Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I'd like to see a source on that.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3119278/ha...ater-liberals/

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    ...That seems like an interesting statement. Would love to see some citations for this.
    https://www.google.fi/?gws_rd=ssl#q=japan+birth+rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub-replacement_fertility

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh
    then it's time to automate.

it's time to stop with this crap. automate and make life better for your own people instead of bringing in 3rd worlders that generally do nothing but make things worse.

the syrian refugees, ok, maybe some of them. but not to japan, japan doesn't need that burden. but the others, no, they do nothing but increase crime and be a general pain for everyone.
    Automation doesn't help when your people are literally dying out of not breeding enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter
    No, they haven't.
    Yes they have and long ago now. That is why there is a crisis in the first place.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    My wife works. Are you saying women aren't equal to men?
    Most women take significant time off work for maternity leave and to care for young children. This is common sense and the decent thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yes they have and long ago now. That is why there is a crisis in the first place.
    No, if they've passed the point of no return it means there will be no japanese soon. That's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Sure. Then make the argument that these particular aspects of these cultures are detrimental. What you're saying here has nothing to do with my argument and betrays your illogical preconceptions of me.
    Particular aspects? Deflection much?

You insinuated that a dominant culture should overtake another that refuses to compete with it. Islam a warring/conquering ideology, not a moral compass.

Step off that pedestal.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

smart move , robots > refugees

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Conquest is why islam is incompatible with many countries, Islam has a heavy background in conquest and making people submit to it.
    This is true of western civilization as well, but that isn't particularly relevant.

We are not talking about military conquest, we are talking about cultural conflict. There is actually a difference if you study the humanities as opposed to getting your entire understanding of human society from cable news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Sure. Then make the argument that these particular aspects of these cultures are detrimental. What you're saying here has nothing to do with my argument and betrays your illogical preconceptions of me.
    Unless you have an authoritarian government to assert control and punish those who go against them then Islam has a lot of advantage against other ideas/cultures due to conquest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This is true of western civilization as well, but that isn't particularly relevant.

We are not talking about military conquest, we are talking about cultural conflict. There is actually a difference if you study the humanities as opposed to getting your entire understanding of human society from cable news.
    Cultural conquest does not need military conquest. You just need enough people to have influence. Islam is effective at tethering its believers to Islam, they don't abandon it easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have an authoritarian government to assert control and punish those who go against them then Islam has a lot of advantage against other ideas/cultures due to conquest.
    Because Western civilization has never engaged in conquest or forced acculturation, right.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Most women take significant time off work for maternity leave and to care for young children. This is common sense and the decent thing to do.
    The first year within a new country? That's promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    Japans not suicidal like France, Canada, Germany and Sweden
    I thoughtt Japans suicide rates were rather high.

OT: The concept of taking in refugees is not intended to fix labor issues. Countries take in refugees for humanitarian reasons and if they have the means in doing so.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

On the positive side they are pushing hard for automation technology, which might lead us to a better society for all where dreary work is done by automation.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

No, if they've passed the point of no return it means there will be no japanese soon. That's not the case.
    Correct but first their economy will collapse under the weight of having no young people to support their safety net then maybe they will change their worst policies and cultural traditions that are killing the family unit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cultural conquest does not need military conquest. You just need enough people to have influence.
    And you're dodging the question, but that's to be expected.

Why is it that Islam is apparently so much better at cultural conquest than Western civilization. What is it about Islamic culture that is so attractive to people, whereas Western culture needs to be kept behind walls and isolated in order to survive.

Because Western civilization has never engaged in conquest or forced acculturation, right.
    I don't know what this has to do with what I said. Western civilization does not do conquest nowadays, it's not particularly authoritarian but more live and let live. Islam is not.

- - - Updated - - -

And you're dodging the question, but that's to be expected.

Why is it that Islam is apparently so much better at cultural conquest than Western civilization. What is it about Islamic culture that is so attractive to people, whereas Western culture needs to be kept behind walls and isolated in order to survive.
    It isn't attractive to outsiders but to those who are born and brought up in it, they tether them pretty effectively to the ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    So actually they wouldn't help japans labor crisis since they can't work.
    Dang... that was a quick checkmate.

Why is this thread still alive?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what this has to do with what I said. Western civilization does not do conquest nowadays it's not particularly authoritarian but more live and let live. Islam is not.
    Okay, so your argument is basically that Western culture has no ability to export itself anymore.

In which case; why is it worth protecting. If it is not an attractive enough culture to survive on its own merits, then what is the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    The first year within a new country? That's promising.
    Most of Canada is fine with this seeing as we voted in a government who is in favour of us taking in our fair share. Get on board.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't attractive to outsiders but to those who are born and brought up in it, they tether them pretty effectively to the ideology.
    If it's not attractive to outsiders then there is absolutely no risk of 'cultural suicide' by letting Muslim immigrants into Western countries.

Okay, so your argument is basically that Western culture has no ability to export itself anymore.

In which case; why is it worth protecting. If it is not an attractive enough culture to survive on its own merits, then what is the point.
    No, it isn't. It's that islam is stronger in cultural influence due to the amount of believers and how strongly they believe, to those who are born within it.