Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sylvanas is a raid boss!

I knew it! Finally Garrosh will be avenged!

7+ Year Old Account
    top kek

/10char

Umm and what is the source here exactly? Perhaps you can be more clear about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, as much as I totally believe that good ol' Dread Lord Vari on what he says THIS time, I think we're going to need to see more happening before that gets confirmed. Though to be honest it's only a matter of time before it happens anyway. '.'

Well a lying bastard... rather we will see Jaina as a boss

do explain please

"Varimathras taunts Alliance
    Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    Varimathras: When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you.

Varimathras taunts Horde
    Varimathras: So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job.
    Varimathras: Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst."

this sounds like she has an ulterior motive, for sure.

Unless he wants to turn us against her out of spite... Dreadlords ARE known manipulators after all. Not that I would in any way oppose the idea of Sylvanas going nuts, considering all she's done since cata

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Unless he wants to turn us against her out of spite... Dreadlords ARE known manipulators after all. Not that I would in any way oppose the idea of Sylvanas going nuts, considering all she's done since cata
    hopefully. i want to kill her.

i'd prefer it be a one on one fight, so i can take my time on her. or maybe one on two, with her disgusting boyfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    I knew it! Finally Garrosh will be avenged!
    Uhm, first of all, if it is true - missing spoiler tag.

Secondly, where's your proof?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You're going to believe the words of a demon? If anything, Jaina will be a boss that will hopefully die in the most brutal way. Alliance needs to lose more main characters, horde has suffered enough.

Deleted
    If I added spoiler tag that would incline it's true yet all we can do now is guess. Tho I'm pretty 100% sure it's gonna end like that. It's Blizz afterall.

Deleted
    Sylvanas wont be a boss just because there isnt any important lore character on the Horde to be warchief anymore, outside of Bob who is happy with Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Sylvanas is never going to become a raid boss. It's obviously Jaina that is in question, not Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    Sylvanas with an ulterior motive ?
    WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Sylvanas is never going to become a raid boss. It's obviously Jaina that is in question, not Sylvanas.
    How is Jaina even remotely related to what Var says.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "Varimathras taunts Alliance
    Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    Varimathras: When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you.

Varimathras taunts Horde
    Varimathras: So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job.
    Varimathras: Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst."

No, Sylvanas possessing ulterior motives? Surely not!

The thing is, we know she has ulterior motives. Vol'jin knew she had ulterior motives, he could have just as easily ignored the urgings of the Loa spirits and named a more palatable successor as Warchief - Baine, Thrall (again), another troll, Lor'themar - even Gallywix! What he recognised is that Sylvanas is a military strategist without parallel, and that is due to her ruthlessness and indifference to committing war crimes. Players respond to her because she's the only one on our side (notionally) whose primary motivations are selfish and whose methods are Machiavellian. Sylvanas is interesting for these reasons, if you look a little deeper it makes you question not only the general morality of aligning yourself with a monster for the "greater good", but challenges you to accept the consequences of choosing to do so.

Looking at things outside of the universe, I think it's clear that Blizzard knows they have to tread very carefully where Sylvanas is concerned. They have fumbled with too many fan favourites before - Thrall, Jaina, Cuckfurion & Tyrande... Even Illidan, whose resurrection was met with mixed reactions. Of what's remaining, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that most players consider Sylvanas their favourite hero. Even though we know she's a problem that has to be dealt with at some point in the future - the Forsaken goal of self-preservation and perpetuation must eventually impose a toll on the other races of Azeroth - we don't want to see it or have any part in it. If you hate her and want her to be a raid boss you can kill, you're in the minority.

All that said, Varimathras is hardly an impartial, unbiased source. She initially outsmarted him and press-ganged him into servitude. Varimathras thought he could outsmart her and acquire power by manipulating the Royal Apothecary Society, but (with the help of the Horde) she defeated him again. Varimathras is a mug who has been played and is thoroughly salty about it, and his primary motivations have shifted from advancing the Legion's war efforts to a personal vendetta with Sylvanas that he will inevitably lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

The guy that betrayed us once already and tried to summon the legion to UC is totes trustworthy I guess. Poor Vari is just misunderstood.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muh View Post
    Well a lying bastard... rather we will see Jaina as a boss
    Of course we will (Jaina). Her heart is a crater and they have filled it.

bitch pls she was barely a dg boss in end of times
    Bitch Pls