Deleted

Sargeras & stopping the Void Lords?

So I was just reading chronicles again and there's something I don't fully understand. How does Sargeras destroying all life in the universe stop the Void Lords? Let me see if I get this straight:

- The Void Lords can't manifest in reality and want to corrupt a Titan (for what I can't remember. Maybe it helps them manifest in reality so they can consume all energy)

- To this end they send out the Old Gods to try and corrupt a sleeping titan/world soul

- Sargeras learns of the void and that a planet has almost been consumed by the old gods/void. Sargeras kills the world soul.

- Sargeras decides that he must now eradicate all life because he doesn't want the void lords to...'win' (I need to check up on what it is that happens when a world soul is corrupted=the void lords ultimate goal)

There would be no life in the universe but the void lords would still be there. Even Sargeras hopes that life would start again. How does this stop the void lords?
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-07-07 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without life the void dies, he wanted to clear off all life and once the void died he wanted to recreate it all again, think of it as a hard restart.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Without life the void dies, he wanted to clear off all life and once the void died he wanted to recreate it all again, think of it as a hard restart.
    Is there a reference for that? I don't know how killing all life could destroy things that exist outside reality...

Edit: Also, if Sargeras wants a hard reset, how can life start again?

''It was this event that led Sargeras to abandon his brethren in the Pantheon, form the demonic Burning Legion and vow to purge the cosmos of all life — in his mind, a lifeless universe was better than one absolutely ripped apart by the Void, for he argued that if life had once taken root in the Great Dark on its own, perhaps it would do so again'

What's to stop the voidlords returning when life returns?
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-07-07 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    My memory may serve me wrong, but I think his goal isn't to eradicate all life, it's to reshape it in the form of the Legion, an army that could stand against the Void Lords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    My memory may serve me wrong, but I think his goal isn't to eradicate all life, it's to reshape it in the form of the Legion, an army that could stand against the Void Lords.
    'It was this event that led Sargeras to abandon his brethren in the Pantheon, form the demonic Burning Legion and vow to purge the cosmos of all life — in his mind, a lifeless universe was better than one absolutely ripped apart by the Void, for he argued that if life had once taken root in the Great Dark on its own, perhaps it would do so again'

Can't remember if it's clearly stated, but I always thought that he literally wanted to redesign physical universe.

Because life forms were corruptible, he considered it kinda like bug/error in creation.
    So he wanted to destroy everything Pantheon has built so far and start again with "enhanced firewall" against Void, whatever that would be.

Think it's not written like that in Chronicle though, just me trying to read between lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Is there a reference for that? I don't know how killing all life could destroy things that exist outside reality...

Edit: Also, if Sargeras wants a hard reset, how can life start again?

''It was this event that led Sargeras to abandon his brethren in the Pantheon, form the demonic Burning Legion and vow to purge the cosmos of all life — in his mind, a lifeless universe was better than one absolutely ripped apart by the Void, for he argued that if life had once taken root in the Great Dark on its own, perhaps it would do so again'

What's to stop the voidlords returning when life returns?
    A hard reset where only the titans live, I'm pretty sure it was stated in chronicle.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    It's about world souls more than anything. He wants to destroy or control every nascent Titan so none of them can be used by the Void to conquer the universe.

Deleted
    With no life, there is nothing to corrupt. But with no life there is nothing to protect from Void as well. Sargeras knew it but chose this path anyway.