Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I just find it amusing that she is reacting to people other people reacting. If she wasn't angry before, she is now. Maybe next time she'll realize the consequences of her actions before she does them.
    -sigh-

For the 15th time the consequence doesn't fit the action

The wold is obviously fucked if this basic premise is difficult to grasp, a world where we're shrugging off criminal acts

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    -sigh-

The wold is obviously fucked if this basic premise is difficult to grasp, a world where we're shrugging off criminal acts
    What criminal acts, supposed threats from internet neck beards?

It's well known how seriously many people take disrespect of their national flag, especially the US. I have no idea what she expected, clearly she expected nothing to happen otherwise she wouldn't have done it. This is exactly the same as people saying racial slurs and getting their ass kicked afterwards. Yet in that situation no one cry's for them talking about false equivalence.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Nope, claims need evidence. I see none and based on her character I am inclined to not believe her.

- - - Updated - - -

You are exactly right, I do believe she's lying.

What you believe doesn't matter at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    -sigh-

What criminal acts? I am truly interested in seeing what acts were committed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What you believe doesn't matter at all.
    Which is why folks want to see the evidence that verify her claims, then we wont need belief.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is disgusting and shows a lack of respect not only for her country, but other citizens. But no one should threaten her over it. Her actions are protected under the Constitution. But so are those who say she is wrong and find it very disrespectful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post

"I hope you get X" isn't a threat.
    Depending on the context it certainly can be.

What criminal acts? I am truly interested in seeing what acts were committed.
    Isn't threatening someone's life against the law?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Haven't seen any threats on her life, have you?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    On the internet it is free speech, in real life it is against the law!

Haven't seen any threats on her life, have you?
    "Emily Lance received online threats of murder and rape after posting the video during Independence Day celebrations."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    "Emily Lance received online threats of murder and rape after posting the video during Independence Day celebrations."
    Yeah but he doesn't BELIEVE those happened, so they didn't. At least in his small world.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Yeah but he doesn't BELIEVE those happened, so they didn't. At least in his small world.
    Well, if those things happened than his entire argument turns to shit...therefore those things must not have happened.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Which may or may not be illegal. Not every area of the world operates under the same laws... and if she posted them herself, its only illegal if she reports it as a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Which may or may not be illegal. Not every area of the world operates under the same laws... and if she posted them herself, its only illegal if she reports it as a crime.
    In what country is it not illegal to threaten to murder or rape someone?

In what country is it not illegal to threaten to murder or rape someone?
    There have been a lot of changes to laws involving things like this in recent years, so I can't speak in any certain terms but it used to not be uncommon at all that you could make such threats over the internet because most states required the person had to have reasonable ability/intent to carry out the threat, same with internet jobbers saying they were going to kill the president/senator/governor and whatnot.
    Dude 1 uses racial slur towards white people. (no infraction)
    Dude 2 asks Dude 1 why he is so racist towards white people. (infraction)

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I am wrong, that is a news report that claims she received them... Those are not the actual threats, nor are they evidence of any threats... come on counselor, you know better.

Correct me if I am wrong, that is a news report that claims she received them... Those are not the actual threats, nor are they evidence of any threats... come on counselor, you know better.
    You probably need to lay off the drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're not concerned that a fellow citizen is receiving death threats and rape threats over exercising her freedom of speech? Why should be not believe her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So you're not concerned that a fellow citizen is receiving death threats and rape threats over exercising her freedom of speech? Why should be not believe her?
    IF, in fact, she received them perhaps she should involve law enforcement. Because this thread could run to 100 pages and folks going back and forth and nothing would be resolved. But to be brutally honest with you, Ms Purulent FlagPisser wanted attention, she got it, I have zero sympathy for her.

- - - Updated - - -

You probably need to lay off the drugs.
    is that your professional opinion?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-07-07 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40518395

I'm of two minds... I dislike controversial videos for attention especially by typical narcissistic vloggers HOWEVER the responses are beyond retarded and childish. Despite my personal opinion she does have a point with "What don't you people understand? You're celebrating freedom while damning me for doing the same. You can't have it both ways,"

That said people really need to get over the unhealthy obsession with flags
    the only reason she has a point is because its that slippery slope we have introduced that anyone can say what they want then hide behind the umbrella called freedom of speech. what she forgets is that the flag she is urinating on, that country gives her the right to freedom of speech. I am from Pakistan, living in Canada now. I know what it means to live in a country where you are not free to voice your opinion. But that doesnot equate to using it as an attack especially when there arent many places on earth where people have this affordability.

People need to realize that they are welcome to their opinions, no one is arguing that, but that their opinions will and SHOULD have consequences. In this case part of the consequences is the fallout on her family. I would say that she should have had the wisdom to foresee, that but her actions speak otherwise..

Lastly what is wrong will always be wrong. No one with a half working brain can in any capacity say that urinating on a country flag, YOUR OWN COUNTRY'S flag is the work of a decent/good person.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)