Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question how many ToS bosses do i need to kill to upgrade my cache missioN?

how many bosses is required to upgrade a cache from lfr to normal > and then normal to heroic?

i am talking about the class order hall mission

thx
    Hi

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think but not 100% that it is at least 3 to 6 bosses on normal for normal cache and I think about the same or maybe more on heroic for heroic cache..

Deleted
    I killed 6 bosses in normal 2 wednesdays ago and still havent got any mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's normally a bit over 1 full clear of the raid.

My question is - how many do I need to kill (currently at 13) to get a second mission ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    I killed 6 bosses in normal 2 wednesdays ago and still havent got any mission.
    I got one at the start, not got another yet.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    My question is - how many do I need to kill (currently at 13) to get a second mission ?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't missions spawn time-based? Should've gotten one the week mythic opened up, and then you should get one more next week

Does anyone know if they need to be loot-kills? I ran the first 3 bosses twice extra this week in heroic just for fun after going 5/8. Wondering if I should expect heroic caches now.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Missions spawn every 2 weeks so this upcoming tuesday should be the second.

As for upgrading, it was 10 kills in Emerald Nightmare and 12 in The Nighthold.

ToS kills should be 11 or 12 to upgrade.

We will find out on Tuesday though when the missions spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Does anyone know if they need to be loot-kills? I ran the first 3 bosses twice extra this week in heroic just for fun after going 5/8. Wondering if I should expect heroic caches now.
    Yes they need to be loot kills. Re-kills don't count.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Missions spawn every 2 weeks so this upcoming tuesday should be the second.

As for upgrading, it was 10 kills in Emerald Nightmare and 12 in The Nighthold.

ToS kills should be 11 or 12 to upgrade.

We will find out on Tuesday though when the missions spawn.

Yes they need to be loot kills. Re-kills don't count.
    Can you still fail a mission to make it respawn at a higher difficulty once you have the required kills?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I can attest that my cache was Heroic when I had only killed 6 bosses on Heroic.
    This is without any Mythic Nighthold kills?

This conversation ("I got heroic cache with one kill." "But did you do last tier's mythic?") seem to happen at the beginning of every tier since BRF

EDIT: Going by past experience in this expansion (10 for EN's 7 bosses, 12 for NH's 10 bosses), it will be somewhere between 10 and 12. Probably four weeks of 3/9, for most people.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-07-10 at 07:30 AM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

I went 4/9 Normal and when the LFR wing first came out and everyone had access to the mission for the first time mine was normal item but I'm not sure if everyone got a normal or raid finder instead. I remember the first week NH cache came out it kind of bugged and gave everyone a normal item or something for the first mission even if they never cleared it .

10+ Year Old Account
    I can attest that my cache was Heroic when I had only killed 6 bosses on Heroic.
    If you got mythic NH cache, that's why.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, never stepped into Mythic NH.
    Hmm, weird.. Dunno then.

And of course this conversation keeps happening because Blizzard keeps changing the rules and has never told us how exactly this works. I mean it was 10 bosses to upgrade back in WoD, it was 8 or 10? for EN, it was more than 10 for NH (I think it was 12?)
    Yeah, I don't mean to offend anyone, but Blizzard's silence on this is making me tired. Also, that is VERY weird.
    Random bug, ToS threshold is really <6 or someone used black magic to make you forget you did NH?

EDIT: forgot to add, I did 0 heroic kills (before cache mission), ~20 mythic NH and got heroic ToS cache.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-07-10 at 07:43 AM.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

how many kills is it for a mythic ToS cache? currently at 9 but im wondering if the threshold is 10 or 11?

Full 9/9 hc clear before the mission, and got a normal cache last time.

And of course this conversation keeps happening because Blizzard keeps changing the rules and has never told us how exactly this works. I mean it was 10 bosses to upgrade back in WoD, it was 8 or 10? for EN, it was more than 10 for NH (I think it was 12?)

I thought it was full clear + 1 on any given difficulty to upgrade the cache to that. E.g. a 12 boss raid, you'd need 13 loot-eligible kills in that raid on heroic to get a heroic cache, and so on.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Perhaps there are multiple ways to unlock it and I unlocked it by virtue of ilvl?
    Now THAT would be very........innovative of Blizzard. I suppose it's not really impossible given all the silly things we've seen so far.
    If the OP really wants to know right now, though, maybe ask @Simca? Got the number last time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    Full 9/9 hc clear before the mission, and got a normal cache last time.

I thought it was full clear + 1 on any given difficulty to upgrade the cache to that. E.g. a 12 boss raid, you'd need 13 loot-eligible kills in that raid on heroic to get a heroic cache, and so on.
    Well that's very interesting (and more support for the idea that the threshold is between 10 and 12). As for hard-and-fast rules on caches? Probably never existed. It was a mess back in WoD, and Blizzard made it clear they don't intend to tell you how it works. Just keep progressing!

(If I remember them right Highmaul was 15, BRF was 21, HFC was 14(?)(<mythic)/8 (mythic), EN was 10(?), NH was 12. This is without any kills from previous raids messing it up even further. Wow, this takes me way back, good old WoD days when you need to build your shipyard for HFC cache and when heroic bosses give you mythic cache.)
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-07-10 at 08:16 AM.

The 1st mission cache you had spawned for ToS was largely produced based on your Nighthold experience. If you did a lot of Mythic NH, you got a heroic TOS cache first. Just a lot of heroic NH, then you got a normal cache, otherwise LFR.

Right now the going number of expected bossed killed (that you aren't loot locked to) needed to upgrade the cache is around total raid boss count size + 2? So for ToS that would mean you need 11 kills.

The mission should spawn today or tomorrow.

As kluian said, 11 kills is likely the best bet. EN was 9, NH was 12, and in both cases it was # of bosses +2, which would of course be 11 for ToS.

I had 12 + mythic NH kills and only 6 hc ToS kills and i got heroic cache.

got heroic with 9 mythic TOS kills