Question US - EU question

Hello everyone, I've been playing WoW since 2008 in US-Burning Blade. I have a chance to move to EU, Poland (Krakow) to be precise. I'm wondering if I will be able to play in US-Burning Blade.

Does anyone have experience of doing something like this? moving from the US to EU and continued playing with your chars in an US realm?

Thanks!

Yes you can. Time difference Will make it harder to do organized raiding and such tho.

Quote Originally Posted by meluzors View Post
    Hello everyone, I've been playing WoW since 2008 in US-Burning Blade. I have a chance to move to EU, Poland (Krakow) to be precise. I'm wondering if I will be able to play in US-Burning Blade.

Does anyone have experience of doing something like this? moving from the US to EU and continued playing with your chars in an US realm?

Thanks!
    Im currently a player with both an EU and US account, as said the timezone will cause problems, please do also remember that ping will be a thing, personally from Denmark I have a consistent 150 ping, whilst it's not unplayable at all for me playing druid, it is however something you have to get used to.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted

Obvious time-zone issues aside..

You can play just fine. But it depends a bit on your Internet connection (routing). You should land somewhere around 100-150 ms latency, which is just fine.
    Slootbag (ex-Midwinter, ex-Serenity etc) lives in Canada and plays on EU servers. If it works for high-end competitive raiding, I'm quite sure it should work for you as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    Obvious time-zone issues aside..

You can play just fine. But it depends a bit on your Internet connection (routing). You should land somewhere around 100-150 ms latency, which is just fine.
    Slootbag (ex-Midwinter, ex-Serenity etc) lives in Canada and plays on EU servers. If it works for high-end competitive raiding, I'm quite sure it should work for you as well.
    The difference that Slootbag sits at home all day long, normal people go to school or work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    The difference that Slootbag sits at home all day long, normal people go to school or work.
    How has that anything to do with your latency or your technical ability to play?!?

Deleted
    How has that anything to do with your latency or your technical ability to play?!?
    Nothing, just refering to Slootbag managing to play succesfull on eu-servers. I think he's not the best example considering his life. Technical stuff aside.

Deleted
    Nothing, just refering to Slootbag managing to play succesfull on eu-servers. I think he's not the best example considering his life. Technical stuff aside.
    Huh? What the fuck are you on about?
    The question OP posted wasn't about Sloots lifestyle. It was about playing across the Atlantic. I don't quite understand where you're going with this?

And what was wrong with my example?

Time zone will make things challenging if you have a normal day job / social life (if you plan to say raid on a schedule). Lag will be higher of course, but the good thing about MMO is you don't need picture perfect lag to play. I mean sloot plays from Canada on EU servers and has a pretty good track record of being able to play well. Really it just boils down to when and who you want to play with and does it work now and is a little lag really going to bother you.

(Sorry OP looks like people want to make your question a Sloot vs the World thread, kek, just ignore them)
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-07-08 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    What is wrong with that, he is a normal person,he does go to work, his job is his stream, that's he makes a living as he is making enough money from that to live on.

Deleted
    Huh? What the fuck are you on about?
    The question OP posted wasn't about Sloots lifestyle. It was about playing across the Atlantic. I don't quite understand where you're going with this?
    Dont bother with it than ������

Deleted
    What is wrong with that, he is a normal person,he does go to work, his job is his stream, that's he makes a living as he is making enough money from that to live on.

Deleted
    Dont bother with it than ������
    Ok.. backing away slowly..
    Have a good life man.. but please don't quote my posts again. I don't want to do this riddling game again.

Ya'll getting trolled here fyi.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimentoez View Post
    Never said there is anything wrong with that. Playing a game for a living does allow you certain flexibilities over others who play that same game as a hobby, their day doesnt involve playing that game. Thats what I meant with not being a good comparison for somebody who just moves from the US to Poland.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.. backing away slowly..
    Have a good life man.. but please don't quote my posts again. I don't want to do this riddling game again.
    I'll decide on that. If your post is interesting enough, I'll reply. Public forum eh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Ya'll getting trolled here fyi.
    Yeah, noticed a bit too late.

I was asking from a technical perspective. Unfortunately I'm not raiding nowadays so that won't be an issue for me.

The latency is something I'm very used to, I'm currently playing from in Argentina... so... you merely adopted lag, I was born in it, molded by it :P

Thank you very much for the replies!

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks!
    You can still play on your US server, though with a little bit of latency. I started playing WoW from EU on a US server.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..