Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    I freely admit: I hate the thought of tinker class precisely because of how striking was the similarity between tinker advocates here on forums and Romanian Gypsy beggars in real life.
    It is remarkable how often racists out themselves as significantly unintelligent and uninformed. The gypsies are not "Romanian", they are Romani (or Romany or Roma.) The two are completely separate people groups. Just like how Romans are also not Romanians even though many of those letters are the same.

With all the hints I have been seeing. Dark Ranger seems to be what is on the horizon.

wow has more than enough classes

Druids aren't dragonsworn. Druids take their power from Elune via the teaching of Cenarius (her son). Green Dragons were given power from Eonar the Titan. Ysera is the first to get the Green Dragon powers and was tasked to defend the Emerald Dream. Ysera saw how Cenarius was treating nature and she invited him into the Emerald Dream and they became best friends (or foster mother and son)
    Druids don't really take their power from Elune as evident in how Malfurion does not really have that much faith in Elune and he is the most powerful practitioner of the art. Their power comes from cosmic force of Life. When you are talking about how they do magic then it's all technical. The power of the green/red dragonflights and druid are very much related as they belong in the realm of the cosmic force of Life. The art of Druidism originated from Cenarius and mainstreamed by Malfurion.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-07-07 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Druids don't really take their power from Elune as evident in how Malfurion does not really have that much faith in Elune and he is the most powerful practitioner of the art. Their power comes from cosmic force of Life. When you are talking about how they do magic then it's all technical. The power of the green/red dragonflights and druid are very much related as they belong in the realm of the cosmic force of Life. The art of Druidism originated from Cenarius and mainstreamed by Malfurion.
    I know they both use the powers of nature. My point is that Druids take their powers from Elune (i should have added Malorne, my mistake), Cenarius (the first druid) take his powers from his parents : Malorne and Elune. Druids use nature (malorne) and astral (elune) powers.

Ysera take her power from Eonar.

Sure they are both "nature" spells, but they don't come from the same source or power. So the way i see it Druids are not "Dragonborn"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    You're not going to get an argument from me regarding the origins of druidism. That being said, it's a fundamental truth that the NE's were largely restricted from any prolonged access to the Emerald Dream until Ysera permitted it; it is this allowance on her part that, in my personal opinion, qualifies them as being "endowed by a dragonflight" with a very particular skillset.

This is taken directly from Chronicle I:

"The Aspect of Dreams, Ysera, then blessed the tree, binding it and all night elf druids to the Emerald Dream. Prior to this, Malfurion and his followers had wandered Ysera's realm, but doing so required difficult meditation. The new enchantment placed on Nordrassil would allow these druids to journey into the Dream whenever they so wished."
    But Druids had their powers prior to going into the Emerald Dream. Sure they are both Nature powers, but they don't come from the same origin.

I'd make the same differentiation between Fire mages and Destro Locks, they both use fire spells but they don't come from the same source.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    First races/subraces one expansion (8.0 please), then maybe a 3rd/4th spec for the non-druids another expansion (9.0), and only then if they get bored in 10.0 another class entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It was me who said that, and if a bard were to be like a traditional bard, that's how it would be - they will never add a class that uses a bow, since all the playstyles you can have with one have been used (if you want quick shots go BM, if you want slow, aimed shots go MM - that's as much as you can deviate with a bow)

My biggest gripe with tinker and bard? They're boring, they barely have any presence in world of warcraft lore, and they have been harped on about since WoW came out to be added, it's not a new thing to want them, they will never happen, get over it.
    Simply because YOU find these concepts "boring" doesn't mean that they will never happen.
    It's fairly arrogant for you to think so. People like different things, and it is in the best interest of a gaming company to cater to that diverse crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Simply because YOU find these concepts "boring" doesn't mean that they will never happen.
    It's fairly arrogant for you to think so. People like different things, and it is in the best interest of a gaming company to cater to that diverse crowd.
    This. 1000 times this. "Boring" is completely and totally subjective. I sincerely doubt the thousands of people who play Bards in FFXIV think their class is anything but boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    There's only three classes I can think of that are somewhat unique.

Runemaster, Tinker and this fan concept "Dragonmancer" (we'll just call it that for now).
    As I already stated in another post, I feel like these secondary classes such as Warden, Dark Ranger, Shadow Hunter, etc are much better off being put into the existing classes, especially if they can bring race identity to them. Thus making troll hunters Shadow Hunter, Belf / Undead Dark Ranger, Nelf Rogue Warden and that. (Same abilities, different visuals)

I personally think all these don't really have enough unique stuff to differentiate themselves from the current classes. People argued the Demon Hunter had the same issue but they were never even remotely close to Demonology even though people claimed so.
    I think the Pantheon now being alive as well as Wrathion's powers can make the Dragonmancer happen so I'd say Dragonmancer > Tinker > Runemaster

The new light blessed golem that was added in 7.3 made it so that it even opened up Tinker for Draenei and they already have orcs on the horde side that are great engineers. Which means you'll have two popular races and two of the least popular ones.
    The Tinker class wouldn't be successful if it was locked to the gnome and goblin race exclusively as people hate those two races the most.

First of all... a Hero Class... Is nothing more than start at another level than 1 and extras to compensate that, while trying to be unique. Here's a blue to confirm:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath.../interview.xml

When Blizzard said "Hero Class" they never had any intention of saying a class is more powerful as if you were a hero. It just means a class is more unique in play style. The word hero often seems to confuse players to think the opposite of what Blizzard defined it as.

"It's also important to keep in mind that even though the death knight is a hero class, that doesn't mean it is more powerful than the other classes, just that it will offer a very different playing experience."

They said on the back of the Wrath of the Lich King box "the first hero class".

As for what is next, they could use the old lore... Personally the last one that could be made unique is Shadow Hunter as it's like a Paladin but through Shadow and Voodoo. They could edit the name easily, tie it to the Shadowlands and the Loa that they worship, use a blessing system per spec, so Dambala for one and Lukou for healing. You can even make a healer class that hurts itself to heal others while you siphon HP from sources like adds or bosses.
    That is a very different way to play in terms of healing and insight to the playstyle of other healing classes. As for Tank or Damage, you could do anything if with the right theme.

Even if they don't, with enough push they could try to invent one that can be part of the universe. At one point things like Azeroth didn't make sense till they dropped the nugget of information for us.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-08 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    There's only three classes I can think of that are somewhat unique.

Runemaster, Tinker and this fan concept "Dragonmancer" (we'll just call it that for now).
    As I already stated in another post, I feel like these secondary classes such as Warden, Dark Ranger, Shadow Hunter, etc are much better off being put into the existing classes, especially if they can bring race identity to them. Thus making troll hunters Shadow Hunter, Belf / Undead Dark Ranger, Nelf Rogue Warden and that. (Same abilities, different visuals)

I personally think all these don't really have enough unique stuff to differentiate themselves from the current classes. People argued the Demon Hunter had the same issue but they were never even remotely close to Demonology even though people claimed so.
    I think the Pantheon now being alive as well as Wrathion's powers can make the Dragonmancer happen so I'd say Dragonmancer > Tinker > Runemaster

The new light blessed golem that was added in 7.3 made it so that it even opened up Tinker for Draenei and they already have orcs on the horde side that are great engineers. Which means you'll have two popular races and two of the least popular ones.
    The Tinker class wouldn't be successful if it was locked to the gnome and goblin race exclusively as people hate those two races the most.
    I can verify that the Lightforged Golem/Warframe is an actual Draenei mech that you can pilot in 7.3.

So yeah, Draenei Tinkers makes sense for me. Might have to change the name of the class though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well clearly Blizzard share my view because so far, not bards and tinkers to be seen
    Really? Blizzard released this just a few years ago;
    http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Gazlowe

And we had this just last year;

Really? Blizzard released this just a few years ago;
    Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want to HotS. It's not canon to any of the games it pulls characters from.

And we had this just last year;
    That is a faction leader, and, as such, is allowed to have stuff we, as players, would never have, like Varian Wrynn's swords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want to HotS. It's not canon to any of the games it pulls characters from.

That is a faction leader, and, as such, is allowed to have stuff we, as players, would never have, like Varian Wrynn's swords.
    I was simply responding to the poster who believes that Blizzard finds Tinkers "boring", and thus haven't used them in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire issue with new classes is that they need to credibly answer this question: How are the *meaningfully* different from existing classes? Not just slightly, but enough that you can pretty easily describe it to someone who doesn't spend time talking about this stuff much... a regular player.

If you can't differentiate a class then it's just fan wanking which is usually how games show their decline. Can't find new ideas, hey, let's do a cross between Class A and B...

For example, Dark Ranger... how is that really different from a hunter? Same for Shadow Hunter. Ninja? Why isn't that just a rogue? Etc, etc.

I was simply responding to the poster who believes that Blizzard finds Tinkers "boring", and thus haven't used them in years.
    Fair enough, I guess.

Deleted
    I wish there were Wardens. Or maybe that's what Survival hunters should have been like.

Wizard - Healer and ranged dps. Since we had none of that yet, and we might think its Kul'tiras expansion it makes sense :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WC3 has 4 Factions race and have several hero class: NE, Undead ,Horde and Alliance.

Alliance has Archmage, Mountain King, Paladin and Blood Mage.
    Horde has Farseer, Shadow Hunter, Blademaster
    Undead has: Dreadlord, Death Knight, Nerubian and Lich
    NE has Keeper of the Grove, Warden, DH and Priestess.

So far 2 have been implemented and one is viable and would fit in the coming expansion: Shadow Hunters.

The story arc of Trolls fits the Great/Veiled Sea expansion.
    The current leader of the Horde is an example of a Shadow Hunter: A Drow/Dark ranger spec and now Alleria embracing the Void also backs up this direction for Alliance.

Right now there was no envoy for the remaining troll civization under the horde but was left under the last will of Vol'jin to Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    WC3 has 4 Factions race and have several hero class: NE, Undead ,Horde and Alliance.

Alliance has Archmage, Mountain King, Paladin and Blood Mage.
    Horde has Farseer, Shadow Hunter, Blademaster
    Undead has: Dreadlord, Death Knight, Nerubian and Lich
    NE has Keeper of the Grove, Warden, DH and Priestess.

So far 2 have been implemented and one is viable and would fit in the coming expansion: Shadow Hunters.

The story arc of Trolls fits the Great/Veiled Sea expansion.
    The current leader of the Horde is an example of a Shadow Hunter: A Drow/Dark ranger spec and now Alleria embracing the Void also backs up this direction for Alliance.

Right now there was no envoy for the remaining troll civization under the horde but was left under the last will of Vol'jin to Sylvanas.
    Except the abilities of the Shadow Hunter were Big Bad Voodoo, Serpent Ward, Healing Wave, and Hex.

Shaman have two of those abilities, and Serpent Ward was a shaman glyph during WoD. I also think the Shaman class is a pretty obvious location for a spell called Big Bad Voodoo. After all, Shaman already have a talent called Voodoo Totem.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-07-09 at 01:38 PM.