Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    she needs to GTFO or even be deported ... no sympathy for her at all.
    Another person who seems to think deporting citizens for a constitutionally protected right is a good choice. Cause that couldn't go horribly wrong or anything...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Everyone gets threatened on the internet, it literally means nothing.
    Law enforcement wouldn't agree with you on that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Another person who seems to think deporting citizens for a constitutionally protected right is a good choice. Cause that couldn't go horribly wrong or anything...

- - - Updated - - -

Law enforcement wouldn't agree with you on that statement.
    or maybe someone that thinks the SC got it wrong protecting free speech over desecrating the US flag, which was/is technically a iolation of law/US flag Code.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    or maybe someone that thinks the SC got it wrong protecting free speech over desecrating the US flag, which was/is technically a iolation of law/US flag Code.
    That's great that you think the SCOTUS got it wrong. But that doesn't change that it's a constitutionally protected right.

And, frankly, deporting someone over peeing on a flag is a ridiculous and dangerous precedent that would likely backfire.

That's great that you think the SCOTUS got it wrong. But that doesn't change that it's a constitutionally protected right.

And, frankly, deporting someone over peeing on a flag is a ridiculous and dangerous precedent that would likely backfire.
    It's protected under free speech, yes.. but so yes saying fire/bomb in a theater or on an airplane and see how that goes over legally. hint not well. Thus i think limiting free speech to saying yes you can desecrate the flag but you will be charged for violating federal law would be ok. As for deporting / removing citizenship status likely over the top sure, i just don't get why stay in a country you hate so much... Its fairly easy to leave no one is forcing them to stay here in such a terrible place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Emily Lance
    Who?

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    i just don't get why stay in a country you hate so much... Its fairly easy to leave no one is forcing them to stay here in such a terrible place.
    Because it's quite likely that she doesn't hate the country.

Think of it like this -- you go to work, you have a really bad day. You come home and you declare "God I hate my boss I should just quit!"

Do you? Most often...no. You recognize that there are elements of the job you like so you stay and try to make it better.

Just because someone has a rather immature outburst of bad behavior doesn't mean she hates every aspect of the US (at least I assume so). I mean heck, there are a lot of things about the US I don't like. But does that mean I should leave? No. That's silly. I should work to improve things.

As you can tell I'm not a big fan of the whole "if you don't like it just leave" line of thought. I don't think that's realistic or very productive. Unless you truly truly hate every aspect of a country, then sure, you should leave (if you have the means to do so).

Because it's quite likely that she doesn't hate the country.

Think of it like this -- you go to work, you have a really bad day. You come home and you declare "God I hate my boss I should just quit!"

Do you? Most often...no. You recognize that there are elements of the job you like so you stay and try to make it better.

Just because someone has a rather immature outburst of bad behavior doesn't mean she hates every aspect of the US (at least I assume so). I mean heck, there are a lot of things about the US I don't like. But does that mean I should leave? No. That's silly. I should work to improve things.

As you can tell I'm not a big fan of the whole "if you don't like it just leave" line of thought. I don't think that's realistic or very productive. Unless you truly truly hate every aspect of a country, then sure, you should leave (if you have the means to do so).
    If i hated my job to the point i took a picture of my boss/work place and pissed on it, AND posted said video on the net yes i would quit the job and if it was reported to the employer i'd fully expect them to fire me / kick me out of said job. Also if i came home multiple days saying i hate my job, yes i would quit, I'm not staying in place that I hate daily or makes me hate even part of it enough to do something like she did.

I fully get and support her frustration with the gov't / country as there aspects I dislike but none to the point of Desecrating the flag. At the point i either leave or help the revolution to be honest.

This reminds me of the episode of Futurama when zoidburg ate the flag and look how that turned out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude it's been explained over 10x

She's complaining about her family receiving criminal threats just because she 'hurt feelings'
    I'll respond with her very own words.

“Freedom (of speech/expression) means that I'm entitled to do and say as I please, EVEN if you don't like it, so long as I am not physically hurting someone - and no, your precious feelings don't count, that's your own problem,”

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Aren't they usually water resistant? It is hard to urinate on things that are water resistant.
    lol my first thought was... now you have piss on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    I might help if people would try less to purely aggravate one another for the sake of baiting out reactions...
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    lol my first thought was... now you have piss on the floor.
    Apparantly the flag was draped over her toilet.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Reminds me of the episode where zoidberg expresses himself by eating the flag and everyone hates him for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'll respond with her very own words.

“Freedom (of speech/expression) means that I'm entitled to do and say as I please, EVEN if you don't like it, so long as I am not physically hurting someone - and no, your precious feelings don't count, that's your own problem,”
    But threats aren't protected

Dude it's been explained over 10x

She's complaining about her family receiving criminal threats just because she 'hurt feelings'
    Would it be safe to say that she had her feelings hurt too?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Free speech often has consequences. Go to a BLM rally and drop the N-bomb a few times, see what happens.
    just go to a BLM rally and be white....see what happens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Would it be safe to say that she had her feelings hurt too?
    You surely must knno the difference between a threat and insult

10+ Year Old Account
    But threats aren't protected
    No evidence has been presented of threats against her family, only her word. Perhaps she should call the police and let them investigate. If no crime can be found all she's left with is her own 'hurt feelings'.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Firstly I never said MOST... I said "Because even in a lot of western societies ", So don't put words into my mouth and read what I actually said.

You should probably do that first before correcting someone else.

Secondly I didn't count them all (I seriously doubt you did), and no i'm not going to go through and list them all either. That wasn't the point. Thanks.
    My bad. You did say a lot and not most.

And yes I did count them. There are less than 5. There are only 22 nations total that have laws about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    No evidence has been presented of threats against her family, only her word. Perhaps she should call the police and let them investigate. If no crime can be found all she's left with is her own 'hurt feelings'.

And they have to show you personally because? Are you an officer working on the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

And they have to show you personally because? Are you an officer working on the case?
    His entire argument hinges on his belief that she's lying about the threats to her family.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.