Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lady Liadrin
    Spoiler:
    An unbridled thirst for power is the most terrible corruption of all. How did your people find their path forward?
    We banded together to fight for our place on Azeroth. And we realized we needed allies to stand with us.
    And has the Horde served that purpose for you?
    It has. Make no mistake, ours has not been an easy road, and we have struggled through dark times. But together we face a world that has often turned its back on us. Together, we find strength.
    A valuable perspective, Lady Liadrin. You have given me much to ponder.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=267182/p...logue-spoilers

Thalyssra
    Spoiler:
    In my entire lifetime, I never left the borders of Suramar. To see this place is to understand the fate that almost befell my people.
    And nearly mine as well. The sin'dorei also had a leader who struck a bargain with the Legion, poisoning us in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll make it more clear for you.

It seems like Sygryn hanging out with Liadrin and Aethas has context now.

[Thalyssra] - In my entire lifetime, I never left the borders of Suramar. To see this place is to understand the fate that almost befell my people.

[Liadrin] - And nearly mine as well. The sin'dorei also had a leader who struck a bargain with the Legion, poisoning us in the process.

[Thalyssra] (either really) An unbridled thirst for power is the most terrible corruption of all.

[Thalyssra] How did your people find their path forward?

[Liadrin] We banded together to fight for our place on Azeroth. And we realized we needed allies to stand with us.

[Thalyssra] And has the Horde served that purpose for you?

[Liadrin] It has. Make no mistake, ours has not been an easy road, and we have struggled through dark times. But together we face a world that has often turned its back on us. Together, we find strength.

[Thalyssra] A valuable perspective, Lady Liadrin. You have given me much to ponder.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2017-07-07 at 06:58 AM.

When are Thalyssra and Liadrin going to make out?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    my new OTP.

also, there's the dialogue of vereesa telling alleria what happened to sylvanas. i hope it goes a little more in depth than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The plot thickens.

It seems the Nightborne may find a home in the Horde. We've seen the interactions between Liadrin and Thalyssra. Silgryn was on the blood elf destroyer boat. Could be a sign...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    It seems the Nightborne may find a home in the Horde. We've seen the interactions between Liadrin and Thalyssra. Silgryn was on the blood elf destroyer boat. Could be a sign...
    That would be worst possible scenario. Last thing we need is more goddamn elves.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That would be worst possible scenario. Last thing we need is more goddamn elves.
    If they bite you, you become a elf as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Well when you look at the dialogue for quests and even with each other.

Tyrande: Insults Thalyssra, then has absolutely no care for the people of Suramar. It's all "Have the Nightborne as meat shields to protect my people."

Liadrin: Doesn't insult Thalyssra. Says the horde should go and help the nightborne because it is the right thing to do.

If I was the new Nightborne leader I know who I would put my weight behind.

Uuuuugh, things are already looking bad for anyone who expected Alleria to be neutral. I hope Arator is more level-headed and calls out Vereesa on any bs she tries to push on Alleria.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well when you look at the dialogue for quests and even with each other.

Tyrande: Insults Thalyssra, then has absolutely no care for the people of Suramar. It's all "Have the Nightborne as meat shields to protect my people."

Liadrin: Doesn't insult Thalyssra. Says the horde should go and help the nightborne because it is the right thing to do.

If I was the new Nightborne leader I know who I would put my weight behind.
    Has logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Uuuuugh, things are already looking bad for anyone who expected Alleria to be neutral. I hope Arator is more level-headed and calls out Vereesa on any bs she tries to push on Alleria.
    Given Alleria's past I wouldn't expect her to have much warm sentiment for the Horde - she might recognize that the current Horde isn't the same as the old Horde, but it's quite the hurdle to think positively of a group that carries the name (and some of the people) who originally slaughtered your loved ones and burnt down large portions of your homeland. She might not be as adamant in her views as Vereesa, but she definitely has a long way to go toward faction neutrality of any kind.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    For god's sake, may they stay the fuck out of there. If we keep going this way I'll drag all the elves I can (of all sides) into the Gurubashi Arena and nuclearize the place. I swear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    For god's sake, may they stay the fuck out of there. If we keep going this way I'll drag all the elves I can (of all sides) into the Gurubashi Arena and nuclearize the place. I swear it.
    Well, while I don't personally want the Nightborne to join the Horde in their entirety, I don't quite have the same emotions as you. I would prefer the Nightborne remain their own people (e.g. neutral and appearing periodically as questgiver NPC's or the like) or possibly as an alternative racial texture for both Night Elves and/or Blood Elves if such a feature is ever released.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, while I don't personally want the Nightborne to join the Horde in their entirety, I don't quite have the same emotions as you. I would prefer the Nightborne remain their own people (e.g. neutral and appearing periodically as questgiver NPC's or the like) or possibly as an alternative racial texture for both Night Elves and/or Blood Elves if such a feature is ever released.
    sub race for blood/night elves

And little by little, my speculation of the nightborne and high elves being added as subraces to blood and night elves seems closer to become reality.

I'm ecstactic, really. If this turns out to be reality in 8.0, I'll race change my night elf (which was a blood elf before) as soon as it's available.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    And little by little, my speculation of the nightborne and high elves being added as subraces to blood and night elves seems closer to become reality.

I'm ecstactic, really. If this turns out to be reality in 8.0, I'll race change my night elf (which was a blood elf before) as soon as it's available.
    none of this magically has made High elves any less closer to being completely wiped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    none of this magically has made High elves any less closer to being completely wiped out.
    I wouldn't mind more customization to make sub-races a thing with new races too.
    But how would the other elves work for the other main elves?
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given Alleria's past I wouldn't expect her to have much warm sentiment for the Horde - she might recognize that the current Horde isn't the same as the old Horde, but it's quite the hurdle to think positively of a group that carries the name (and some of the people) who originally slaughtered your loved ones and burnt down large portions of your homeland. She might not be as adamant in her views as Vereesa, but she definitely has a long way to go toward faction neutrality of any kind.

from the datamined 7.3 voice lines, she indeed still has some hatred for the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by datamined voice lines WoWhead
    vareesa: There is more. I... I am not sure how to explain the rest. Or if this is even the time or place to-
    alleria: I must know, Vereesa. What fate befell our sister?

-insert missing shit-

alleria: Impossible! I refuse to believe she now leads the Horde. Not after all they did to our people during the war.

- missing shit -

unknown (probably vareesa): Sisters are complicated. Especially the undead ones.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    from the datamined 7.3 voice lines, she indeed still has some hatred for the horde.

That's the information was I referring to above. Alleria is definitely still pro-Alliance, as would be expected really. I do wonder what she'll think of the Night Elves being part of the Alliance, though - or the Sin'dorei/Quel'dorei split and the reasons for its continuance.