Poll: How do you think Kul'Tiras will be implemented? Will you be satisfied if so?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Kul'Tiras: Continent or Zone?

Hi guys!

So I know there is already a big topic going on HERE about 8.0 speculation, and as many of you probably know by now many clues are pointing towards Kul'Tiras. Now, following the general logic behind the naming of the icons, it is suggested that Kul'Tiras would be an expansion of its own rather than just a zone. So I thought it would be interesting to make a poll about it, and see what people think and what's their opinion about it.

So what do you think? Is Kul'Tiras gonna be retconned to some extent in order to make it eligible as a full continent expansion? Is it gonna be just a zone among others in the Baradin Bay? Or rather in the South Seas? Or maybe it's just here to throw us off the track?

Once, after seeing those Chronicles maps, I had a silly thought, that Cataclysm shifted Kul Tiras deeper to the sea (I dunno, if I remember correctly some dev said it during or shortly before Cataclysm) to align it with the N'zoth's prison. Short story even shorter: it would include an underground expansion, where we start on Kul Tiras and descend deeper and deeper to punch N'zoth :P

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Once, after seeing those Chronicles maps, I had a silly thought, that Cataclysm shifted Kul Tiras deeper to the sea (I dunno, if I remember correctly some dev said it during or shortly before Cataclysm) to align it with the N'zoth's prison. Short story even shorter: it would include an underground expansion, where we start on Kul Tiras and descend deeper and deeper to punch N'zoth :P
    The fact that it could be right above N'Zoth prison now was brought up by someone else on the forums. It's quite likely to happen if Blizzard wants to connect the dots in this particular way and make Kul'Tiras the central point of next expansion. I can't wait for Gamescom to (hopefully) bring more info on what it's going to be!

hmm, i don't really think it'll be a continent of its own, just a large zone of the expansion. potentially the end game zone.

i would maybe say part of south seas, it just depends where exactly they want to say the cataclysm made it go.

Nice to see that people are happy with the Kul'Tiras leak.
    By the way, can someone refresh my memory about the Jaina father, Daelin? What happened with this dude?

I think its safe to say that the majority of us want it to be a part of a chain of islands we can quest in rather than just 1 island broken into sections like the broken isle.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    hmm, i don't really think it'll be a continent of its own, just a large zone of the expansion. potentially the end game zone.

i would maybe say part of south seas, it just depends where exactly they want to say the cataclysm made it go.
    That's what makes me hope it could be closer to the islands of the South Seas than we actually think. I must admit though, people defending the idea that Kul'Tiras could work as a continent on its own have pretty good arguments, especially when we see what Blizzard has done with the Broken Isles. I'm still hoping it will involve the South Seas and we'll get to see Zandalar, Kezan, Plunder Isles and so on. But this seems to be the classic scenario, and Blizzard hasn't done a classic expansion since WotLK, so... I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
    By the way, can someone refresh my memory about the Jaina father, Daelin? What happened with this dude?
    He was killed by Rexxar because he was going after the orcs in Theramore or something if I'm not mistaken. Thrall tried to reason him, but Daelin wouldn't listen, thinking the Horde was still the ennemy even though his own daughter Jaina was a friend and ally of Thrall at the time.

My realm is Kul Tiras so either way I'm excited
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
    jaina killed him with orcs.

she had a second brother in the old lore, but he's non-canon now. hopefully they bring him back, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    That's what makes me hope it could be closer to the islands of the South Seas than we actually think. I must admit though, people defending the idea that Kul'Tiras could work as a continent on its own have pretty good arguments, especially when we see what Blizzard has done with the Broken Isles. I'm still hoping it will involve the South Seas and we'll get to see Zandalar, Kezan, Plunder Isles and so on. But this seems to be the classic scenario, and Blizzard hasn't done a classic expansion since WotLK, so... I don't know.
    eh, kezan's on the western side of the maelstrom, so closer to kalimdor. don't think it'd be included in this.

but definitely dying to see zandalar, and for that zul storyline to amount to something.

But definitely dying to see zandalar, and for that zul storyline to amount to something.
    It's like the ONE zone I've been dying to see since I've started WoW back during BC. We don't know much of it, and I'm sure Zuldazar looks absolutely splendid. For those wondering what it looks like, here is the only art we have about it (it's from Chronicles).

It looks sick! I hope Blizzard makes it happen and we go there next xpac, I'll be disappointed if we don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys!

So I know there is already a big topic going on HERE about 8.0 speculation, and as many of you probably know by now many clues are pointing towards Kul'Tiras. Now, following the general logic behind the naming of the icons, it is suggested that Kul'Tiras would be an expansion of its own rather than just a zone. So I thought it would be interesting to make a poll about it, and see what people think and what's their opinion about it.

So what do you think? Is Kul'Tiras gonna be retconned to some extent in order to make it eligible as a full continent expansion? Is it gonna be just a zone among others in the Baradin Bay? Or rather in the South Seas? Or maybe it's just here to throw us off the track?
    Kul Tiras would be a continent (small one) in the South Seas, divided with multiple zones. Would be a loss to only do some of it, as they apparently by lore, is able to keep themselves quite well on their islands.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Kul Tiras would be a continent (small one) in the South Seas, divided with multiple zones. Would be a loss to only do some of it, as they apparently by lore, is able to keep themselves quite well on their islands.
    Never thought about it on that angle, but it's true that if Kul'Tiras was able to sustain itself for so long, it can suggest the environment is quite diversified on the island itself? I still struggle with the idea of Kul'Tiras being a big island divided into zones. I've always thought about it as the size of Gilneas, roughly. If it happens to be a small continent, I'll still be excited to see what Blizzard will do with it though.

It's like the ONE zone I've been dying to see since I've started WoW back during BC. We don't know much of it, and I'm sure Zuldazar looks absolutely splendid. For those wondering what it looks like, here is the only art we have about it (it's from Chronicles).

[IMG]https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/429965Zuldazar.jpg[IMG]

It looks sick! I hope Blizzard makes it happen and we go there next xpac, I'll be disappointed if we don't.
    well, there is a bit of lore from mop, that some of it is sinking into the ocean after the cataclysm.

it's pretty mountainous though, so i'm sure there's enough of it to explore.

well, there is a bit of lore from mop, that some of it is sinking into the ocean after the cataclysm.

it's pretty mountainous though, so i'm sure there's enough of it to explore.
    That's true, but it all remained pretty vague so far. We know they have dinosaurs, that the island is sinking (but is it still sinking or has it been dealt with, we don't know), that there is some political intrigue going on between Prophet Zul and King Rastakhan but apart from that, nothing too precise. For all we know, the mountains could hide deep caverns or underground ecosystems, Zandalar could also have a big and still wild jungle part, anything is possible!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I think Kul'tiras is not big enough to be a continent, so was Pandaria.
    ...Well at least this island already appeared on Chronicles so they can't retcon it. Looking at its size, I think it needs to be a zone. Alas, if it was a World of Warcraft: Islands expansion, I think they can use lots of cool islands, like:

-Tel'abin, home to something totally new, and an old stranded sailor. Oh, and some bananas;
    -Plunder Isle, the tall island housing the mighty Bloodsail Hold;
    -Hiji, Plunder Isle's twin, housing... something. Trolls maybe?
    -Zandalar, the ruined capital-island of the Zandalari still loyal to their King;
    -Kul'tiras, dragged by the Cataclysm to the sea;
    -Kezan & Lost Isles, where the Goblins would finally discover how their home fared in all those years.

I'm going with "Kul'Tiras as a continent divided into zones. (Unsatisfied)" at the moment, partially because I hope to see more but am worried about being disappointed because there's a precedent.

The filename implies that Kul Tiras will be in the expansion name. Last time we got an island in an expansion name, it got retconned into a continent. I'm not saying Blizzard has to repeat that, but it certainly makes me nervous. Also, I don't think they'd necessarily have to retcon it either. For instance, the Broken Isles got turned into a "continent" as well, but to be perfectly fair, when you're flying down from Dalaran into it, it looks like a series of islands. It's only a "continent" because World of Warcraft is not at a realistic scale to begin with. In other words, Kul Tiras could still canonically be an island, but be the size of a game continent for gameplay purposes.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-10 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    While I think Kul'tiras is not big enough to be a continent, so was Pandaria.
    ...Well at least this island already appeared on Chronicles so they can't retcon it. Looking at its size, I think it needs to be a zone. Alas, if it was a World of Warcraft: Islands expansion, I think they can use lots of cool islands, like:

-Tel'abin, home to something totally new, and an old stranded sailor. Oh, and some bananas;
    -Plunder Isle, the tall island housing the mighty Bloodsail Hold;
    -Hiji, Plunder Isle's twin, housing... something. Trolls maybe?
    -Zandalar, the ruined capital-island of the Zandalari still loyal to their King;
    -Kul'tiras, dragged by the Cataclysm to the sea;
    -Kezan & Lost Isles, where the Goblins would finally discover how their home fared in all those years.
    To be fair, the Broken Isle only looks like a zone or two in the chronicle map.

I agree though, making Kul'Tiras a continent would be quite a stretch and a lost opportunity to explore the south seas
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

That's true, but it all remained pretty vague so far. We know they have dinosaurs, that the island is sinking (but is it still sinking or has it been dealt with, we don't know), that there is some political intrigue going on between Prophet Zul and King Rastakhan but apart from that, nothing too precise. For all we know, the mountains could hide deep caverns or underground ecosystems, Zandalar could also have a big and still wild jungle part, anything is possible!
    yeah, i'd think they could at least petition their loa or the earth spirits to halt its sinking. they have to have shamanism.

would definitely be a truly interesting place. i've got a feeling though, that this zul will be old god related. if that's the case, there might not be much of the non-cultist population left. but, that means it's more likely to show up in this expansion. i doubt we'd go there if there's nothing old god related, since it'd be kinda random ya know?

most of the troll stuff that has been in expansions hasn't exactly fit in with the overarching story of the expansion. the last bit of troll action we got, was in mists, and they made that fit in to the story a bit. i get the feeling like blizzard's trying to be more... like, coherent with the story of expansions, ya know? so, i think they'd feel the need to make it fit in.

jaina killed him with orcs.

she had a second brother in the old lore, but he's non-canon now. hopefully they bring him back, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

eh, kezan's on the western side of the maelstrom, so closer to kalimdor. don't think it'd be included in this.

but definitely dying to see zandalar, and for that zul storyline to amount to something.
    Last time they hyped a prophet, he ended up being a dungeon boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    To be fair, the Broken Isle only looks like a zone or two in the chronicle map.

I agree though, making Kul'Tiras a continent would be quite a stretch and a lost opportunity to explore the south seas
    An opportunity not yet taken isn't lost.