Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Youd'd need to be real special to think that quote is about Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    And in a surprise twist make the dark iron dwarf evil? Not even Blizzard writing is that bad.
    Doesn't have to be her specifically, just someone who isn't as obvious as Jaina.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Not sure if someone's mentioned it in 10 pages that I'm unwilling to go through, but the new Hearthstone expansion trailer DOES feature Jaina talking about the cost of power, the corruption of power, and how you should be willing to pay the price to get what you want. She is literally the central figure of that trailer as she slowly turns evil and transforms into a Death-Knight-like version of herself. Granted the entire expansion is built around EVERY character doing that as the sort of central gimmick, but I find it striking that they chose Jaina of all people to showcase it. The rhetoric she uses is very striking indeed, and it's making me wonder...

We'll get three factions next expac.

The "True" Alliance led by Genn and Jaina. Will brake away when Auduin and Thrall try to united the horde as the "Best Buddies" faction.
    This will lead to Sylvanis and some new Orc NPC breaking away and making the "True" Horde.

If human you have to pick either the "true" alliance or "Best Buddies". If you can visit the other alliance factions cities and such but are restricted somehow. Same for horde toons.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Not sure if someone's mentioned it in 10 pages that I'm unwilling to go through, but the new Hearthstone expansion trailer DOES feature Jaina talking about the cost of power, the corruption of power, and how you should be willing to pay the price to get what you want. She is literally the central figure of that trailer as she slowly turns evil and transforms into a Death-Knight-like version of herself. Granted the entire expansion is built around EVERY character doing that as the sort of central gimmick, but I find it striking that they chose Jaina of all people to showcase it. The rhetoric she uses is very striking indeed, and it's making me wonder...
    Yeah that is what I found interesting about the new HS trailer and having her centering around her.. And even BelluarGaming has a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJLFVvirsUM where he talks about what the next xpac might be and talks a bit about Jaina..

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought it was talking about sylvanas

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Or maybe it was done because, out of all the heroes featured, Jaina has THE strongest link to the villain of the expansion pack, Arthas? Next closest would be Uther but still not as close as Jaina, Arthas' former lover.

That said, as a Death Knight player in WoW, i would love the idea of Jaina joining us. I just think that people are REALLY grasping at straws when they use things like this as an argument, it's like claiming Sanctuary is linked to Azeroth because Gul'dan has an Azmodan themed skin in HotS.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Dunno why people think this is anything but Sylvanas. The sigil of the Forsaken is literally a shattered mask.
    The tricky bit here is that Varimathras claims the forsaken will take over, nothing more, it's in no way certain who will do the betraying, i mean, after the broken shore i doubt many people in the alliance trust Sylvanas to begin with...

And of course there is the chance he's just trying to stir up some trouble, and none of it is true. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    The tricky bit here is that Varimathras claims the forsaken will take over, nothing more, it's in no way certain who will do the betraying, i mean, after the broken shore i doubt many people in the alliance trust Sylvanas to begin with...

And of course there is the chance he's just trying to stir up some trouble, and none of it is true. :P
    That' s true of the Horde comments, to sow dissension maybe, but why the Alliance? Nobody on that side ever interacted with him a single time. And the Alliance already do not trust the Forsaken, probably mistrust them more than any other Horde faction atm.

Its true to never trust a Dreadlord but for the Alliance's comments, I feel like he's just trying to get them to hate Sylvanas more for revenge and maybe somehow they would kill her. At least, that's how I take his attempt to say things to them.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its true to never trust a Dreadlord but for the Alliance's comments, I feel like he's just trying to get them to hate Sylvanas more for revenge and maybe somehow they would kill her. At least, that's how I take his attempt to say things to them.
    Maybe to force yet another senseless and boring faction conflict into the story? You know how much Blizz enjoys that particular plotline (That never goes anywhere), and if the Alliance does what Varimathras himself couldn't, that would fit the Dreadlord-thing perfectly...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Maybe to force yet another senseless and boring faction conflict into the story? You know how much Blizz enjoys that particular plotline (That never goes anywhere), and if the Alliance does what Varimathras himself couldn't, that would fit the Dreadlord-thing perfectly...
    I mean that already exists. I doubt that Genn has forgiven Sylvanas, and Jaina already distrusts the Horde. I doubt she'd go into open warfare with them unless the Horde does ANOTHER thing that either makes it seem like they were trying to fuck the Alliance over or actually does.

Was this thread written before it this text was attributed to Varimathras (it was data-mined before the person speaking was known??) or is the OP a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What I'd love to see is for Kul'tiras to be Insmouth. Fallen to N'zoth and his crustacean aqir many years ago, justifying why it has been so isolated lately. Jaina asks us to join her there, we start at Borealis were everything looks OK but something is off then over a scenario the entire city rises up against us calling prayers to N'zoth. Have humans be the main NPCs we kill for one expansion (we've killed scores of Orcs, Trolls and Elves by now).
    This would be amazing! would really enjoy a scenario/story line like this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Indeed, though the fact still stands that he WAS their warchief. Clearly the nature of the horde is to submit to the ruling of the warchief as much as "victory or death" is to be followed on the broken shore.
    That's the thing though. Victory or death. Letting the entire Horde leadership die on the Broken Shore would have been death. Maybe not for the entire planet as the Horde does not do much since the Broken Shore itself, but still.

Now you can either pretend that Victory or Death was applied to the entire war instead of just the first battle.

Or you can just look at Victory or Death as an old warcry of a tribal society from another planet.

At any rate it is more of a warcry than a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Illidari Tanaslin View Post
    This would be amazing! would really enjoy a scenario/story line like this!
    I cannot disagree more. Kul Tiras deserves to show its full might as a naval superiority. People tend to forget, but they were literally the best at sea-faring warfare among the Alliance or Horde. Even as a big fan of the Old God storyline (Often to the point of arguing against people who hate it), I don't think Blizzard should regulate all of them to being thralls of N'Zoth.

I'd much prefer an idea of a council of governors that Jaina is trying to convince to fully rejoin the Alliance yet some of them are followers of the Old Gods and trying to throw a monkey wrench into things, and the Kul Tiras storyline (Assuming, in this instance, that it's an Alliance-only zone) revolves around dealing with and ultimately exposing them.

They could even really make it convincing by having some of them bring up the fact that Jaina killed her own father and that's why they don't support her, but these people aren't actually the N'zoth followers. They could have some particularly enthusiastic member who WANTS to rejoin the Alliance be the one who is the traitor.

For the Horde? We definitely need an extended storyline in Kezan where we see somebody, Sassy Hardwrench in my honest opinion, deposing Gallywix and becoming the first Trade Princess among the Cartels. She always should have been the leader, and Gallywix remaining the leader makes no sense whatsoever and smacks of laziness on Blizzard's part. I want some subterfuge storyline where you're being directed around by Sassy, who only vaguely informs you that she's been in contact with some shadowy group who ultimately is revealed to be all of the other Trade Princes. And they decide to help you and her depose Gallywix because HE broke their sacred covenant of neutrality. And they'll ignore the hypocrisy of deposing him to install a sympathetic ally in order to get rid of him.

Anne Stickney, Jesse from the Lost Codex, and I basically created this entire storyline for a theoretical Kezan when we went to go visit Blizzard and I honestly feel like it'd be the coolest way they could re-introduce the zone back into the game.

I went even further and then, after Sassy deposes Gallywix, turns on the Trade Princes and tells them that as the current most influential member among them, she wants to consolidate the power all under her and become the Trade Queen of the Goblins. Fanon? Sure. I'll admit it. But Sassy deserves it. She's a goddamn bamf and made such an awesome name for herself in such a small time that it wouldn't be beneath her.

Sassy for Trade Queen 2018!
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-09 at 08:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How exactly?
    By not giving her pussy to Varian i quess.

What trust is there to break? Both factions hate eachother
    Genn/Jaina hates Sylvanas/Horde. Anduin/Velen/Malfurion still willing to work with Horde.

I think a better comparison would be that Jaina is Catelyn Stark (from the books, given a certain plot that the show isn't doing) and Sylvanas is Cersei Lannister.
    Nah Sylvanas is more Wylda Bolton.

All submit to the Ruling of the Warchief. As per nature of the Horde.
    I like how Horde fans use Horde rules. Lok Tar Ogar - orc's thing screw this! Sylvanas Warchief - All hail dark lady! Fuck Garrosh!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    None of your post makes any sense. The Alliance still officially has a tenuous truce with the Horde. That's why they worked together at the Broken Shore, that's why Genn's operation to Stormheim and conflict with the Forsaken is not an open war. There is still some level of trust between the Horde and Alliance.

The shattered mask can literally only refer to one thing. If you can point to one other "shattered mask" that makes any sense in the context of this reference I'd love to hear it.
    My point was that the voice lines of Varimathras contradicts itself. No, the Alliance does not trust Sylvanas considering they blame her for the death of Varian. She cannot betray them. The shattered mask can only refer to the Forsaken. If all this can be pinned on one character, none of what he says makes any sense.

So if there is any truth in his words, someone from within the Alliance will betray the trust of their leaders, ultimately leading to the Forsaken invading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Nah Sylvanas is more Wylda Bolton.
    Guess Sylvanas will make me very rich then.

I like how Horde fans use Horde rules. Lok Tar Ogar - orc's thing screw this! Sylvanas Warchief - All hail dark lady! Fuck Garrosh!
    "Lok'tar Ogar" is not a rule, is a war cry and a code of sort, whose its interpretation is not really absolute. Saurfang had issues with the Broken Shore, Eitrigg clearly did not. Both are orcs last time I checked. Besides, the Warchief's command is easily above any motto and ideology. The Warchief ordered to retreat. That means you'll retreat.

Garrosh's title lost all meaning the moment pretty much no one was willing to follow him. Pretty sure Sylvanas has yet to face these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It's pretty much Talking about Sylvanas.

"The Darkness Closing in Around you/The Darkness In your Midst" with the respective factions

As for it happening?

1) We don't know how reliable Varimathras is as a souce

2) Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I don't think Sylvanas fits Danery's profile very well.
    If anyone could be Dany, thet it'd be Calia Menethil. After all, Sylvanas is the ursurper and she's the rightful heir