View Poll Results: Your preference :

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • Ranimate Old Zones (but not like Cataclysm)

49 62.82%
  • Just wanna see a new continent again

29 37.18%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdoms Old Zones

I dream of an expension where the events would takes place on Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms.

We would discover again the olds "forgotten" zones...
    Like Feralas, Stonetalon Mountains, Felwood, Winterspring, Hinterlands, etc...

Question :
    What do you think about getting back old zones ?
    (Not like Cataclysm did with only a "fresh" look, but bringing action into thoses zones.)

here's some nostalgy :
    http://dongyrn.thegrahamdesign.com/i...rcraft_RC3.jpg

Sorry for my bad english.
    Daille.

Nonononononooooooooooooooooo. Don't want to see decades old shit i've quested through a dozen times ever again. Please no. That would be the first expansion i'd skip.

Feralas, Tanaris, Hinterlands, Duskwood... some of the best zones are on Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. I'd love to visit them again after another "Cataclysm" as new high level zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? The old world has interesting stories to tell, plots to resolve, etc.

It'd be a good way to shake things up, as well (Reclaimed Gilneas & Stromgarde)

There's the opportunity to heal some of the damage from the Cataclysm that made the world an eyesore.

We might actually get the feeling of being adventurers again.

We could not only revisit old stories that need updates (Stromgarde), but seed new ones as well setting up future expansions.

We could finally stitch Quel'thalas and Azuremyst into their actual maps, rather than have them languishing on the Outland one. Shouldn't be terribly hard, especially what with the fact that they'll be saving time now that they don't have to make the rest of the continents flyable again.

We might actually get the feeling of being adventurers once again. It'd be a nice power reset.

We could undo the "World of memecraft" questing experience that Cataclysm afflicted us with.

Plus, we've had post-Cata Azeroth for longer than we had the original Azeroth.

Deleted
    I would love to have wow 2 with COMPLETELY rewamped old world, or should I say, built from scratch with totally different story lines and major quest plots. For that of course something really big should happen, for example void invasion, which would result in a massive battle with large amount of destruction and that would make something as big possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Low level zones teach new players WOW lore and storyline from Cata, and pre-Cata zones was giving players view of original World of Warcraft lore.

I.e. Forsaken starting location had different lore in comprasion to Cata starting location, Pre-Cata Forsaken wasnt raised by Sylvanas but was freed minions of Lich King's Scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Low level zones teach new players WOW lore and storyline from Cata, and pre-Cata zones was giving players view of original World of Warcraft lore.

I.e. Forsaken starting location had different lore in comprasion to Cata starting location, Pre-Cata Forsaken wasnt raised by Sylvanas but was freed minions of Lich King's Scourge.
    Which is all kinds of wrong, because now the leveling timeline is fucked up.

They start in Cata, then go back in time to BC, go forward in time, but still behind Cata for WotLK, then they go back to the Cata timeline... If you are leveling a Pandaren or just any Monk it's even more fucked up, as you start in the MoP timeline, immediately go back to the Cata timeline, then go back further to the TBC timeline, then to WotLK, then back to Cata, then back to MoP where you started... seriously, what the fuck?

The old world should have been left the hell alone (and Monks should start at 83 or so, to preserve the timeline)... A couple of quality of life updates like more flightpaths and fixing a couple wonky quests? Sure, but changing the whole damn world was a stupid decision.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-07-07 at 06:25 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Why not? The old world has interesting stories to tell, plots to resolve, etc.

It'd be a good way to shake things up, as well (Reclaimed Gilneas & Stromgarde)

There's the opportunity to heal some of the damage from the Cataclysm that made the world an eyesore.

We might actually get the feeling of being adventurers again.

We could not only revisit old stories that need updates (Stromgarde), but seed new ones as well setting up future expansions.
    I 100% agree with your thoughts.
    We want to be heroes again ! FOR AZEROTH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    I 100% agree with your thoughts.
    We want to be heroes again ! FOR AZEROTH.
    I want to be an adventurer again, we are "heroes" right now, too much so, and it's gotten ridiculous.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Ten times yes to a revamped as scaled Azeroth! Especially if they find a smart way to fix the timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    Ten times yes to a revamped as scaled Azeroth! Especially if they find a smart way to fix the timeline.
    Simple, make TBC and WotLK optional, or update/revamp them with the rest of the world to fit within the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Simple, make TBC and WotLK optional, or update/revamp them with the rest of the world to fit within the timeline.
    Yep, making them accessible through time portals in the Caverns of Time with Chromie as the initial questgiver could be a start too! This, and as you said, making it optional.

Deleted
    *looks at poll*
    *looks at hundreds of posts saying a revamp will never happen again because people don't want it after cataclysm*
    *looks back at the poll*

anyway, I've always said that they need to revamp the entire game but make it an evergreen revamp that will be consistent with upcoming changes so that the world of warcraft will be a decent experience for players 10 years down the line, they really suck at making this a proper world

I've always been pro fixing up the timeline and questing. But each expansion messes it up more and more.

EK and Kalimdor should be detached towards the timeline, every quest and zone is time neutral - killing bears, collecting stuff, things that make sense regardless of who's warchief or high king or whatever.

The timeline should begin pre-WoD or pre-MoP

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Which is all kinds of wrong, because now the leveling timeline is fucked up.

They start in Cata, then go back in time to BC, go forward in time, but still behind Cata for WotLK, then they go back to the Cata timeline... If you are leveling a Pandaren or just any Monk it's even more fucked up, as you start in the MoP timeline, immediately go back to the Cata timeline, then go back further to the TBC timeline, then to WotLK, then back to Cata, then back to MoP where you started... seriously, what the fuck?

The old world should have been left the hell alone (and Monks should start at 83 or so, to preserve the timeline)... A couple of quality of life updates like more flightpaths and fixing a couple wonky quests? Sure, but changing the whole damn world was a stupid decision.
    It will be solved when they introduce level scalling to the world. And it will happen, sooner or later.

Deleted
    I would love some zones to get a major overhaul (Silithus, Arathi im looking at you...)
    but would much prefer if they just added scaling to all zones.
    So you can experience content without it going grey
    would also shake things up a bit, hitting 50 and doing Darkshore instead of Winterspring etc
    Would be absolutely amazing if they done the same to Outlands, NR isnt so bad, but i loathe questing in outlands, and tend to just spam dungeons till 68

7+ Year Old Account
    Only if Kalimdor and EK will be heavy changed by Legion/Old Gods attack. Like make Elwynn Forest burned to the ground and Stormwind is completely devastated into ruins (both from low level zones become high level ones). Also i really wish blizzard will make capitols power change like destroying SW/Ironforge/Darnassus and make Grim Batol/Shadowforge/Feralas/Stormgarde new Alliance capitols.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It will be solved when they introduce level scalling to the world. And it will happen, sooner or later.
    I really wish they wouldn't... Level scaling completely fucks any sense of power gain I have while leveling.

I don't like the "I can go wherever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want" feeling because it's void of logic. The point of leveling is to get stronger to go take on stronger enemies, scaling completely removes that, you lose the "I'm not strong enough for that yet" feeling that is, quite frankly, very important in RPGs.

Level scaling opposite of how Blizzard does it (scaling you down to the world as GW2 does, not the world up to you) would work for me, I absolutely do not like Blizzard's version.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-07-07 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What reason would we have to go back? Come up with something interesting instead of "Don't you want to see it again?" and you'll get more than a wall of "Hell no!"

They would need a complete revamp once again, so I doubt it will happen anyway. What the fuck are level 120s going to be doing in EK & Kalimdor anyway? You think I want to pick Okra and kill some haywyre reavers after standing shoulder to shoulder with Azeroth's most powerful lore figures? One minute I'm travelling THROUGH FUCKING SPACE to ANOTHER PLANET to kill THE END OF ALL THINGS and the next I'm gathering stew ingredients.

Without drastic changes nothing would make sense.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-07-07 at 11:59 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    One minute I'm travelling THROUGH FUCKING SPACE to ANOTHER PLANET to kill THE END OF ALL THINGS and the next I'm gathering stew ingredients.
    We can see this like a retirement.
    We were heroes.
    We retire in old Azeroth instead going to news zones.
    In this Old Azeroth (Kalim/EK) a local threat would happen.
    And we would fight again. Here.