with it.
    I also did and yeah, i was also suprised why noone is using KB early in his opener since i dont get what advantage, the opener you posted, would give me. I used your opener at the very beginning when 7.2.5 hit, but i somewhen changed it since the other one just performed way better for me.

I am kinda curious tho, could you elaborate on why you actually use your opener and what its advantage would look like? If i am not mistaken or blind or whatever then i only miss the intial hit from kb, which is buffed by Vendetta, but as i said, latest kb ticks easily compensate for it while buffed by TB.

So if you dont mind, enlighten me or tell me what i miss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurellio View Post
    I also did and yeah, i was also suprised why noone is using KB early in his opener since i dont get what advantage, the opener you posted, would give me. I used your opener at the very beginning when 7.2.5 hit, but i somewhen changed it since the other one just performed way better for me.

I am kinda curious tho, could you elaborate on why you actually use your opener and what its advantage would look like? If i am not mistaken or blind or whatever then i only miss the intial hit from kb, which is buffed by Vendetta, but as i said, latest kb ticks easily compensate for it while buffed by TB.

To be honest, in practical environment it makes no difference if you use KB first and then TB or the opposite.

But delaying spells is a whole different story, especially if spells have (very) low CD. This can effect your dps very much by loosing a lot of usages of those spells due to delaying.

In my opinion the best opener always tries to drop all CDs as soon as possible. The overall dps always depends on PB procs and crit luck (not the amount of the crits in first place, but the right crits in the right time).
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-07-07 at 12:48 PM.

I actually like the flow of your opener (I've never tried it but will give it a shot); getting KB out early is important. The only issue would be your rupture being only 4 points. Does it require an awkward refresh while you're still dumping opening abilities or anything?

Garrote - Mutilate - Rupture - Mutilate - Vendetta - Env - KB - Mutilate - Vanish - Env - Mutilate - TB - Env

Wasnt this the opener for 4pc Tier 19 with mantle and boots? Thats what i have been using and still use still. I dont have any tier 20 yet, so i assume it changes when tier 20 comes in and subt is played, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    I actually like the flow of your opener (I've never tried it but will give it a shot); getting KB out early is important. The only issue would be your rupture being only 4 points. Does it require an awkward refresh while you're still dumping opening abilities or anything?
    Nah, even without lust at the beginning it shouldnt be an issue at all. You should easily be able to refresh rupture after your mut/env spam when mantle window ends. As i said, i dont use it anymore since i have T20 but i never had any issues with rupture, it performed pretty well for me. I never said it was the one and only opener everyone should use, but i know that i used the opener you posted at the beginning and it was also good, but the one i mentiond just performed better for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    To be honest, in practical environment it makes no difference if you use KB first and then TB or the opposite.

But delaying spells is a whole different story, especially if spells have (very) low CD. This can effect your dps very much by loosing a lot of usages of those spells due to delaying.

In my opinion the best opener always tries to drop all CDs as soon as possible. The overall dps always depends on PB procs and crit luck (not the amount of the crits in first place, but the right crits in the right time).
    I know what you mean and it is more or less min maxiing what we are talking about. Of course a pb proc in any opener during the right timing will always perform better than any opener without a pb proc, i am aware of that. But assuming you dont have any procs at all, then late kb ticks outperfrom the buffed initial hit of KB. Thats what i am basically talking about and yeah i know, it is min maxing, it wont affect your dps by a large margin, but i also didnt like the Statement which was like "look up all top rogues, they all are using the same opener". I usually just dont copy stuff withouht thinking about it and trying to understand its logic and thats why i am just curious why the other opener would be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bacstabbath View Post
    Garrote - Mutilate - Rupture - Mutilate - Vendetta - Env - KB - Mutilate - Vanish - Env - Mutilate - TB - Env

Wasnt this the opener for 4pc Tier 19 with mantle and boots? Thats what i have been using and still use still. I dont have any tier 20 yet, so i assume it changes when tier 20 comes in and subt is played, right?
    Why would you use TB that late? You will also miss one envenom during mantle and envenom hits hard with 4pc Tier 19. Basically with T19 4pc you want to generate CP's before Vanish and then start with an envenom right after Vanish followed by Mut, Env, Mut, Env to fit in 3 envenoms into your crit window.

Why would you use TB that late? You will also miss one envenom during mantle and envenom hits hard with 4pc Tier 19. Basically with T19 4pc you want to generate CP's before Vanish and then start with an envenom right after Vanish followed by Mut, Env, Mut, Env to fit in 3 envenoms into your crit window.
    This makes sense, i read my opener somewhere, i believe before TB came out, or right when 7.2.5 hit. Its actually given me success though, as i am able to get up as high as 2.5m in some cases.

I will have to try the other opener later, ive also still been rocking mantle/boots and i just learned that mantle/bracers is top tier now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstabbath View Post
    This makes sense, i read my opener somewhere, i believe before TB came out, or right when 7.2.5 hit. Its actually given me success though, as i am able to get up as high as 2.5m in some cases.

I will have to try the other opener later, ive also still been rocking mantle/boots and i just learned that mantle/bracers is top tier now.
    Well, your opener is not like completely wrong. It is pretty much the same as Xanatu's but he aint using TB that late. Surely you will do quite okay with your opener but you also could do better and thats what we all strive for, dont we?

- - - Updated - - -

Using mantle/boots during progressing aint a bad thing. Mantle/bracers pull ahead when you reach the execute phase.