Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Another bullshit expansion what mean literally nothing.
    Another bullshit forum post what mean literally nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Another bullshit forum post what mean literally nothing.
    Means more than you can imagne...

10+ Year Old Account
    3 years of hearthstone and still no new playable death knight class ?

there will never be a brand new class introduced that far into the current established system

or at least not for many years to come

and thank god for that

Its a bummer that we won't get a new class but that doesn't mean that we will never see one. This would've been a fitting expansion to introduce a death knight class, but if they want to make one anyway they can just do so in another expansion. They could do something like an Ebon Blade expansion with some Forsaken stuff mixed into it, filling all the available undead related stuff. So far I'm satisfied with the new content where they will also release an adventure that is completely optional and apparantly going to be very hard. The new cards so far don't seem to RNG'ish, but rather based on good value which is a good direction to take the game with.

Priest quest could be good, new death rattle cards and Amara can be amazing when you replace your hero with one with much lower health total then ramp it up to 40

A new class is never going to happen. It becomes even less likely as time goes on. The new class would be incredibly disadvantaged outside of Standard as the cardpool disparity between it and the existing classes is only going to get worse and worse, never mind what I already mentioned about how the set that introduced it would have to be practically nothing but cards for that class. We already have serious class identity and balance problems with the existing classes. They just showed how they want to implement something like Death Knight and it isn't a new class.

The main problem with the new DK mechanic is that quests just showed Blizzard has little to no idea how to make marquee build-around-me legendaries attractive, and when they do (Crystal Core) it got nerfed anyway.

Means more than you can imagne...
    It doesn't really.

We know almost nothing about the expansion except there's going to be Hero Cards now, and we know of one example.

That alone though is pretty big, so claiming the expansion means literally nothing is either silly, or premature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Expansions looks great, I can't wait to see the new DK version of each hero and what their hero power is. My only concern is that if there is a new legendary for each class and legendary hero this is going to be a very expensive expansion just like the last one. I hope this isn't their new model going forward.
    Un'Goro should be a good example that just because every class has extra legendaries it does not necessarily mean those legendaries will be good, and as a result if they are not good people will not be going out of their way to spend a ton of more dust to craft them.

Many thought Un'Goro was 'more expensive' because of quests and the quests taking up an extra legendary slot per class, yet look at how many of them actually turned out to be competitive after the 'fun testing'. I expect this expansion to turn out exactly the same way.

Another bullshit expansion what mean literally nothing. Hearthstone team is one of worst right now in Activision.
    uhmm... it's Blizzard?

As a side note, for those wanting new classes, one of the biggest hurdles when attempting to do so in HS (if not the most difficult) is making a new hero power that doesn't simply do what one or more of the others do, while also ensuring that at least on paper the new class' hero power does not have obviously superior benefits over all other class hero powers.

We already have a hero power that draws, many that do minion damage for board control, another that heals the board, one for face damage, still more board control, face 'healing', and board control dude spawning. What other form of hero power does the game really need as this point that wouldn't simply either be a variant of what we already have, or something overpowered and not needed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    It's hard enough to balance the current classes.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It's hard enough to balance the current classes.
    Then they should have only had one.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    They likely should have launched with fewer classes, or just done away with class identity entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    uhmm... it's Blizzard?
    Blizzard is only by name and logo, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It doesn't really.

We know almost nothing about the expansion except there's going to be Hero Cards now, and we know of one example.

That alone though is pretty big, so claiming the expansion means literally nothing is either silly, or premature.
    Forgive me for having such negative opinion about game, but after old gods expac where everyone might bombed you with C'Thun deck was just more than enough, to throw HS out from PC and never come back. I only once paid for HS, only for classic packs and i regret it since i didin't get any decent cards. Pure bullshit P2W game.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    I doubt they'll ever add a new class. There's already a ton of overlap in class identity as is. Not to mention the total clusterfuck that would be aligning their class cards with the current seasons. If they were going to add them, Naxxramas would have been the ideal time.

That said, I like the interpretation of DKs in this xp. It's almost like an alternative timeline where Arthas won and turned all the most powerful heroes into DKs. I wonder how it works with alternative heroes

Forgive me for having such negative opinion about game, but after old gods expac where everyone might bombed you with C'Thun deck was just more than enough, to throw HS out from PC and never come back. I only once paid for HS, only for classic packs and i regret it since i didin't get any decent cards. Pure bullshit P2W game.
    How are you using C'thun as an example of P2W, when everyone got C'thun for free?
    If anything, Old Gods was a good step in the right direction on that front. Same with the Knights of the Frozen Throne, giving out a free Class Hero card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How are you using C'thun as an example of P2W, when everyone got C'thun for free?
    If anything, Old Gods was a good step in the right direction on that front. Same with the Knights of the Frozen Throne, giving out a free Class Hero card.
    And here is problem. If you didin't get any decent cards what you can used with C'Thun on most classes, you lose fast. For example, look on warrior cards what syngeries with C'Thun.

Yea C'Thun was so powerful it owned at tournaments and was in virtually every deck which lead to it being nerfed to shit..... oh wait that never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Well it's too late for that.